ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Sofa King 06-11-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8672368)
That was easy as shit. You'd have to be an idiot like Laz to struggle with her.

She stands there and spews poison. Just don't stand in the poison and she can be killed pretty easily.

Bump 06-11-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8672434)
Anyone playing HC?

I just started with another monk. I'm actually excited by this. I hope there will be PvP for it, that would be so fun with all the risk.

Shogun 06-11-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8672629)
I just started with another monk. I'm actually excited by this. I hope there will be PvP for it, that would be so fun with all the risk.

be careful. last night servers crashed an thousands of HC characters died because of blizz's shit servers

Mr. Laz 06-11-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8672437)
She stands there and spews poison. Just don't stand in the poison and she can be killed pretty easily.

actually on the 3rd time she drops down she charges and bites ... that's when i die.

Sofa King 06-11-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8672788)
actually on the 3rd time she drops down she charges and bites ... that's when i die.

Do you use that shadow spell that DH's use? Can't remember what it's called exactly but they dodge very effectively with it.

Whats your life and dps?

Bump 06-11-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 8672645)
be careful. last night servers crashed an thousands of HC characters died because of blizz's shit servers

daaammnnn

people must have been raging

Valiant 06-11-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 8672645)

That sucks.. They need to change it though.. No permanent death.. Just have the character lose one level plus what ever is on your current xp bar and all gold and gear with death.. Also maybe 30min rez timer..

But there is no reason to have permanent death with all the server issues and bugs in the game..

I think losing all gear, gold and levels would be hardcore enough..

Mr. Laz 06-11-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8673215)
That sucks.. They need to change it though.. No permanent death.. Just have the character lose one level plus what ever is on your current xp bar and all gold and gear with death.. Also maybe 30min rez timer..

But there is no reason to have permanent death with all the server issues and bugs in the game..

yea, shouldn't lose any gear or gold imo

HC penalty should be levels only

i realize the thrill seekers want a heavy penalty for the rush of it. So if they die their character goes all the way back to level one. They keep all their gear and money though. Just lose all the level grinding.

chasedude 06-11-2012 06:35 PM

I'm glad I didn't purchase this and decided to spend it on Guild Wars 2 and wait for it's release. This game sounds like it didn't do it's Beta testing due diligence.

Sofa King 06-11-2012 08:42 PM

Come on guys... they all knew what hardcore was before they started playing it. Most people play it just because they know they lose everything if they die. There's no reason to add softcore rules to hardcore.

The lag spike is bullshit, but in no way should they be able to play a character anymore or use any of the gear if they die of natural stupidity.

BryanBusby 06-11-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8673249)
I'm glad I didn't purchase this and decided to spend it on Guild Wars 2 and wait for it's release. This game sounds like it didn't do it's Beta testing due diligence.

I wish I would of stuck with my original decision to not buy D3. It's like Blizzard didn't learn anything from the release of Diablo 2 up till now.

Gravedigger 06-11-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8673215)

That's essentially what happens now, you have to start over with nothing if you die, hence hardcore. If you're talking about all your gear and just some gold, and some levels, then that puts you with no gear, and probably in a shitty spot in Hell or Inferno difficulty. If you lost all your gear you'd be as good as sunk if you also lost gold in the process, especially with the way the AH screws you out of it as well.

Saulbadguy 06-12-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8673696)
I wish I would of stuck with my original decision to not buy D3. It's like Blizzard didn't learn anything from the release of Diablo 2 up till now.

QQ

Sofa King 06-12-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8673696)

They learned everything from their shitty WOW franchise and it's killing the Diablo series.

****ers.

suds79 06-12-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8673603)
Come on guys... they all knew what hardcore was before they started playing it. Most people play it just because they know they lose everything if they die. There's no reason to add softcore rules to hardcore.

Agreed.

Leave HC the way it is.

I only play HC because I want that fear while I play of not wanting to die. But it does suck when you lose a guy. Have lost 3 chars.

If they'd tweek softcore to be more taxing when you die, I'd probably play that. Something where I'm really scared to die but don't have to invest 4+ hours to get back to where I was.

As I understand it and have seen it in videos, I've seen "You die. all items lose 10% durability). Something like that. I don't know if it scales. Haven't played SC enough. But that's weak.

They should add a "You lose 50% of all your gold" every time you die. Something like that. Just throwing out ideas.