ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

Ultra Peanut 08-24-2008 06:49 PM

Okay, if the Too Human demo had given you a level 15 character with a few purps in your inventory, this game would have sold approximately 1.3 billion copies.

I just said "OH MY GOD!" after a somewhat protracted battle; not in response to any particular moment, but just because of how ****ing awesome it was to become Death, destroyer of worlds.

Mr. Plow 08-25-2008 08:59 AM

So who's getting Tiger Woods 09 tomorrow? Looks pretty sweet.

Lzen 08-25-2008 09:26 AM

Just downloaded 3 songs for Rock Band this past weekend.

Constant Motion - Dream Theater
Toxicity - System of a Down
B.Y.O.B. - System of a Down

Hard songs, especially Constant Motion. But fun.....very, very fun. ;)

Basileus777 08-26-2008 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 4935865)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7576956.stm

Xbox Live in youth voting drive

Americans will soon be able to use Xbox Live to register to vote in the November presidential elections.

Microsoft has signed a partnership with activist group Rock The Vote to boost interest in the upcoming election among young people.

As part of the tie-up Xbox Live members will also be able to take part in polls to gauge their voting intentions.

A forum on Xbox Live will also be used to gather opinions from gamers that will be shared with candidates.

"To realise our goal of registering two million young Americans by this fall, we need to go where young Americans are," said Heather Smith, executive director of Rock the Vote, in a statement. "There's no doubt in our minds that many are on Xbox 360 and Xbox Live."

Microsoft said that the Rock The Vote campaign to use Xbox Live would begin on 25 August.

In the past Rock The Vote has also worked with MySpace to encourage bands that promote their music via the social networking site to get fans to register to vote.

Through the partnership with Rock The Vote, Microsoft is also planning to have a presence at the Republican and Democrat party conventions to educate politicians about it and its members views.

Some aspects of Xbox Live are free but for a monthly fee members can take on other console owners in online games. In the UK the annual fee for the service is £39.99.

In May 2008 Microsoft announced that it had 12 million subscribers for Xbox Live spread across 26 countries.

They have Obama and McCain gamer pictures now too.

kcxiv 08-26-2008 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 4943634)
So who's getting Tiger Woods 09 tomorrow? Looks pretty sweet.

I learned my lesson with EA games.

007 08-26-2008 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 4946296)
They have Obama and McCain gamer pictures now too.

Surprising considering Rock the Vote is supporting Obama.

007 08-26-2008 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4946305)

spoken like a true 2k follower. :D

kcxiv 08-26-2008 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4946308)
spoken like a true 2k follower. :D

You played that piece of shit that is Madden. I gave them ****ers 60 bucks. Something i would have NEVER done, but i said, what the hell, let me give them a shot this year.

I posted that it was a decent game when i first played it, but the more you play it, the more you see whats wrong with the game. This is 2008. This is next gen gaming, give us a next gen game. They didnt.

007 08-26-2008 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4946314)
You played that piece of shit that is Madden. I gave them ****ers 60 bucks. Something i would have NEVER done, but i said, what the hell, let me give them a shot this year.

I posted that it was a decent game when i first played it, but the more you play it, the more you see whats wrong with the game. This is 2008. This is next gen gaming, give us a next gen game. They didnt.

And they never will. Why? ZERO COMPETITION thanks to the NFL's greed.

Third Eye 08-26-2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4946305)

While I do agree with you, TW is like gaming crack for me. I will end up buying it, but probably not till next week.

Lzen 08-26-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4946314)

You dummy!! You were supposed to just rent it to try out for a few days. :shake:
This is exactly why I am not buying Madden.

Kraus 08-27-2008 11:24 PM

Any body play Castle Crashers yet? I tried the trial....I think it is worthy of a purchase, especially if you have people to play it with.

Ultra Peanut 08-28-2008 05:41 AM

Castle Crashers seems to be getting amazing feedback, but I don't have any points and I'm too busy playing other stuff and doing school things.

TrickyNicky 08-28-2008 09:44 AM

It's awesome. I've been playing 2 player offline co-op. So far the online 4 player has had some problems, but they're trying to iron it out.

007 08-29-2008 03:29 AM

What are the can't miss XBLA titles 800 MS points and below.