ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Imon Yourside 06-12-2012 10:40 AM

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AIBaIYje8x0?version=3&feature=player_embedded"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AIBaIYje8x0?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

or

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BW5UW_GoQ84?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lolz appearantly we're all doing it wrong..lolz lvl 1 demon hunter solos butcher..funny stuff.

suds79 06-12-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8674444)
Might as well just stop playing D3 if you are afraid to die because you aren't just going to die... you are going to get 1 shot hundreds of times.

The afraid to die thing is what makes the game interesting. That excitement.

That's why I play HC.

I was just throwing out an idea to add more excitement to softcore.

Imon Yourside 06-12-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8674489)
The afraid to die thing is what makes the game interesting. That excitement.

That's why I play HC.

I was just throwing out an idea to add more excitement to softcore.

Actually being a SC player it would be much better if when you died it upgraded a piece of equipment for you since obviously you are too weak and died.

hometeam 06-12-2012 10:51 AM

So i have enough money to buy the inferno pony staff, however, I need a cper to give me act 3 inferno so i can get the recipe. Any takers? Will be on for a while today after patch

jd1020 06-12-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8674470)
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AIBaIYje8x0?version=3&feature=player_embedded"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AIBaIYje8x0?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

When I killed him the last thing I did was keep him on my screen.

You can use the mini map to aim your attacks and when hes off screen he doesn't attack at all, the only thing he does is the bone prison. Just stay away from the shit that makes him port and its a joke. Hardest part about Diablo isn't even Diablo... it's your own ****ing clone in phase 2.

Imon Yourside 06-12-2012 11:52 AM

Vendors on one of China's largest e-commerce platforms are resorting to calling the hit PC game Diablo 3 "Big Pineapple," which sounds similar in Mandarin Chinese, as a way to dodge the site's censors. The site has banned the sale of the overseas product pending a review from government authorities.

Lolz at the Big Pineapple.

Sofa King 06-12-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8674499)
So i have enough money to buy the inferno pony staff, however, I need a cper to give me act 3 inferno so i can get the recipe. Any takers? Will be on for a while today after patch

If you don't have anyone by in the next 2.5 hours i can give it to you.

Sofa King 06-12-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8674259)
You have too much faith in a lead developer who's closest experience in the ARPG realm is 2 months on WoW.

Calling a game out as shit and then saying it will become average is too much faith???

I get it, you don't like it. You only played it all the way through Diablo inferno.... That's alot of ****ing time to waste on a game you "didn't" like.

jd1020 06-12-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8674926)
Calling a game out as shit and then saying it will become average is too much faith???

I get it, you don't like it. You only played it all the way through Diablo inferno.... That's alot of ****ing time to waste on a game you "didn't" like.

Really? 2 or 3 weeks of off and on play is "a lot of time?" LOL!

Sofa King 06-12-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8674413)
Don't know what's with all the venom. Dude you need to chill. Furthermore, you don't know how much $$ I have.

Now back on subject. The point was to make it so somebody is afraid to die. Naturally someone with more $$ has more to lose. If you have 10 mil or 30 G, I think you'd be pretty terrified to lose 1/2 every time you die. So in that sense, it'd work.

In retrospect, I suppose that could scale as well. The point is to get somebody afraid to die. So the penalty could be scaled.

0-500,000 = 50%
500,000-1 Mil = 30%
1 mil ..... etc. Just throwing #s out there. You get the idea.

I'm not hostile. I just think 50% would be ****ing ridiculous. I'd basically have to create a whole extra account just to store my gold on so i don't lose it when i die. Which is exactly what other people would do. People created a shit ton of mules just to store extra gear so they weren't forced to get rid of it, so they would create extra accounts just to store their trillion gold. basically your 50% loss would only be eliminating the usefullness of the shared storage (which replaced mules), not hurting them for dying.

Plus, players don't like losing shit. If trying a higher difficulty to see if they can beat it costs them HALF their ****ing gold, few would even bother playing the game for fear of losing their gold. Why risk it? I'm sure Blizzard wouldn't be excited to hear that people are afraid to play the harder difficulties of the game. They want you at the harder difficulties.

50% gold loss is over the top ridiculous. Nothing like keeping the poor man with no gold, poor. He dies because he can't afford good gear, and he can't afford good gear because he dies......

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8674444)
Might as well just stop playing D3 if you are afraid to die because you aren't just going to die... you are going to get 1 shot hundreds of times.

Exactly. Can you imagine losing half your gold everytime you get one shotted, lag killed, trapped, etc...

Sofa King 06-12-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8674940)
Really? 2 or 3 weeks of off and on play is "a lot of time?" LOL!

How many hours?

Now compare those hours to the time it usually takes someone to beat a $60 game.

Mr. Laz 06-12-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8674654)
When I killed him the last thing I did was keep him on my screen.

You can use the mini map to aim your attacks and when hes off screen he doesn't attack at all, the only thing he does is the bone prison. Just stay away from the shit that makes him port and its a joke. Hardest part about Diablo isn't even Diablo... it's your own ****ing clone in phase 2.

Yea ... for any range character Diablo is fairly easy.

Start running
Don't stop running until he's dead

it's the clone that you have to freeze/slow/SS immediately and then use your best attack to kill asap.

i'm not sure about melee ... although i assume with melee it's all about timing your sidesteps.

Imon Yourside 06-12-2012 02:45 PM

No comments on the lvl 1 DH soloing the butcher? thought that was good.

jd1020 06-12-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8675130)
No comments on the lvl 1 DH soloing the butcher? thought that was good.

Would be impressive if it was a true level 1 and not twinked. He's given his level 1 DH items to give him just enough HP to not get 1 shot by the attack that fans out. Every attack on every boss is telegraphed. So the only thing thats going to hit him is that 1 attack.

His bracers give +5 vitality. It's been awhile since I've played and figured out how much 1 vit gave but I think it was 34.76 HP on my DH. So he's got 174 more HP than a true level 1.

Shogun 06-12-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8675073)
Yea ... for any range character Diablo is fairly easy.

Start running
Don't stop running until he's dead

it's the clone that you have to freeze/slow/SS immediately and then use your best attack to kill asap.

i'm not sure about melee ... although i assume with melee it's all about timing your sidesteps.

the clone is the easiest part for me. i get a lot of a my life back during the clone phase.