ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Sorter 01-04-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9276469)
Some ****tard said Chiefs should take Jekyll and move Albert to Guard. Challenged to name 10 LT's better than Albert, he named 2 retired guys and they pwnd his true fan ass.

:clap::clap:

Canofbier 01-04-2013 09:11 AM

CHECK THAT MOTHER****ING BOX, SNR

duncan_idaho 01-04-2013 09:55 AM

Casserly has been hating the QBs in this draft class for months. I wouldn't expect him to change now.

He's a great example of the classic NFL way of thinking... a fuddy duddy who can't see players succeeding if they don't fit the classic NFL mold.

I'm sure he thinks Smith is destined to fail because he comes from a "gimmick" offense...

Molitoth 01-04-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

I'm sure he thinks Smith is destined to fail because he comes from a "gimmick" offense
Right, the same gimmick offense that RG3 came from, yet everyone in the media slobbs all over RG3's knob.

They are hypocrites and it's annoying.

RealSNR 01-04-2013 12:31 PM

Two and three have been checked off. Boom.

We don't have a new GM yet, but it's not like we're going to go into the season without one.

What an incredible day
:clap: :clap:

Imon Yourside 01-04-2013 12:32 PM

;)

htismaqe 01-04-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9279379)
Casserly has been hating the QBs in this draft class for months. I wouldn't expect him to change now.

He's a great example of the classic NFL way of thinking... a fuddy duddy who can't see players succeeding if they don't fit the classic NFL mold.

I'm sure he thinks Smith is destined to fail because he comes from a "gimmick" offense...

That's why he's flapping his gums on NFLN instead of preparing for the 2013 NFL draft...

BigBeauford 01-04-2013 12:39 PM

We are well on the way that's for sure. Now if we could just get every major media outlet to shut the **** up about Reid trying to revitalize Cassel I could get off my meds.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-04-2013 12:45 PM

SNR, what's our status today?

Pasta Little Brioni 01-04-2013 07:00 PM

Alllllll aboard!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Doctor10 01-04-2013 07:37 PM

Landry jones isn't on the field at the goal line. That can't be a franchise qb. Chocolate is a must.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-04-2013 07:38 PM

Reid loves chocolate

SAUTO 01-04-2013 07:46 PM

I just said this in another thread but it's better here...

If it's Dorsey at GM we will see how close milkman is on his evaluation of Geno.

I think he's right.

Geno it is
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 01-04-2013 07:52 PM

There are similarities in his game to Rodgers that Dorsey would pick up on (Just like of our astute posters in this thread)

RealSNR 01-04-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9280521)
SNR, what's our status today?

It's a Geno kind of day.

A very good day.

Hammock Parties 01-04-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9278907)
CHECK THAT MOTHER****ING BOX, SNR

LMAO

This has to happen now.

It's destiny, just like Pioli's axe.

SAUTO 01-04-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9282593)
There are similarities in his game to Rodgers that Dorsey would pick up on (Just like of our astute posters in this thread)

For sure. This board is the greatest.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 01-04-2013 08:21 PM

Reid is a QB Whisperer.

hometeam 01-04-2013 08:24 PM

I'm so ****ing ready.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-04-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9282806)
Reid is a QB Whisperer.

Holy **** Reid is Tribal. Tribal is Reid :eek:

Pin Head 01-04-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 8925242)
I would be thrilled with Geno, Wilson, or Barkley

Geno is the best QB in this draft, which isn't saying much but I go after Barkley instead of Geno...Geno will have little, if any, value at all.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9282858)
Geno is the best QB in this draft, which isn't saying much but I go after Barkley instead of Geno...Geno will have little, if any, value at all.

Your opinion has little, if any, value at all.

SAUTO 01-04-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

I thought you killed yourself.

Why bob? Why can't you just do it
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Brooklyn 01-04-2013 08:51 PM

I've never purchased an official, authentic, NFL jersey before. With Pioli gone and the Reid hire, all I need is Geno Smith. We grab him and I will absolutely spend the money on an authentic 2013 Geno Smith Chiefs Jersey. A s a thank you to the organization and as a treat to myself. :)

AussieChiefsFan 01-04-2013 08:53 PM

Reid + Geno :drool:

Priest31kc 01-04-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9283004)
I've never purchased an official, authentic, NFL jersey before. With Pioli gone and the Reid hire, all I need is Geno Smith. We grab him and I will absolutely spend the money on an authentic 2013 Geno Smith Chiefs Jersey. A s a thank you to the organization and as a treat to myself. :)

This.

