ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Mosbonian 09-30-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10035951)
I considered Winslow. So as of right now, yes...he's the best MU has ever put in the league imo.

Hopefully Aldon can make it back into the league and continue a promising career. I think he has potential to join those two in the HOF.

Sorry but you are sadly wrong if you think Aldon Smith is better than any of the guys I mentioned. Kellen Winslow literally re-created the Tight End position....and Roger Wehrli was one of the best.

Aldon Smith has the talent...once he conquers his demons, he has the ability to be one of the best, but he has a long way to go to get to where Wehrli and Winslow already are.

Mosbonian 09-30-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 10036054)
James Wilder was REALLY damn good, got stuck on some horrid Buccaneers teams.

This.....had he been on a team with a front line who knows what his numbers would have been.

Saul Good 09-30-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10036125)
Sorry but you are sadly wrong if you think Aldon Smith is better than any of the guys I mentioned. Kellen Winslow literally re-created the Tight End position....and Roger Wehrli was one of the best.

Aldon Smith has the talent...once he conquers his demons, he has the ability to be one of the best, but he has a long way to go to get to where Wehrli and Winslow already are.

Aldon Smith is tracking to be one of the best defensive players in history if he gets his shit in order.

Bambi 09-30-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10036125)

My post was meant to say that I consider Winslow the best as of right now.

Never saw Wehrli play.

Bambi 09-30-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10034689)
I had the strangest thing happen to me today. I grabbed a new note pad, and someone had written a list of Pro Bowl players from KU playing in the NFL on every page.

Chris Harris and Aqib Talib will be landing there this season.

But you're right. Kansas hasn't had the NFL Defensive Player of the Year since 1997 so it would be nice to snag another one of those soon.

Mosbonian 09-30-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10036129)
Aldon Smith is tracking to be one of the best defensive players in history if he gets his shit in order.

And we all know how it doesn't take much to derail even the best athlete forever....tracking is one thing, but the guys I mentioned are already there and accomplished it without letting their careers get derailed.

As I said, I hope he gets himself straightened out and becomes the player he can be.

Prison Bitch 09-30-2013 08:31 PM

When I think of best defensive players of all time, I used to think of Lawrence Taylor or Reggie White or Dick Butkus. Now I just think of Aldon Smith.

Bambi 09-30-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10036436)
And we all know how it doesn't take much to derail even the best athlete forever....tracking is one thing, but the guys I mentioned are already there and accomplished it without letting their careers get derailed.

As I said, I hope he gets himself straightened out and becomes the player he can be.

Who was the guy recently who retired well before he needed to so he could get his life in order?

Al Bundy 09-30-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10036126)
This.....had he been on a team with a front line who knows what his numbers would have been.

Top 5 running back of the 80's.

Saul Good 09-30-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10036451)
When I think of best defensive players of all time, I used to think of Lawrence Taylor or Reggie White or Dick Butkus. Now I just think of Aldon Smith.

Want to compare their career numbers after their first two seasons?

Prison Bitch 10-01-2013 07:47 AM

The betting public is so impressed with Mizzou beating up four homeless dudes on the street that they are +2 pt dogs to Vandy. Yes powerhouse Vandy, already 0-2 in league.

Lulllllllllllz

Pasta Little Brioni 10-01-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10036210)
Chris Harris and Aqib Talib will be landing there this season.

But you're right. Kansas hasn't had the NFL Defensive Player of the Year since 1997 so it would be nice to snag another one of those soon.

ROFL

Saul Good 10-01-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10037345)
The betting public is so impressed with Mizzou beating up four homeless dudes on the street that they are +2 pt dogs to Vandy. Yes powerhouse Vandy, already 0-2 in league.

Lulllllllllllz

Kansas fans are just sad.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-01-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10037376)
Kansas fans are just sad.

The two stooges have to make the decent ones here facepalm

Saul Good 10-01-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10037378)
The two stooges have to make the decent ones here facepalm

HAVE to. I mean just damn... If my team hadn't won a game against a current member of my conference since October of 2009, I'm not sure I'd be tossing out, "your undefeated team is a slight underdog in a conference road game to a team that won 9 games including a bowl last year" smack.

I mean, it's not like they even play in a decent conference. It's been nearly two years since anyone in the conference signed a 5-star recruit, and not a single 5-star has a Big 1? team on his short list for 2014.

