ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265934)

Hammock Parties 08-30-2013 03:33 AM

Relative unknowns FTW though.

duncan_idaho 08-30-2013 07:40 AM

If they are using any of the Jacen Solo/Ben Skywalker storyline, Pettyfer would be a good cast for that role.

In a weird note, I have actually seen the (terrible) Perfume movie Rachel Hurd-Wood was in. Very strange film.

DaneMcCloud 08-30-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9925824)
Relative unknowns FTW though.

Alex Pettyfer is hardly an unknown.

He was the star of I Am Number Four, which was a $50 million dollar movie. He co-starred in In Time, playing the baddie and he was in Magic Mike, which earned $114 million.

Considering he plays the role of the twisted youth and "bad guy", I'm curious about the character's story arc because Gosling, who turned the role down, has played very similar roles.

DaneMcCloud 08-30-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9925961)
If they are using any of the Jacen Solo/Ben Skywalker storyline, Pettyfer would be a good cast for that role.

The story line will be completely original and have nothing to do with the EU.

What will be interesting is whether or not the Solo/Skywalker offspring will have the same names as those in the EU novels.

Hammock Parties 08-30-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9926393)

He was the star of I Am Number Four, which was a $50 million dollar movie. He co-starred in In Time, playing the baddie and he was in Magic Mike, which earned $114 million.

Most people have no clue who he is.

duncan_idaho 08-30-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9926393)

Considering he plays the role of the twisted youth and "bad guy", I'm curious about the character's story arc because Gosling, who turned the role down, has played very similar roles.

I know Jacen Solo is a hated character in the EU, but Pettyfer sounds tailor-made to play that role.

I'll admit, I'm emotionally tied to Jacen. I was young enough to read and enjoy the Young Jedi Knights stuff and loved his character from then on.

I think the rise/fall of Jacen Solo and his destruction by Jaina/Ben Skywalker could be a very impactful storyline for the new trilogy (they don't have to follow all of those details exactly, but I think that general story arc can be impactful).

Rausch 08-30-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9926429)

That's be me.

No clue...

duncan_idaho 08-30-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9926401)
The story line will be completely original and have nothing to do with the EU.

What will be interesting is whether or not the Solo/Skywalker offspring will have the same names as those in the EU novels.

That's fine with me. I have enjoyed the hell out of the EU, but don't care (and actually probably prefer it) if they change it.

I was speaking more to the character roles and the general destinies they had/have in the series.

DaneMcCloud 08-30-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9926438)
I know Jacen Solo is a hated character in the EU, but Pettyfer sounds tailor-made to play that role.

I'll admit, I'm emotionally tied to Jacen. I was young enough to read and enjoy the Young Jedi Knights stuff and loved his character from then on.

I think the rise/fall of Jacen Solo and his destruction by Jaina/Ben Skywalker could be a very impactful storyline for the new trilogy (they don't have to follow all of those details exactly, but I think that general story arc can be impactful).

Pettyfer and Gosling read for Luke Skywalker's son, not a Solo child.

DaneMcCloud 08-30-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Maybe people that don't have premium channels or go to movies, but I can guarantee you the target audience knows him.

duncan_idaho 08-30-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9926459)
Pettyfer and Gosling read for Luke Skywalker's son, not a Solo child.

Yeah, I saw that.

Just saying that with his acting background, he would be a perfect cast for a character with an EU Jacen Solo-esque story arc.

Hammock Parties 08-30-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9926461)
Maybe people that don't have premium channels or go to movies, but I can guarantee you the target audience knows him.

I have/do both.

Compared to a big name he's a nobody.

Fine with me.

DaneMcCloud 08-30-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9926789)
I have/do both.

Compared to a big name he's a nobody.

Fine with me.

He's only 23, so compared to a Taylor Lautner or a Robert Pattinson, he's lesser known.

But thankfully, LucasFilm is looking at true actors as opposed to popular actors.

lcarus 08-30-2013 04:18 PM

This might have been asked already Clay, but what do you hate more? The Chiefs acquiring Alex Smith or Disney acquiring Star Wars?

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-30-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9926461)

I know him not. Unknown, he is.