ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265934)

Setsuna 08-18-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9897564)
We're related in Pimp Brotherhood.

PIMP!

:Pimp: Let's go slap some hoes!!!

DaneMcCloud 08-19-2013 03:57 PM

Rumors are swirling that the film won't be in theaters until December 2015 (not the anticipated May release) and that Abrams may have trouble meeting that deadline.

The script hasn't been approved yet and there are a lot issues to tackle before shooting in January.

007 08-19-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9899647)
Rumors are swirling that the film won't be in theaters until December 2015 (not the anticipated May release) and that Abrams may have trouble meeting that deadline.

The script hasn't been approved yet and there are a lot issues to tackle before shooting in January.

it is STar Trek all over again. JFC

Frazod 08-19-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9899691)
it is STar Trek all over again. JFC

Too bad they can't get Eastwood to direct.

Deberg_1990 08-19-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9900042)
Too bad they can't get Eastwood to direct.

Hahah. He would have this in theaters by Christmas 2013 if he started shooting today.

NewChief 08-21-2013 09:00 PM

We played through quite a bit of the beta pack of Star Wars: Edge of the Empire tonight.

Overall: a lot of fun, if confusing (in a good way).

I'll basically focus on the mechanics of the system, because that's probably what sets this game apart from a lot of other games. At first, I was turned off by the unique dice system of the game. Why invent a whole new icon based system, distancing yourself from the tried and true polyhedral numerics that gaming geeks know and love?

It turns out there's a very good reason, at least for me. You see, I'm a hardcore 4e player. I read the charop forums and have a bad tendency to min/max. I want to play in an optimized party with a lot of synergy between the various members (where the party is built around a specific vulnerability such as frost, or built to prone, or for radiant cheese, etc...). I love playing tactically like that but... it can also be exhausting and override just having normal fun. It becomes a contest instead of the old school roleplaying game. By removing the numerical values from the game, they make it really dificult to figure out how to min max. I, honestly, had no clue of what my chances of success or failure on a given task were. There are also "rider" dice when you toss your dice pool. So you might succeed with negative riders, or you might fail with positive riders.

How does this look? Someone tries to pick a lock. They end up succeeding, but they have negative riders with that. So, they pick the lock.. but break their lockpicks. Or they pick the lock, but (in the event of major negative riders), there is someone waiting on the other side who hears their attempts at entry. Conversely, you might fail the lockpick with positive riders. So you fail to pick the lock, but you remember that you heard about another entrance. Or you fail to pick the lock, but you gain familiarity with the locks in this security system, giving you a better chance of success on the next lock you attempt.

Combat has similar negative/positive riders. This is really cool and gives both the DMs and players a nice mechanic to enhance the story and action to make things more interesting from a narrative perspective. After our short playthrough tonight, we decided we're going to stick with the system for a while and explore it.

Hammock Parties 08-23-2013 01:09 AM

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/20...6950101623180A

Episode VII to be shot on film.

It seems Episode VII will be the first Star Wars film since The Phantom Menace not to be shot digitally. Dan Mindel (pictured above), a frequent collaborator with director JJ Abrams (who, apparently, will be cinematographer on Episode VII), revealed during the Q&A portion of the "ASC Breakfast with Dan Mindel" event, that Episode VII will shot on 35mm film. Abrams has gone on record in the past saying that he prefers shooting on film, rather than digital. George Lucas shot the final two prequels entirely digitally and was a proponent of the use of digital technology when it came to filming. Episode VII is expected to go in front of the cameras in January 2014.

007 08-23-2013 01:29 AM

Nice to hear some good news. Enough with the CGI binging of Lucas.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9907868)
http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/20...6950101623180A

Episode VII to be shot on film.

It seems Episode VII will be the first Star Wars film since The Phantom Menace not to be shot digitally. Dan Mindel (pictured above), a frequent collaborator with director JJ Abrams (who, apparently, will be cinematographer on Episode VII), revealed during the Q&A portion of the "ASC Breakfast with Dan Mindel" event, that Episode VII will shot on 35mm film. Abrams has gone on record in the past saying that he prefers shooting on film, rather than digital. George Lucas shot the final two prequels entirely digitally and was a proponent of the use of digital technology when it came to filming. Episode VII is expected to go in front of the cameras in January 2014.

Bullshit.

It may be shot on film (although highly unlikely) but digital will be shot simultaneously.

The idea of film is romantic but there is now way they can meet the deadline without digital.

007 08-23-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9907872)
Bullshit.

It may be shot on film (although highly unlikely) but digital will be shot simultaneously.

The idea of film is romantic but there is now way they can meet the deadline without digital.

All I care about is that they don't give us another green screen CGI shitfest again.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-23-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9907888)
All I care about is that they don't give us another green screen CGI shitfest again.

This. Put those carpenters back to work, please.

Chiefspants 08-23-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9907872)
Bullshit.

Abrams is not exactly known for meeting his deadlines.

Frazod 08-23-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9908357)
Abrams is not exactly known for meeting his deadlines.

Can you imagine him and George Martin working on the same project?

007 08-23-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9908576)
Can you imagine him and George Martin working on the same project?

You mean that project that never saw the light of day?

Hammock Parties 08-25-2013 05:20 PM

Ian has denied his involvement.