The worst program in the worst conference doesn't get to mouth off to anyone...let alone a 4-0 rival that they're too pussy to schedule. This is the ultimate in talking shit while hiding behind mommy's skirt.

For the love of God, develop just a drop of self-awareness.

Bambi 10-01-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10037345)

Lulllllllllllz

How is Mizzou an underdog when they're undefeated?

Maybe they should schedule better. That must suck to still get no respect.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-01-2013 09:13 AM

They should have rushed the field. That would have gained some respect.

Saul Good 10-01-2013 09:39 AM

Kansas is a 14 point underdog...at home

Pasta Little Brioni 10-01-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10037658)

They will be good with covering the spread.

Prison Bitch 10-01-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10037568)
How is Mizzou an underdog when they're undefeated?

Maybe they should schedule better. That must suck to still get no respect.

If they had scheduled anyone with a pulse, they wouldn't be undefeated.

Saul Good 10-01-2013 09:50 AM

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...year-week-4-2/

Sheldon for ROTY

Saul Good 10-01-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10037693)

Rice, La Tech, and SDSU were unavailable.

Bambi 10-01-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10037658)

Cool. Both are schools are underdogs this week.

Then again KU's opponent is undefeated and Mizzou's opponent has 2 losses.

How on earth is an undefeated team an underdog to a team with two losses?

Talk about the public showing no confidence in your team. wow

Bambi 10-01-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10037693)

Or if Arkansas State wouldn't have been cheated out of their fumble return for a TD Saturday night.

Saul Good 10-01-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10037797)
Or if Arkansas State wouldn't have been cheated out of their fumble return for a TD Saturday night.

They were awarded the ball and scored a touchdown a couple plays later...their only touchdown of the game (compared to 6 scored by Mizzou). You are really dumb.

Dr. Gigglepants 10-01-2013 10:22 AM

Yes, those 22 point fumble return touchdowns are crucial. If only.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bambi 10-01-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10037825)
They were awarded the ball and scored a touchdown a couple plays later...their only touchdown of the game (compared to 6 scored by Mizzou). You are really dumb.

Good to hear you are so confident. Good luck with an upset Saturday.

Saul Good 10-01-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10037792)
Cool. Both are schools are underdogs this week.

Then again KU's opponent is undefeated and Mizzou's opponent has 2 losses.

How on earth is an undefeated team an underdog to a team with two losses?

Talk about the public showing no confidence in your team. wow

Football is funny that way. For example, a team can lose 37-0 to Maryland and turn around and beat the top ranked Big 12 team the next week.

A team can get rolled up by BYU and Ol' Miss at home then crush the Big 12 champion in their next game.

A team can finish second in the Big 12 and then lose by 100 to the fifth place SEC team in their bowl game.

Bambi 10-01-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10037843)
Football is funny that way. For example, a team can lose 37-0 to Maryland and turn around and beat the top ranked Big 12 team the next week.

A team can get rolled up by BYU and Ol' Miss at home then crush the Big 12 champion in their next game.

A team can finish second in the Big 12 and then lose by 100 to the fifth place SEC team in their bowl game.

The top 7 teams in the SEC beat the bottom 7 teams. Every time. That's incredibly bad for the bottom feeders.

A one loss Florida team got smoked by a Big East team in a bowl.

You're right. Football is funny.

Saul Good 10-01-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10037874)
The top 7 teams in the SEC beat the bottom 7 teams. Every time. That's incredibly bad for the bottom feeders.

A one loss Florida team got smoked by a Big East team in a bowl.

You're right. Football is funny.

It's funny that a conference champion beat a third place SEC team? ****...the SEC is even better than I thought when THAT is considered an upset worthy of discussion nine months later. I mean Teddy Bridgewater is expected by many to be the number one pick in the draft. If he is only a slightly better NFL quarterback than anyone in the history of the Big 12, he will be considered a bust.

Mosbonian 10-01-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10037420)
HAVE to. I mean just damn... If my team hadn't won a game against a current member of my conference since October of 2009, I'm not sure I'd be tossing out, "your undefeated team is a slight underdog in a conference road game to a team that won 9 games including a bowl last year" smack.

