ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

bowener 04-20-2013 06:14 PM

So I'm not reading through 1500 posts, what in the **** is going on with this? Last I heard the Chiefs didn't give permission for Miami and Albert to talk. Hopefully that is true, and they spoke, then we can get some free picks as punishment for tampering.

penbrook 04-20-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9608191)
So I'm not reading through 1500 posts, what in the **** is going on with this? Last I heard the Chiefs didn't give permission for Miami and Albert to talk. Hopefully that is true, and they spoke, then we can get some free picks as punishment for tampering.

Albert is on the verge of becoming a Dolphin and meanwhile Dorsey is ****ing us in the ass by only getting there 54th pick.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-20-2013 06:16 PM

Any updates in the past 24 hours?

The Bad Guy 04-20-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9608188)
Wait, you're saying he shouldn't have a problem with switching positions when he's a top 10 LT and had a career year last year?

Have a problem with it? Sure he should.

Go to Twitter and media outlets and bitch about it?

That's on him.

I'm also saying I don't think Branden Albert is a top 10 LT.

The Bad Guy 04-20-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9608183)
Right Tackle.

Actually, their first preference was left guard. Reid loved Albert coming out at his college position.

Direckshun 04-20-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9608191)

Chiefs and Fins have agreed to compensation. It is a 2nd rounder unofficially, but we don't know which one of the Fins 2nd rounders.

Albert wants to be a Fin and is working out a contract with them.

RealSNR 04-20-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCwolf (Post 9608103)
You seem to be the one that talks football the most ....

What is your opinion of the BEST player in draft - which is Chance Wormack..

and what Lucky ASS team will draft him ?? G @ 1/1 is insane... but the kid is it

:rolleyes:

Here's a hint, bud. If you want people to talk about Chance Warmack, start a thread. Or just tell us why you like him. Placing yourself on the "I'm only here to talk football" pedestal above the supposed angry mindless mob is a good way to direct the conversation away from the topic you want and more towards the topic of how big of a flaming douchebag you are.

Hammock Parties 04-20-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9608160)
Yes, if you consider blameless telling your boss that you aren't willing to play anywhere else for the good of the team.

Albert has earned that right. He is a top 10 LT and should be payed as one and played there.

Cannibal 04-20-2013 06:19 PM

I'd say he's adequate. Not elite, but far from bad.

He must be asking for way too much.

Sorter 04-20-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9608170)
Who is, in your opinion?

As far as player who demonstrates the best blend of both technical proficiency and athletic ability right now, in college?

Tough. Barrett Jones comes to mind. Sheldon Richardson as well. Despite his height (and Wonderlick I suppose), Tavon also fits this as well. Barkevious Mingo, despite his lack of sacks was exceptionally productive in changing the pocket and getting pressure whilst also displaying a quality rip, spin, and club move. Also played at a pretty good pad level and has solid explosion off the line. Joeckel I suppose could fit this descriptor also.

Probably any combination of those mentioned. However, the question is difficult because the "best player in the draft" is vague. Is the question asking "who is the best player that's in the draft based on college performances" or is it asking "who do I think will have the most success once drafted"? The latter I can't give a real opinion that I'll stand behind until I see what team they end up on. To me, that matters quite a bit.

penbrook 04-20-2013 06:21 PM

Albert in my opinion is a 12-15 guard. Close to top 10. With a good qb he could be 5-8

Hammock Parties 04-20-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9608207)
I'd say he's adequate. Not elite, but far from bad.

He must be asking for way too much.

People said the same stupid shit about Bowe last year.

Titty Meat 04-20-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9608202)
Actually, their first preference was left guard. Reid loved Albert coming out at his college position.

Reid was going to play a LT who gave up 1 sack at guard AND pay him 9 mil?

That plus the Smith trade alone you lead you to question Reid.

The Bad Guy 04-20-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9608206)
Albert has earned that right. He is a top 10 LT and should be payed as one and played there.

Earned the right because you think he's in the top 1/3rd in his profession?

Get ****ed.

Hammock Parties 04-20-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9608209)
Albert in my opinion is a 12-15 guard.

The ****?