I will buy one right after the pick is made.

Hammock Parties 01-04-2013 11:30 PM

Great showing by Landry Jones tonight. 35 completions for 278 yards. LMAO

slimdagreat 01-04-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Everybody begging KC to draft Geno Smith 2 years from now are going to be crucifying them for it when he stinks

RealSNR 01-04-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimdagreat (Post 9283903)
Everybody begging KC to draft Geno Smith 2 years from now are going to be crucifying them for it when he stinks

Your mom's vagina smells pretty ****ing horrible when I'm done hate-pounding it with my pole every night, but you don't see me crucifying her for it

Saccopoo 01-04-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9283004)

It's going to be my birthday present to myself.

****ing Geno.

Perfect fit for Reid's offense.

tooge 01-05-2013 12:21 AM

Grin is Mcnabb version 2.0. He's more accurate though. I'd be fine with that pick as long as there is a veteran ala Alex Smith to fall back on

The_Doctor10 01-05-2013 01:06 AM

Great mechanics. His release is phenomenal.

Can make all the throws with zip.

Can avoid pressure.

Goes through progressions.

Good ball security.

Tough as nails.

Accurate.

If you watch film on him for 30 minutes, this is supremely clear. He's several cuts above every other QB in the conversation. He has everything you could want in a quarterback prospect. Andy Reid will turn him into a star.

This is not the gray issue some are making it out to be.

WildTurkey 01-05-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Doctor10 (Post 9284130)

Can avoid pressure.

Good ball security.

Tough as nails.

Accurate.

If you watch film on him for 30 minutes, this is supremely clear. He's several cuts above every other QB in the conversation. He has everything you could want in a quarterback prospect. Andy Reid will turn him into a star.

If a time lord likes Geno I'd say its a safe bet he's going to be really good

Sorter 01-05-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimdagreat (Post 9283903)

Hypothetically, if Geno sucks, who gives a ****? You took your best shot at the best available qb. If you bust, try ****ing again. Jesus.

Pin Head 01-05-2013 01:31 AM

Geno will not be a bust. He's just not ready to plug in and play yet.

Pin Head 01-05-2013 01:32 AM

Pin Head 01-05-2013 01:34 AM

Geno will be good in a year or two.

Sorter 01-05-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9284155)

I disagree. If weeden can be plugged on the ****ing Browns and play then so can Geno with better results via talent +conference.

The_Doctor10 01-05-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9284172)
I disagree. If weeden can be plugged on the ****ing Browns and play then so can Geno with better results via talent +conference.

Geno can probably start right away. How good he is right away is all up to him.

Sorter 01-05-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Doctor10 (Post 9284176)
Geno can probably start right away. How good he is right away is all up to him.

On this team, definitely. It's a pretty ****ing awesome situation to be drafted in

NJChiefsFan 01-05-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9284140)
Hypothetically, if Geno sucks, who gives a ****? You took your best shot at the best available qb. If you bust, try ****ing again. Jesus.

SNR made this point last night. Its the right move. If it doesn't work you don't scream at the people that suggested it, you ****ing try it again. And people scream about it being risky. Nobody has explained to me yet how using some game manager is not a risky way to try and win a SB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9284172)

Well, using the word 'play' next to Weeden is using a loose definition of the word.

SAUTO 01-05-2013 05:21 AM

Quote:

Last night you said he wasn't worth anything. pussy
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan 01-05-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9284297)
Last night you said he wasn't worth anything. pussy
Posted via Mobile Device

Being a consistent troll is difficult when you are a dumbass.

mdchiefsfan 01-05-2013 07:22 AM

So as more time progresses I am starting to believe that Geno will not rise to the top of this draft. Not because he shouldn't but I have a feeling the fact that this is the draft after Luck and RGIII will keep his stock down. We are now past the time of year that RGIII and Cam Newton's draft stock shot up. So what do you guys think? Will the Combine and Senior Bowl yield enough results to get him up where he should be?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9275601)
It was the last thing the scouts saw and it was against an opponent that he lost three times prior to the game that supposedly he studied film like a madman to beat. I wasn't expecting Geno to destroy Syracuse , but I wanted to see a solid outing at least. Again, I don't like to make excuses for a QB, but Arkansas had absolute dogshit surrounding Wilson. ( O-line and defense)

Scouts aren't ****ing idiots. They're not going to drop the guy over a bad game in the wind and snow. They're going to look at his entire body of work.