I mean, it's not like they even play in a decent conference. It's been nearly two years since anyone in the conference signed a 5-star recruit, and not a single 5-star has a Big 1? team on his short list for 2014.

The worst program in the worst conference doesn't get to mouth off to anyone...let alone a 4-0 rival that they're too pussy to schedule. This is the ultimate in talking shit while wearing mommy's skirt.

For the love of God, develop just a drop of self-awareness.

FYP....

Bambi 10-01-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10037909)
It's funny that a conference champion beat a third place SEC team? ****...the SEC is even better than I thought when THAT is considered an upset worthy of discussion nine months later. I mean Teddy Bridgewater is expected by many to be the number one pick in the draft. If he is only a slightly better NFL quarterback than anyone in the history of the Big 12, he will be considered a bust.

So YOU can bring up what happened last year? But I can't? Makes sense.

Oklahoma is doing just fine. They just went on the road and manhandled the team that played for the BCS Title last season.

But feel free to talk about them. I'm sure they are concerned with Mizzou.

Saul Good 10-01-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10037953)
So YOU can bring up what happened last year? But I can't? Makes sense.

Oklahoma is doing just fine. They just went on the road and manhandled the team that played for the BCS Title last season.

But feel free to talk about them. I'm sure they are concerned with Mizzou.

I was just answering your question. A fifth place team beating a second place team? Big news.

A first place team beating a third place team? Not really that unexpected.

And let's be honest...Notre Dame didn't really play in the national championship game. Georgia did.

As far as Oklahoma goes, they don't have to worry about Mizzou whipping that ass when they are ranked number one anymore. Mizzou accepted a promotion, and Oklahoma hasn't sniffed the top spot since Mizzou slapped them on their asses and sent them home.

Prison Bitch 10-01-2013 11:13 AM

Someday Mizzou fans will talk about their own achievements. But first, the achievements must happen. Until then they will brag about Bammy and Texas a&m and LSU.

Bambi 10-01-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10037959)
I was just answering your question. A fifth place team beating a second place team? Big news.

A first place team beating a third place team? Not really that unexpected.

And let's be honest...Notre Dame didn't really play in the national championship game. Georgia did.

As far as Oklahoma goes, they don't have to worry about Mizzou whipping that ass when they are ranked number one anymore. Mizzou accepted a promotion, and Oklahoma hasn't sniffed the top spot since Mizzou slapped them on their asses and sent them home.

Go on record. Who has the brighter football future?

Mizzou or Oklahoma?

Saul Good 10-01-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10038004)
Someday Mizzou fans will talk about their own achievements. But first, the achievements must happen. Until then they will brag about Bammy and Texas a&m and LSU.

I'm sorry. Did you miss the part about Mizzou whipping Oklahoma when College Gameday was in Columbia? Did you miss the 4-0 part? Did you miss the part where we kicked your ass in our last Big 12 football game and walked away with the conference championship trophy in our last Big 12 basketball game?

You must have been too busy posting about Kansas football to notice.

Bambi 10-01-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10038004)

The 2012 Big 12 Basketball Tourney sure seems to be getting a lot of burn.

Saul Good 10-01-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10038017)
Go on record. Who has the brighter football future?

Mizzou or Oklahoma?

Oklahoma appears to have the edge. When Nebraska, Colorado, Mizzou, and aTm upgrade and are replaced by WVU and TCU (still looking for two more teams if you know anyone, btw) and the flagship program in your conference goes 1-2 in the non-con, Oklahoma is sitting pretty.

Shit...they can have the best recruiting class in the conference without landing a five star recruit in years.

Bambi 10-01-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10038033)
Oklahoma appears to have the edge. When Nebraska, Colorado, Mizzou, and aTm upgrade and are replaced by WVU and TCU (still looking for two more teams if you know anyone, btw) and the flagship program in your conference goes 1-2 in the non-con, Oklahoma is sitting pretty.

Shit...they can have the best recruiting class in the conference without landing a five star recruit in years.

Yea, I didn't think so.

Mosbonian 10-01-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 10034216)
Guys, from a KU fan, if you'd just put the fellow on ignore you'd save yourselves a lot of trouble.

