ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

banyon 01-27-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeT
good call - I've always been thinking she was one of the others. She also got really nervous when Hurley asked her where he knew her from

Yeah, and that Hurley stepping on her foot thing was a load of s***. Hurley was the last one on the plane and she was in the tail! I've heard some speculation that she might've been at the psych ward, but as another patient, and a compulsive liar to boot. Either way, it will make for an interesting development.

tomahawk kid 01-27-2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon
Yeah, and that Hurley stepping on her foot thing was a load of s***. I've heard some speculation that she might've been at the psych ward, but as another patient, and a compulsive liar to boot. Either way, it will make for an interesting development.

Was Hurley being in the psyche ward part of his flash back episode?

I must have missed that.

banyon 01-27-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid
Was Hurley being in the psyche ward part of his flash back episode?
I must have missed that.

They never directly say that he was a patient, but you infer it from a couple of things. First, when he visits the ward to see the guy who mutters the numbers to himself, the staff says that it's good to see him again, but in kind of an uneasy way. He also makes a big deal of of it when someone (Charlie I think) calls him crazy. It upsets him more than such an offhand remark should. He's also very relieved when Rousseau confirms that he's not crazy because she says the numbers ruined her life too. (I think most of this was in "Numbers" which re-airs next week...maybe that's not a coincidence that they chose that specific show to rerun)

I think it's more likely that Libby was a patient. That would explain why they only had incidental contact and Hurley didn't particulary notice or remember her. If she had been a doctor, particularly his doctor, it seems like they'd know each other better. But like I said, either was is interesting.

ct 01-30-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

They never directly say that he was a patient, but you infer it from a couple of things. First, when he visits the ward to see the guy who mutters the numbers to himself, the staff says that it's good to see him again, but in kind of an uneasy way. He also makes a big deal of of it when someone (Charlie I think) calls him crazy. It upsets him more than such an offhand remark should. He's also very relieved when Rousseau confirms that he's not crazy because she says the numbers ruined her life too. (I think most of this was in "Numbers" which re-airs next week...maybe that's not a coincidence that they chose that specific show to rerun)

I think it's more likely that Libby was a patient. That would explain why they only had incidental contact and Hurley didn't particulary notice or remember her. If she had been a doctor, particularly his doctor, it seems like they'd know each other better. But like I said, either was is interesting.

Hurley also mentioned to Jack that he was in a psych ward, when he was trying to tell Jack about the numbers. Definitely no coincidence that the 'Numbers ' episode will re-air before another new episode. Hurley and Libby are about to take center stage, along with I suspect Danielle and/or the computer/timer.

Quote:

Yeah, and that Hurley stepping on her foot thing was a load of s***. Hurley was the last one on the plane and she was in the tail! I've heard some speculation that she might've been at the psych ward, but as another patient, and a compulsive liar to boot. Either way, it will make for an interesting development.

Good point about the seating arrangements. Only way Hurley steps on her foot is if she is up and moving around. Agree that it's a good possibility she was a patient, and is not really a psychiatrist.

Rausch 02-01-2006 06:48 PM

Is there a new episode on this evening?...

arrowheadnation 02-01-2006 07:22 PM

No...it's a repeat.

Chiefnj 02-09-2006 08:21 AM

Bump if anyone still watches.

I enjoyed last nights episode as it put the characters back in character.

KCTitus 02-09-2006 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj

Yeah, it was pretty good...but like the episode before, the best part was the previews for next week.

You think they let the clock get to zero?

Chiefnj 02-09-2006 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
Yeah, it was pretty good...but like the episode before, the best part was the previews for next week.

I don't know. It seems like half the trailers for new episodes always show the clock at, or near zero. Could be. It is Jack's only element of power that he has left over Locke.

KCTitus 02-09-2006 08:47 AM

Quote:

I don't know. It seems like half the trailers for new episodes always show the clock at, or near zero. Could be. It is Jack's only element of power that he has left over Locke.

True...well, it was an interesting dynamic shift last night. Sawyer reverting to season 1 form and Charlie working with him as the 'bad guys' now. Looks like Charlie is headed back to the darkside. Definately gives room for more plot angles.

angel 02-09-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus

The preview showed it at zero

I'm still skeptical, though-- maybe it's Locke having a nightmare... my friends and I predicted that they wouldn't let it hit zero until the season finale, and then we'd have to wait until next season to find out what happens.

Baby Lee 02-09-2006 09:24 AM

http://www.hbo.com/deadwood/img/90x9...cytolliver.jpg
1. My my my, Miss Stubbs.

2. So where does the appearance of a younger, less worn Kate's mother, in the diner, put Sawyer's long con in the metastory?

3. Where's Locke's knife collection?

KevB 02-09-2006 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
http://www.hbo.com/deadwood/img/90x9...cytolliver.jpg
1. My my my, Miss Stubbs.

2. So where does the appearance of a younger, less worn Kate's mother, in the diner, put Sawyer's long con in the metastory?

3. Where's Locke's knife collection?

Thanks for the Miss Stubbs reference....that was driving me crazy trying to come up with where I'd seen her before. Now I'm disappointed in myself for not remembering immediately.

keg in kc 02-09-2006 09:56 AM

I'm starting to lose interest for some reason. Haven't missed an ep yet, but I can't remember half of last night's.

KevB 02-09-2006 09:58 AM

Quote:

Agreed. It was getting to the point that it seemed to be catering to the audiences' desire to "like" every character (except Charlie, who they turned into a raving lunatic).

Here's the part from last night's show that just didn't make sense. Jack is a relatively even keeled guy. How would he go from wanting guns to exact some revenge - to clearly having some reservations about who kidnapped Jin - to looking for blood? That line of thought for Jack just didn't fit.