ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

Hammock Parties 02-10-2013 05:42 PM

I don't give a ****. Dirk is the purest, most truthful champion in the history of professional sports.

All other Finals MVPs have an asterisk next to their names.

*not Dirk

-King- 02-10-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9392077)
well I certainly was never dumb enough to think Kobe was in the same league as LeBron James...

ROFL Kobe is one of the greatest players of all time. He is absolutely in LeBrons league career wise. We'll see how LeBron ends his career (especially when he hits 30 and his body starts to break down). Unless LeBron becomes better than Jordan, he'll be in the same class as Kobe and other top 10 players of all time.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2013 05:44 PM

Jordan - assisted by the refs and Pippen
Lebron - assisted by Wade and Bosh
Bird - assisted by a stupid ridiculous team
Magic - assisted by ****ing insane team

Dirk - ALL DIRK. PURE. NOBLE. ARYAN. MASTER RACE.

Greatest. Champion. Ever.

KC native 02-10-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9392091)
Jordan - assisted by the refs and Pippen
Lebron - assisted by Wade and Bosh
Bird - assisted by a stupid ridiculous team
Magic - assisted by ****ing insane team

Dirk - ALL DIRK. PURE. NOBLE. ARYAN. MASTER RACE.

Greatest. Champion. Ever.

ROFL So when is he going to win another one?

trollface.jpg

Hammock Parties 02-10-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9392093)
ROFL So when is he going to win another one?

trollface.jpg

It does not matter. All future championships won by he or other players are inferior to the greatest, purest, noblest and most holy championship of them all.

The Dirkness Championship.

Jesus only had to be crucified once.

KC native 02-10-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9392098)
It does not matter. All future championships won by he or other players are inferior to the greatest, purest, noblest and most holy championship of them all.

The Dirkness Championship.

Jesus only had to be crucified once.

You must be a Trent Dilfer fan. ROFL

KC_Connection 02-10-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9392089)
ROFL Kobe is one of the greatest players of all time. He is absolutely in LeBrons league career wise. We'll see how LeBron ends his career (especially when he hits 30 and his body starts to break down). Unless LeBron becomes better than Jordan, he'll be in the same class as Kobe and other top 10 players of all time.

LeBron is playing on a level these last 3-4 years that Kobe never reached. You must know that.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9392108)
You must be a Trent Dilfer fan. ROFL

I would compare it to the 17-0 Dolphins, but that was truly a team effort.

The purest thing I can compare it to in football terms, a championship driven mostly by a single individual and achieved without outside influence would be the 1996 Packers, or perhaps the 1985 Bears, with Walter Payton and Brett Favre playing the Dirk Nowitzki role. Certainly the Drew Brees Saints could also qualify, although that championship was somewhat tainted by the favoritism the league bestowed upon New Orleans due to Hurricane Katrina.

The Dirkness was a championship run for the ages in all sports.

Hootie 02-10-2013 06:42 PM

Kobe is my least favorite player of all-time. I think the "he's the ultimate NBA closer" talk I hear on TV just pushed me so far over the edge. I honestly don't think he's a top 10 player of all-time. Top 20 sure.

He might be. I admit I am very biased against him.

I do stand firm by my stance that he simply is not a closer, and never has been one. He's had as many clutch moments as he's had choker moments.

I do know that he's never had any postseason games like LeBron had last year Game 6 against Boston and years back against Detroit where he torched them and scored his team's final 28 points or something ridiculous like that.

LeBron is playing at a level right now we haven't seen since MJ.

MJ, though, distances himself SO FAR from the pact because he was...THE ULTIMATE...closer. Something we'll probably never see again.

His level of clutch is simply off the charts. That's what made MJ the legend he is.

Hootie 02-10-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9392168)
I would compare it to the 17-0 Dolphins, but that was truly a team effort.

The purest thing I can compare it to in football terms, a championship driven mostly by a single individual and achieved without outside influence would be the 1996 Packers, or perhaps the 1985 Bears, with Walter Payton and Brett Favre playing the Dirk Nowitzki role. Certainly the Drew Brees Saints could also qualify, although that championship was somewhat tainted by the favoritism the league bestowed upon New Orleans due to Hurricane Katrina.

The Dirkness was a championship run for the ages in all sports.

The 85 Bears had the greatest defense ever, won the Super Bowl by about a million (against your beloved Pats), and Walter Payton lost a fumble on the first snap of the game (I think).

Demonpenz 02-10-2013 07:02 PM

Dirk had to overcome watching Shawn Marions jumpshot

RustShack 02-10-2013 07:43 PM

LeBron is a whole new tier than Kobe has ever been in. Kobe is one of the best ever, but LeBron is a lot better.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9392180)
The 85 Bears had the greatest defense ever.

I know, which is why it's tough to elevate them to the level of The Dirkness, but it's a decent comparison.

I like the Favre comparison myself.

Truly one for the ages though. It may stand the test of time as the greatest championship won in sport since man picked up a ball.

KC_Connection 02-10-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9392265)
LeBron is a whole new tier than Kobe has ever been in. Kobe is one of the best ever, but LeBron is a lot better.

Yep, it should be getting pretty obvious by now.

Hootie 02-10-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9392355)
I know, which is why it's tough to elevate them to the level of The Dirkness, but it's a decent comparison.

I like the Favre comparison myself.

Truly one for the ages though. It may stand the test of time as the greatest championship won in sport since man picked up a ball.

I know you're trolling and I think it's funny.

But the 1998 Bulls disprove your theory.

Read: http://www.newyorker.com/archive/199...IBRY_000017085

and then link me to Dirk's Moment.