PriestMVP31 01-05-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

A three year starter whose completion % rose every year isn't ready to plug in and play?

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Doctor10 (Post 9284131)

Can avoid pressure.

Good ball security.

Tough as nails.

Accurate.

Great football eye. Those things clearly stand out when watching him IF you know what you're looking at :clap: I wonder what the dumb****s that say otherwise are watching...or it's tough to see through the slits in their white hood.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Bob, if Russel Wilson and Tannehil can play right away so can Geno and Tyler who are superior prospects.

mdchiefsfan 01-05-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9284402)
Great football eye. Those things clearly stand out when watching him IF you know what you're looking at :clap: I wonder what the dumb****s that say otherwise are watching...or it's tough to see through the slits in their white hood.

That's the problem, their not. They're letting the talking heads convince them and watching a few highlight packages and saying, "Yep they're right!"

mdchiefsfan 01-05-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9284406)
Bob, if Russel Wilson and Tannehil can play right away so can Geno and Tyler who are superior prospects.

:thumb:

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9284409)
That's the problem, their not. They're letting the talking heads convince them and watching a few highlight packages and saying, "Yep they're right!"

I swear Teo is paying Kiper in "domers"

htismaqe 01-05-2013 09:00 AM

Ryan Tannehill was playing WIDE RECEIVER 2 years ago.

He came in and not only started, he played well at times.

There will be at least 3 QBs in this draft that start for their team day 1 and Geno will be one of them.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 09:13 AM

I would consider Geno at 2, but not at 1!!!

mdchiefsfan 01-05-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9284532)
I would consider Geno at 2, but not at 1!!!

LMAO it's too much of a reach

Chiefs Pantalones 01-05-2013 10:15 AM

I'm concerned we won't be picking a QB with the first pick.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-05-2013 10:16 AM

Chiefs Pantalones 01-05-2013 10:18 AM

Lol my phone is buggin

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 10:20 AM

Now I have to neg you twice, heh

Nah, but seriously this thread has AIDS, we need a new one.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 10:20 AM

Now I have to neg you twice, heh

Nah, but seriously this thread has AIDS and we need a new one.

ILChief 01-05-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9284678)

Sadly me too. Casserly was pimping alex smith to kc pretty hard this am

htismaqe 01-05-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9284685)
Lol my phone is buggin

It's the site. It's ****ed up this morning.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9284693)

He's a ****ing True Fan at heart. There's a reason he's not a GM anymore.

Pablo 01-05-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9284612)
LMAO it's too much of a reach

Dude, everybody knows he's only worth the 3rd overall. Number 1 and 2 is waaaaaaay too high to go after a risky guy.

I want the biggest, fattest turd LT available to protect Cassel's blind side!! Nobody will slow us down then.

Or maybe a super cool middle LB. Those are totally worth the first pick.

mdchiefsfan 01-05-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9284712)
Dude, everybody knows he's only worth the 3rd overall. Number 1 and 2 is waaaaaaay too high to go after a risky guy.

I want the biggest, fattest turd LT available to protect Cassel's blind side!! Nobody will slow us down then.

Oh, I'm with you. I enjoy being stuck in mediocrity as much as the next guy. No way you waste such a valuable pick on someone who might turn out great. Too risky.

mdchiefsfan 01-05-2013 10:38 AM

I just don't get how people endorse the reach for Poe and Jackson, but for a qb? Oh, hell no!

mdchiefsfan 01-05-2013 10:39 AM

I just don't get how people endorse the reach for Poe and Jackson, but for a qb? Oh, hell no!

Saccopoo 01-05-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Casserly has his head up his ass.

And that's not to say Smith is dog shit, but you go look at Andy Reid QB's - fairly mobile, very strong arms, etc.

Basically everything that Geno has.

I'm going to be shocked if Geno Smith isn't the pick.

Chiefshrink 01-05-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9284742)
I'm going to be shocked if Geno Smith isn't the pick.

