ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs to Work Out Geno Smith in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271509)

Mother****erJones 04-02-2013 10:24 PM

Blackmon, please inform me where Albert is going to play?

Messier 04-02-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9552047)
Regardless of if he goes #1, I can guarantee Geno Smith will go in the top 3.

How?

jd1020 04-02-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9552032)
Makes sense. 3 stud OT's available, 1 QB. I can see why you'd want to move up to the #1 pick for the less important position with mulitple studs available.

Totally.

This whole Albert situation is just a ploy to get Detroit to trade up for Joeckel instead of sitting pretty and taking Fisher and then the Chiefs can take Geno at 5 /delusionalmorons

KCrockaholic 04-02-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9552122)
How?

It'll happen. I have no physical evidence to show why right now, but it will.

BossChief 04-02-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9552141)
Totally.

This whole Albert situation is just a ploy to get Detroit to trade up for Joeckel instead of sitting pretty and taking Fisher and then the Chiefs can take Geno at 5 /delusionalmorons

You have no idea how these teams view these specific players.

When Dallas traded up to 6, everyone thought it was for Barron...and Claiborne was the pick.

Detroit could have a much higher grade on one of them than the others and think it's worth losing a second rounder to ensure they lock in Staffords blindside protector because Backus retired.

ChiefAshhole20 04-03-2013 12:10 AM

Is the drop off from Joeckel to Fisher steep enough to warrant the multiple high picks it will cost to acquire the first pick to take him? I don't think so, so I think the only player teams will even try to trade up for would be Geno. But with all the recent QB moves, I doubt teams think he's worth the compensation either. At the end of the day, I think Geno will be the pick because it is much easier to find a quality OT, OLB, or DL (the positional competitions for the first pick) in the later rounds than it is for a potential franchise QB.

penbrook 04-03-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9552434)
Is the drop off from Joeckel to Fisher steep enough to warrant the multiple high picks it will cost to acquire the first pick to take him? I don't think so, so I think the only player teams will even try to trade up for would be Geno. But with all the recent QB moves, I doubt teams think he's worth the compensation either. At the end of the day, I think Geno will be the pick because it is much easier to find a quality OT, OLB, or DL (the positional competitions for the first pick) in the later rounds than it is for a potential franchise QB.

Have to agree with you..

BossChief 04-03-2013 12:23 AM

I'm just happy hearing Reid say that Geno isn't out of it yet....and then having a day and a half visit that starts on a day Dorsey says he has narrowed the field to 4 players...making it seem that Geno is one of them.

If all that's true, then Branden Alberts situation is imperative because him not wanting to move to the right side might have sabotaged the regimes plan of drafting Joeckel and moving Albert to the right side....if they can't trade him for good value, they might cross OT off the list and move Geno up.

penbrook 04-03-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9552453)
I'm just happy hearing Reid say that Geno isn't out of it yet....and then having a day and a half visit that starts on a day Dorsey says he has narrowed the field to 4 players...making it seem that Geno is one of them.

If all that's true, then Branden Alberts situation is imperative because him not wanting to move to the right side might have sabotaged the regimes plan of drafting Joeckel and moving Albert to the right side....if they can't trade him for good value, they might cross OT off the list and move Geno up.

According to Russ Lande Geno is not part of that list.

penbrook 04-03-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Albert never started negotiations with the old regime.

Pioli even said he would let Albert walk and draft Joeckel.

B14ckmon 04-03-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9552115)
Blackmon, please inform me where Albert is going to play?

Miami. Why would Miami just all of a sudden leak that they were interested in Lane Johnson at 7 right after all of this Albert stuff today? Because they are posturing to try and get the Chiefs to lower their offer. They were clearly asking for something more than just a second rounder. Miami has been going all out this offseason. They want a relatively young LT that can come in and is ready to go. Then they can spend their first rounder on a playmaker.

Frankie 04-03-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9552458)
According to Russ Lande Geno is not part of that list.

I don't think he is on that list. This whole Geno visit is a poker move.

ChiefAshhole20 04-03-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9552462)
Miami. Why would Miami just all of a sudden leak that they were interested in Lane Johnson at 7 right after all of this Albert stuff today? Because they are posturing to try and get the Chiefs to lower their offer. They were clearly asking for something more than just a second rounder. Miami has been going all out this offseason. They want a relatively young LT that can come in and is ready to go. Then they can spend their first rounder on a playmaker.

Again, why trade anything at all for Albert when there is a good chance a younger, cheaper, and more athletic Johnson will drop to him? I understand these tackles are good and all, but what are the chances 3 LTs are picked in the first 6 picks?? Plus with all the money they've spent so far, why spend even more at this point?

B14ckmon 04-03-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9552476)
Again, why trade anything at all for Albert when there is a good chance a younger, cheaper, and more athletic Johnson will drop to him? I understand these tackles are good and all, but what are the chances 3 LTs are picked in the first 6 picks?? Plus with all the money they've spent so far, why spend even more at this point?

Ask Miami after it goes down.

penbrook 04-03-2013 02:12 AM

Nick Athan actually wrote a good piece on Geno about 3/4 down.

http://kan.scout.com/2/1279886.html