ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

KC_Connection 04-13-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 10561254)
Tywin does not like Tyrion

But does he not like him enough to scapegoat him for this? If so, Jaime may be Tyrion's last political ally left (and Jaime hates playing that game).

RINGLEADER 04-13-2014 09:40 PM

Seems like it was the fool (he gives the Stark girl some satisfaction of taking him out in the same way Rob went out - at a wedding). Also frees her from Tyrian if he loses his head.

But wouldn't surprise me if the Queen Regent wasn't quite ready to relinquish her power - she gets to stay in power and trades Joffrey for Tyrion.

GloucesterChief 04-13-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10561257)
But does he not like him enough to scapegoat him for this? If so, Jaime may be Tyrion's last political ally left (and Jaime hates playing that game).

I don't think so. Ideally if it was Tywin he would try and pin it on Oberyn but I don't know if he knew about Oberyn's vendetta until he met him at the reception. I doubt that Tyrion would tell him about it. There was no one representing Stannis or Balon at the wedding to pin the blame on either.

KC_Connection 04-13-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 10561258)
Seems like it was the fool (he gives the Stark girl some satisfaction of taking him out in the same way Rob went out - at a wedding). Also frees her from Tyrian if he loses his head.

Dontos definitely looked to have been in on whatever it was.

Fishpicker 04-13-2014 09:44 PM

oh yeah the fool. he gave Sansa the necklace in the garden. Earlier, Lady Tyrell threw a necklace over her shoulder and into the garden below

KC_Connection 04-13-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10561264)
I don't think so. Ideally if it was Tywin he would try and pin it on Oberyn but I don't know if he knew about Oberyn's vendetta until he met him at the reception. I doubt that Tyrion would tell him about it. There was no one representing Stannis or Balon at the wedding to pin the blame on either.

It's true, scapegoating Tyrion for this would not make the Lannister family look good.

KcMizzou 04-13-2014 09:48 PM

Oberyn wouldn't stoop to poison. He'd want to let you know he's going to kill you, and do it face to face.

KC_Connection 04-13-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10561282)
Oberyn wouldn't stoop to poison. He'd want to let you know he's going to kill you, and do it face to face.

Yeah, I got that impression from last episode.

Fishpicker 04-13-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10561272)
It's true, scapegoating Tyrion for this would not make the Lannister family look good.

to whom would it look bad? the Lannisters already have a bad reputation.

RINGLEADER 04-13-2014 09:54 PM

Watched it again just now - Sansa puts something in the goblet. I would presume she got the poison from the fool which is why he said what he said.

Kills him at a wedding - how fitting...

AndChiefs 04-13-2014 10:01 PM

I love this thread and all the theories.

KC_Connection 04-13-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 10561290)
to whom would it look bad? the Lannisters already have a bad reputation.

I guess an even worse reputation.

Buck 04-13-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 10561298)
Watched it again just now - Sansa puts something in the goblet. I would presume she got the poison from the fool which is why he said what he said.

I'm about to rewatch it, but didn't Tyrion hand the goblet, empty, back to Joffrey, then Joffrey told him to fill it?

Wouldn't he have been able to see if something was in there? At least something that could kill him that violently, that fast?

I can't remember the guys name (Lord Arryn maybe) who was poisoned in the beginning of the show, but he had a longer drawn out death if I remember.

KC_Connection 04-13-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 10561298)

You sure? I didn't see that. It would be awesome if she was involved, but I'd be surprised if she had the guts.

The Franchise 04-13-2014 10:17 PM

God damnt I hate Shae. I especially hate how they make her into something she isn't in the books.