I want Geno as well but what happens let say if Reid and Dorsey hook up and trade out of the 1st pick and don't take Geno but they take another QB or another position player?

Are you jumping off a bridge or will you bite your lip, bow your head, turn around and just walk away in frustration HOPING and TRUSTING it works out?

Pablo 01-05-2013 11:08 AM

SNR needs to start another Geno Smith Masturbatory Thread.

This one has the CAIDS, bad.

Pablo 01-05-2013 11:11 AM

New thread. Now.

This one has the CAIDS.

Saccopoo 01-05-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9284712)

The tragedy here is that the OT in this draft, Joeckel, is nowhere near the prospect of guys like Okung, Kalil or Thomas. Just resign Albert and be done with it. It's not going to take huge money and then you let these guys grow together as a unit. Keeping the offensive line intact is one of the more important things you can do in terms of protecting your QB.

Te'o is not even close to being the guy that Willis or Kuechly is, simply for the fact that he's a Mike backer or a 43 MLB in the mold of a James Laurinaitis at best. (Which isn't a bad thing as JL is a very good player, but he's not elite and I'd argue that Te'o doesn't have the same level of instincts that JL does/did at the same stage.) Plus we have a Pro Bowl level guy on the inside as well in Johnson. I almost hoping that Reid's DC is a 43 guy so we can end this Te'o bullshit before it gets any closer to draft day.

Jarvis Jones is a Jerry Hughes clone - great instincts without the elite burst. Plus he's got the injury history. (And the neck injury is a serious concern.) And god forbid that we've got two very good rush ends on the team in Houston and Hali. Waste of a pick on so many levels.

Lotulelei and Hankins are NT's. And more of a gap controller type than, say, an upfield distruptor in the mold of Suh or Dorsey or McCoy. And considering that we've spent three of the last five top Chiefs draft picks on defensive tackles, anyone who thinks we should pick Lotulelei or Hankins can go **** themselves with a pitchfork.

But yet, you've got a guy like Geno, who's been a three year starter, put up ridiculous numbers, is prototype size, superb delivery, great arm, excellent accuracy, very good pocket presence, etc., and he's not worth the pick?

The only thing that this is is a post Luck hangover and people are thinking that that guy should be in the draft every year.

And Geno isn't that far off of Luck in terms of his intangibles and skill set as a NFL prospect.

****ing idiots who just think that the only way you spend an overall #1 on a QB is if it's John Elway.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 11:13 AM

Guys, Charlie Casserly is the ultimate True Fan.

He's old school for starters.

And he drafted David Carr #1 so he's firmly in the " it's too risky" camp because it ended up costing him his job.

ChiefMojo 01-05-2013 11:14 AM

I'm a big Aaron Murray fan, but I love me some Geno Smith as well. In a perfect world I wish we could take both and let the best one win the job.

CaliforniaChief 01-05-2013 11:21 AM

The process of evaluation always elevates the QB's who were doomed by their defense, O-line, coaching, etc.

They can evaluate accuracy, quickness, intelligence, leadership, character, etc.

I'm confident that Geno Smith will emerge. But I'm equally confident that Reid/Dorsey/Heckert will identify the best guy.

RUSH 01-05-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

"Who’s been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? His percentage is like a meteorologist,”

- Bill Belichick

Red Brooklyn 01-05-2013 12:15 PM

If you're making pick a FA QB to have as a veteran presence on the team, I'd rather have Alex Smith than Michael Vick. But it's all meaningless horseshit without drafting a QB, too.

Geno Smith (or whomever they think the best guy is) MUST accompany any Free Agent QB.

Chiefnj2 01-05-2013 01:46 PM

A question for those people who think Smith is the clear cut #1 QB in the draft:

Does your opinion of him change at all if he does not participate in the Senior Bowl?

O.city 01-05-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9285188)
A question for those people who think Smith is the clear cut #1 QB in the draft:

Does your opinion of him change at all if he does not participate in the Senior Bowl?

If he's being told he's already the favorite to go number 1 and thats where he's being projected, why go to the Senior bowl?

I would like him to go though.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

No. My opinion of him doesn't change.

However, if Tyler Wilson participates and shows well, he could pass Geno on my list.

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

If Smith is advised by his agent to participate in the Senior Bowl and he plays, his agent is clearly worried about his draft status.