You know...I decided to take your advice. But that hides almost 65% of the posts on this thread. :D

Saul Good 10-01-2013 11:34 AM

Texas and West Virginia must be ecstatic that conference play has started. They need the wins. Must be sweet getting humiliated in the non-con only to be atop the Big 12 standings a week later with wins over the defending conference champion and the top ranked team in the conference under their belts.

Prison Bitch 10-01-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10038023)
The 2012 Big 12 Basketball Tourney sure seems to be getting a lot of burn.

The epic face plant the next week doesn't seem to get the same airplay.

Bambi 10-01-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10038084)
The epic face plant the next week doesn't seem to get the same airplay.

As a KU fan I've definitely experienced some NCAA Tournament losses that were tough to take but I would never wish what happened to Mizzou in 2012 on anyone.

Saul Good 10-01-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10038106)
As a KU fan I've definitely experienced some NCAA Tournament losses that were tough to take but I would never wish what happened to Mizzou in 2012 on anyone.

Good thing we have a football team. I mean basketball is a fun distraction for the offseason and all. Can you imagine what it must feel like to get bounced in the first round when you're one of the handful of BCS schools that only cares about basketball?

(I guess you don't have to imagine.)

Saul Good 10-01-2013 12:02 PM

I wouldn't think Big 12 fans would want to dwell on the 2011 basketball postseason. SEC teams kept cutting down nets after playing Big 12 teams... It's bad enough when an SEC team beats a Big 12 opponent to win the National Championship, but it's a different kind of kick in the pussy when an SEC team walks away with the Big 12 championship trophy.

Prison Bitch 10-01-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10038106)

I wished it on those idiots actually. And like a Disney movie, my wish came true.

Saul Good 10-01-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10038143)
I wished it on those idiots actually. And like a Disney movie, my wish came true.

Should have saved that wish. It could have come in handy against Kentucky.

Pitt Gorilla 10-01-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

MU really does take up residence in that dome of yours.

Bambi 10-01-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

lol. I didn't wish it on them it was so bad. But I had picked MU to go pretty far in the tourney. I was pissed.

Saul Good 10-01-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10038189)
lol. I didn't wish it on them it was so bad. But I had picked MU to go pretty far in the tourney. I was pissed.

Here it is...football season in 2013. What are Kansas fans discussing?

Mizzou basketball 2011, of course.

Bambi 10-01-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10038255)
Here it is...football season in 2013. What are Kansas fans discussing?

Mizzou basketball 2011, of course.

Nah, we discuss our winning football team playing this Saturday. There's a thread around here somewhere...

Saul Good 10-01-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10038276)
Nah, we discuss our winning football team playing this Saturday. There's a thread around here somewhere...

"Somewhere" is right. You'll probably need to use the search function. Prison Bitch started posting about the Tigers first thing this morning. Doesn't seem that the Kansas football thread has been touched in several days.

Prison Bitch 10-01-2013 01:34 PM

These SEC losses are expected and nobody notices but the Norfolk shocker actually made MU national news for once.

Bambi 10-01-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10038301)
"Somewhere" is right. You'll probably need to use the search function. Prison Bitch started posting about the Tigers first thing this morning. Doesn't seem that the Kansas football thread has been touched in several days.

2013 KU Football Thread (1,158 posts)

2013 MU Football Thread (945 posts)

It is KANSAS City after all.

Prison Bitch 10-02-2013 09:12 AM

SI names the top college basketball programs

http://college-basketball.si.com/201...-the-top-five/

Bambi 10-02-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10040364)
SI names the top college basketball programs

http://college-basketball.si.com/201...-the-top-five/

Weird. All BCS schools.

Saul Good 10-03-2013 08:24 AM

Big Game Bob is running his mouth again. I guess when you average 13 points and change against SEC teams in the last several years, you feel the need to rip on their defenses.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?story...26&src=desktop

Bambi 10-03-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10042752)
Big Game Bob is running his mouth again. I guess when you average 13 points and change against SEC teams in the last several years, you feel the need to rip on their defenses.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?story...26&src=desktop

By pointing out the quality of QB play in the Big 12 the past few years and now saying the SEC has some nice QBs?

csb

Saul Good 10-03-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10042885)
By pointing out the quality of QB play in the Big 12 the past few years and now saying the SEC has some nice QBs?

csb

Yeah, the SEC is really catching up to the Big 1? in terms of QBs. Bray and Newton and Tebow and Mallett and Stafford and Cutler and Russel and Wilson and Peyton and Eli were a bunch of stiffs.

