ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

Hootie 02-10-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9392365)
Yep, it should be getting pretty obvious by now.

No no no!!

Kobe is just too old now...even though, you know, he's putting up the same numbers he's put up every year. (that's what the Kobe ballwashers want you to believe)

the Lakers tried out super-teaming the Heat and they ended up putting together the dumbest ****ing roster I've ever seen.

Nash and Kobe? What? What? Ron Artest in a D'Antoni system? Riiight.

Trade Kobe for Mayo and expiring contracts to Dallas and let Nash run the show again with a lights out shooter and I bet the Lakers at least make the playoffs and maybe even win a round.

ChiefsCountry 02-10-2013 08:32 PM

Lakers will end up making the playoffs. Heck the league would love to see a Spurs/Lakers first round match up.

Hootie 02-10-2013 08:37 PM

if they want to "fix" their team...they should trade Kobe.

It won't happen...so they need to blow it up and trade EVERYONE...trade Dwight for $0.50 on the $1.

I just can't see Kobe being good enough anymore to win any titles as THE MAN. They tried to give him a super team and it doesn't work.

He's just not in the LeBron/KD league and it's not close.

time for the bandwagon Lakers fans to jump on OKC or something...at least you can all be like "it's the closest team to us!!!"

Hootie 02-10-2013 09:00 PM

basically what I'm trying to say is

if Kobe wants that 6th ring

he better enjoy being a bench player for the Heat

kcxiv 02-10-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9392378)
No no no!!

Kobe is just too old now...even though, you know, he's putting up the same numbers he's put up every year. (that's what the Kobe ballwashers want you to believe)

the Lakers tried out super-teaming the Heat and they ended up putting together the dumbest ****ing roster I've ever seen.

Nash and Kobe? What? What? Ron Artest in a D'Antoni system? Riiight.

Trade Kobe for Mayo and expiring contracts to Dallas and let Nash run the show again with a lights out shooter and I bet the Lakers at least make the playoffs and maybe even win a round.

cant trade Kobe, its not going to happen, no trade clause!~ Hes retiring after next year, he's not going to move away from his family to play! I know you hate Kobe, but quit suggesting idiotic trade scenarios! this whole team's contract expires after next year, then they can rebuild.

dirk digler 02-10-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9392059)
it is just a poorly constructed team...and I laughed when people were calling it "championship or bust" preseason.

I'm not always right, but I sure do like when I am!!

It is not poorly constructed it is poorly coached. If Phil was running this team they would be Top 5 in the West easy.

KC native 02-10-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9392544)
cant trade Kobe, its not going to happen, no trade clause!~ Hes retiring after next year, he's not going to move away from his family to play! I know you hate Kobe, but quit suggesting idiotic trade scenarios! this whole team's contract expires after next year, then they can rebuild.

It would be even more awesome if D'Antoni was still around to help guide that rebuild.

I hope the fakers get hot at the end of the year and D'Antoni comes back next year. Rinse and repeat for that following year.

KC native 02-10-2013 09:12 PM

And just like that the Spurs are blowing out the nets. No Manu or Timmy either. GO SPURS GO!!!!

Hootie 02-10-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9392544)

good luck rebuilding in LA...the Clippers are going to own that town (lol, amazing, isn't it?)

This could be a lonely next 10 years for Lakers fan. I predict we're going to see all of you bandwagoners find a new one...probably OKC around these parts.

kcxiv 02-10-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9392564)
It would be even more awesome if D'Antoni was still around to help guide that rebuild.

I hope the fakers get hot at the end of the year and D'Antoni comes back next year. Rinse and repeat for that following year.

The thing is they never really been healthy. Dwight is a shell of his former self, you see flashes of him at times, but he's strugglign no doubt about it. Nash missed 20 plus games. Gasol been in and out of the Line up and now he's out. Dealing with Knee tendinits and now the tear in his foot. Lets also not forget that JOrdan Hill is out for the season with some torn hip labrum. He was a damn offensive spark plug and great on the boards.

They show flashes of they can be good and its starting to come around, but its not quite there, at some point the Lakers are going to have to go on a little run by they have won 7 out of their last 10 games. Its a start they have some quality wins in there and some come backs.

This team isnt close to where it needs to be and right now they are the 10th seed and needs to do something good and need some help!

Hell, Kobe played well, but in the 4th there was some turn overs, but that was on everyone. Metta takes the most stupid shots with so much time on the clock. I would love to see him traded for pretty much anyone. Dude has no latteral movement anymore on D. Guys just fly by him. Kobe's lost some, but he still plays guys fairly well.

kcxiv 02-10-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9392576)
good luck rebuilding in LA...the Clippers are going to own that town (lol, amazing, isn't it?)

This could be a lonely next 10 years for Lakers fan. I predict we're going to see all of you bandwagoners find a new one...probably OKC around these parts.

Dude, its the ****ing Lakers. Since i was born they have won 10 titles and in my 36 years of my life they have played in the FINALS 40 percent of my years alive! Think about it 40 percent!

Hootie 02-10-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9392589)
Dude, its the ****ing Lakers. Since i was born they have won 10 titles and in my 36 years of my life they have played in the FINALS 40 percent of my years alive! Think about it 40 percent!

Yeah.

So what's going to happen now that they aren't going to sniff the Finals any time in the forseeable future?

KC native 02-10-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9392587)
The thing is they never really been healthy. Dwight is a shell of his former self, you see flashes of him at times, but he's strugglign no doubt about it. Nash missed 20 plus games. Gasol been in and out of the Line up and now he's out. Dealing with Knee tendinits and now the tear in his foot. Lets also not forget that JOrdan Hill is out for the season with some torn hip labrum. He was a damn offensive spark plug and great on the boards.

They show flashes of they can be good and its starting to come around, but its not quite there, at some point the Lakers are going to have to go on a little run by they have won 7 out of their last 10 games. Its a start they have some quality wins in there and some come backs.

This team isnt close to where it needs to be and right now they are the 10th seed and needs to do something good and need some help!

Hell, Kobe played well, but in the 4th there was some turn overs, but that was on everyone. Metta takes the most stupid shots with so much time on the clock. I would love to see him traded for pretty much anyone. Dude has no latteral movement anymore on D. Guys just fly by him. Kobe's lost some, but he still plays guys fairly well.

D'Antoni is a terrible coach. I hope he's in LA for a long time.

kcxiv 02-10-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9392590)
Yeah.

So what's going to happen now that they aren't going to sniff the Finals any time in the forseeable future?

then they go back to the drawing board like they did in the mid 90's i am ok with that! it happens. teams cant continue to be contenders every year for 30 years straight. Its a pipe dream! if the Lakers never win another championship again, it will be sad but ill be ok, ive seen 10!

Hootie 02-10-2013 09:27 PM

so I take it you're a Chiefs fan because you followed Montana or...?