ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

sedated 10-08-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10065446)
This would seem to imply there's something wrong with wanting to be a superstar/1st overall pick. I have little doubt, for example, that Wiggins wants to be both of those things.

Perhaps my implication was that there are 2 ways of doing it - working hard on the craft, getting the coaching that may tear you down a bit in pursuit of the overall picture, versus getting into a system that is all about hype and focusing only on the immediate goal.

Braincase 10-08-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10065419)
Bo Pelini has always been obsessed with KU, he just can't stay away.

LMAO

He is the vanguard, the lightbringer, the Prometheus of Nebraska's epic basketball heritage.

May Piatkowski walk with you, always.

Titty Meat 10-08-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10065419)
Bo Pelini has always been obsessed with KU, he just can't stay away.

LMAO

No Bo Pelini has been obsessed with losing big games and occasional losses to shitty teams.

Billay however sees potential in these Jayhawks. Everyone talks about Wiggins but it will be Ellis who determines where the team goes in March.

ROYC75 10-08-2013 09:14 PM

A bunch of shitten kittens down here right now..... Man, they are calling KU and the staff cheaters.

Sour grapes, sour I tell ya. LMAO type sour.

Titty Meat 10-08-2013 09:18 PM

I'm not calling KU cheaters I'm just asking why the same logic hasn't been applied.

Regardless if you don't think shady stuff goes down at every major university well then you are an idiot.

ROYC75 10-08-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 10065676)
I'm not calling KU cheaters I'm just asking why the same logic hasn't been applied.

Regardless if you don't think shady stuff goes down at every major university well then you are an idiot.

You expect us to put our own team down when there is no evidence of anything shady ?

For real ?:doh!:

Bambi 10-08-2013 09:43 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWJAXVOCIAAZg6N.jpg:large

edit: updated

CoMoChief 10-08-2013 09:47 PM

Just let Frankamp shoot the damn ball.

Pants 10-08-2013 10:05 PM

I'm gay as **** for Oubre right now.

KCFalcon59 10-08-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10065777)

Great cover! Damn!

Prison Bitch 10-08-2013 10:28 PM

Has to be a regional cover.

I'm expecting Connor to redshirt. Looked like an ant out there at Late Night. It's bold but I'm calling it.

HolyHandgernade 10-08-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 10065676)

Here's the problem, you're not applying logic. You're applying a false equivalency and everyone sees it. You established no parallel set of circumstances other than the two schools got some prize recruits. Maybe this works as logic in the land of corn, but its a rather silly point to try to claim as logic.

cmh6476 10-08-2013 10:36 PM

So I went to the Vandy/ MU game this weekend, wearing my KU garb of course. While taking a leak someone didn't notice because I hear a guy two urinals over to the MU fan next to me:

Vandy fan: "So, who is MU's big rival anyway?"

MU fan: "well uhhhh, it used to be KU but we don't play them no more"

Poor MU fans :(

KevB 10-08-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 10065507)
Perhaps my implication was that there are 2 ways of doing it - working hard on the craft, getting the coaching that may tear you down a bit in pursuit of the overall picture, versus getting into a system that is all about hype and focusing only on the immediate goal.

Because Anthony Davis, MKG, etc. didn't work at their craft and do things the right way? What immediate goal? To be the first pick, or your immediate goal for them to win your school a National Championship? KU has a great program, but to suggest they're more pure in some way than Kentucky is a fabrication (and btw, I'm not a fan of either program :) ). Cal is definitely a salesman, but the guy can coach too. His teams that have had success are based on the defensive end, not the "hype" of the dribble drive.

Buehler445 10-08-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10065930)
Has to be a regional cover.

I'm expecting Connor to redshirt. Looked like an ant out there at Late Night. It's bold but I'm calling it.

It's not all that bold. It's been his question since he signed. Can he handle the physical play of Big 12 and national play?

I'm hoping he can thrive against it. This team would be flat out sick with a pure shooter who wasn't a defensive liability.