The real talent was in the Big 1? as evidenced by all of their QBs tearing up the NFL.

Prison Bitch 10-03-2013 10:00 AM

Did you just drop Jamarcus Russell and Tyler Wilson on the rest of us???

Chiefspants 10-03-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10038432)
2013 KU Football Thread (1,158 posts)

2013 MU Football Thread (945 posts)

It is KANSAS City after all.

It would be nice if we gave TV coverage to our city, then.

Saul Good 10-03-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10042990)
Did you just drop Jamarcus Russell and Tyler Wilson on the rest of us???

Yes. They were fantastic college quarterbacks that didn't do shit in the pros. If we're only going to discuss QBs that were good in the NFL, we aren't going to be able to talk about the Big 12.

Stoops wants to act like Big 12 defenses give up points because they go up against great QBs every week. They don't. They go up against guys like Tyler Wilson (at best). If the Big 12 has had all the good QBs as Stoops said, why don't they play on Sundays? Why can't Oklahoma manage more than 14 points against SEC teams?

Why was Ole Miss able to hang 44 on Texas in Austin only to get shut out by Alabama in their next game? Why was that same Texas team then able to put up a double digit win against the Big 12 champs in their next game? Why was West Virginia able to score 30 points in a win over the highest ranked Big 12 team a week after getting shut out 38-0 against Maryland?

The smartest thing Stoops can do is shut his mouth and keep beating up the Little Sisters of the Poor and hope that nobody asks too many questions if they go undefeated. The more people look at the teams on Oklahoma's schedule, the more likely they are to get passed over by a PAC or SEC team with a loss.

Prison Bitch 10-03-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 10043109)
It would be nice if we gave TV coverage to our city, then.

But think of all the people in the US who will finally be able to watch our women's volleyball games!

Pasta Little Brioni 10-03-2013 05:02 PM

Big Bevo continues to embarrass itself.

Saul Good 10-03-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10044345)
Big Bevo continues to embarrass itself.

How so? You mean by playing a Thursday game?

TribalElder 10-03-2013 06:06 PM

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - I was having a conversation with a buddy last night. He's a Missouri fan and like many of them, he has some mixed feelings about Mizzou bolting for the SEC.

I bring this up because we both agreed if Missouri was still in the Big 12, chances are pretty good they would win this conference this year.

Take a look at what's happened to the Big 12 since Missouri and Nebraska bailed.

I'm serious about this, folks. The league has gone from one of the premier football conferences in America to a league that can be compared with the likes of the MAC and Mountain West.

Yes. Big 12 football, competition wise, has fallen to that point.

I saw one pre-season publication that had the Sun Belt ahead of the Big 12.

The team picked to win the conference, Oklahoma State, has already lost to West Virginia who is picked at the bottom of the conference with Kansas. And please, don't misconstrue that with parity.

So, how bad is this league? Probably not as bad as I’m making it sound. But I state my case with this:
Kansas State, defending co-champs, is about to lose for the third time in five games. They're more than a two touchdown underdog at Stillwater.

Oklahoma Sooners are probably the best team in the league. They're still not in the top 10, no Big 12 team is.
There's no question that Big 12 mystique is not quite as shiny since Missouri and Nebraska defected.

It doesn't matter how they try to sell it. TCU and West Virginia are not a good tradeoff for Missouri and Nebraska.

Just to give you an idea of how soft this conference is, Texas Tech for crying out loud is one of the league's top ranked teams.
You talk about a cupcake schedule. They get KU, Iowa State and West Virginia in the next three weeks.

Missouri fans need to move on, but it’s okay to dream of what could have been.

That’s Jack’s Smack.

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/sports/jacks...#ixzz2ghttenZH

Bambi 10-03-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10044533)
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - I was having a conversation with a buddy last night. He's a Missouri fan and like many of them, he has some mixed feelings about Mizzou bolting for the SEC.

I bring this up because we both agreed if Missouri was still in the Big 12, chances are pretty good they would win this conference this year.

Take a look at what's happened to the Big 12 since Missouri and Nebraska bailed.

I'm serious about this, folks. The league has gone from one of the premier football conferences in America to a league that can be compared with the likes of the MAC and Mountain West.

Yes. Big 12 football, competition wise, has fallen to that point.

I saw one pre-season publication that had the Sun Belt ahead of the Big 12.

The team picked to win the conference, Oklahoma State, has already lost to West Virginia who is picked at the bottom of the conference with Kansas. And please, don't misconstrue that with parity.

So, how bad is this league? Probably not as bad as I’m making it sound. But I state my case with this:
Kansas State, defending co-champs, is about to lose for the third time in five games. They're more than a two touchdown underdog at Stillwater.

Oklahoma Sooners are probably the best team in the league. They're still not in the top 10, no Big 12 team is.
There's no question that Big 12 mystique is not quite as shiny since Missouri and Nebraska defected.

It doesn't matter how they try to sell it. TCU and West Virginia are not a good tradeoff for Missouri and Nebraska.

Just to give you an idea of how soft this conference is, Texas Tech for crying out loud is one of the league's top ranked teams.
You talk about a cupcake schedule. They get KU, Iowa State and West Virginia in the next three weeks.

Missouri fans need to move on, but it’s okay to dream of what could have been.

That’s Jack’s Smack.

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/sports/jacks...#ixzz2ghttenZH

THIS was the year!

Eleazar 10-03-2013 07:56 PM

It's funny, you hear so many internet anecdotes about these Mizzou fans who are supposedly having second thoughts about joining the SEC, but you never actually meet any of them.

TribalElder 10-03-2013 07:58 PM

Jack harry is a dumbass
ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 10-03-2013 08:12 PM

Fighting Rusthacks and King Bevo in a barnburner

Prison Bitch 10-03-2013 08:48 PM

The idea Mizzou would beat Baylor is totally baseless. Baylor beat Mizzou the last two times they played, scoring 40 and then 42 on them. I highly doubt they'd hold them under 50 points. They lost their last 3 to Okie State. They are 1-8 vs Stoops with most of them blowouts.

So no, there's no logical reason to think they'd win shit.

Bambi 10-03-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10045107)
The idea Mizzou would beat Baylor is totally baseless. Baylor beat Mizzou the last two times they played, scoring 40 and then 42 on them. I highly doubt they'd hold them under 50 points. They lost their last 3 to Okie State. They are 1-8 vs Stoops with most of them blowouts.

No one takes old Jack seriously. Even Mizzou fans.

Bambi 10-03-2013 09:07 PM

gross...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ay-hate-speech

TribalElder 10-03-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10045107)

https://ma.twimg.com/profile_images/...0015_Harry.jpg

Saul Good 10-04-2013 06:18 AM

The Big 12 is nothing if not entertaining.

http://www.cyclones.com/mediaPortal/...bml?id=3076185

Prison Bitch 10-04-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10045148)
No one takes old Jack seriously. Even Mizzou fans.

They took him seriously during the entire realignment thing and then when he picked them to go to "Zou Orleans". However none of them thought they'd get Norfolk'd.

Saul Good 10-04-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10045837)
They took him seriously during the entire realignment thing and then when he picked them to go to "Zou Orleans". However none of them thought they'd get Norfolk'd.

I've never seen a Mizzou fan on here give any credence to anything Jack Harry says. You really live in your own sad little world. Why don't you go rush the field over only being an 18 point underdog to a team playing a backup quarterback?

Saul Good 10-04-2013 08:41 AM

Wow. The Mike Davis cheap shot is front page on Yahoo.

What happened to Texas? They have sunk to playing Thursday night games against Iowa State and relying on a hail Mary pass, 100+ yards in penalties (against the least penalized team in the conference), and a blatant game-deciding blown call at the end of the game to win.

As if that isn't humiliation enough, the national media is blowing up over the cheapest of cheap shots. At least when it was the SWC that Texas was ruining instead of the Big 1?, they were a good team.

Prison Bitch 10-04-2013 09:09 AM

Rhoads is angry a questionable fumble wasn't called on 1st and goal from his one. Don't know what's more pathetic than that, nothing comes to mind.

Saul Good 10-04-2013 09:14 AM

Questionable fumble? The Iowa State guy was 25 yards down field on his way to a touchdown when the RB finally was down.

I love it and want Texas to run the table, but ISU got completely ****ed.

$$$$$$$$