ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

kcxiv 08-07-2008 11:22 AM

Him saying the black thing twice just sounds like he was telling you, there is no freaking difference. lol

JBucc 08-07-2008 11:46 AM

Braid is awesome. It makes me feel like a retart though.

Valiant 08-07-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4896012)
Yeah I got an updated email confirmation showing the actual price....

I canceled. :(

Why did you cancel???

Make them cancel..

I think it is illegal for them to change the charges or ship you something different then the original contract..

They can cancel your contract but not alter it once it is processing already??

Or am I wrong?? Seems to me somebody would have a case..

Kraus 08-07-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 4896736)
so anybody thinking about picking up Mercenaries 2 on Aug 31? I'm really looking forward to this game. I loved the first one on the original xbox, its gonna be sweet! Man, too many damn games and not enough time.

Call of Duty 4 - still play a lot
GTA 4 - not even half way through
NCAA 09 - still playing online dynasty
Soul Caliber 4 - probably a mistake buying this one, it's ok but not that great and don't have enough time to learn it since it has kind of a high learning curve

that's what I'm trying to play right now

games I'm definately going to get

Mercenaries 2
Fallout 3
Star Wars
Gears of War 2
Call of Duty 5

and there are plenty of other "maybe's"

damn, no way am I gonna get to have enough time to play all of these

I've preordered Mercs 2. I also loved the first one, it was one of my favorites on the original XBOX.

This one looks to be pretty sweet too.

I agree with you about this fall....too many games and not enough time or money. I know for sure I'll be picking up Brothers In Arms & Left 4 Dead right away.

- SW: Force Unleashed
- Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
- Fallout 3
- Fable 2
- Left 4 Dead
- Gears of War 2
- Call of Duty: World at War

Ceej 08-07-2008 01:23 PM

Do not forget RE5! Assuming it's out this fall/winter.

Kraus 08-07-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 4898195)
Do not forget RE5! Assuming it's out this fall/winter.

It was announced at E3 it isn't coming until 2009.

Ultra Peanut 08-08-2008 05:55 AM

I don't gots points and I'm not in a platformer kind of mood, but I'm glad Braid is apparently living up to the hype.

Also, I just got Oblivion GOTY from Gamefly (to try out Shivering Isles), and... I'm bored by the gameplay now. It's just... I'd actually rather play Two Worlds, which is like Oblivion - polish + wacky-good-fun-times. I only just opened the Gates of Madness, so I'll try to get into it, but I actually feel my anticipation for Fallout 3 lowering a tad for some reason.

Too Human's coming soon, and the more I think about the demo, the more I realize that I'm going to play the **** out of it.

007 08-08-2008 03:17 PM

Isn't Braid a little overpriced though?

QuikSsurfer 08-08-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 4900867)
I just got Oblivion GOTY from Gamefly (to try out Shivering Isles), and... I'm bored by the gameplay now. It's just... I'd actually rather play Two Worlds

I have put over 250 hours into Oblivion. The Shivering Isles expansion was ridiculously entertaining and a fresh set of material (enemies, weapons, armor, ingredients, characters/dialog, terrain, etc)... Two Worlds would've been enjoyable if it hadn't looked and felt like shit.

I understand how Oblivion is not for everyone, but I was totally immersed and loving every hour spent playing.

kcxiv 08-08-2008 04:13 PM

Anyone know when the good games are coming out? I dont see anything in the immediate future thats good.

KCFalcon59 08-08-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4902271)
Isn't Braid a little overpriced though?

I'd have to agree with you.

Kraus 08-08-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4902457)
Anyone know when the good games are coming out? I dont see anything in the immediate future thats good.

Mercenaries 2 on the 31st.

Next month you've got Brothers In Arms and SW: Force Unleashed.

Fallout 3 and Fable 2 in October.

Call of Duty: World at War, Gears of War 2, Banjo Kazooie (I think it looks cool!), and Left 4 Dead are coming in November.

007 08-08-2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 4902667)
I'd have to agree with you.

$15 for an XBLA game is too much. $10 should be the limit.

kcxiv 08-09-2008 02:18 AM

Yeah, 15 is to much for a xboxlive game. I will pass unless i somehow get some free MS points. Plus i bought enough from them already.

kcxiv 08-09-2008 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 4903070)
Mercenaries 2 on the 31st.

Next month you've got Brothers In Arms and SW: Force Unleashed.

Fallout 3 and Fable 2 in October.

Call of Duty: World at War, Gears of War 2, Banjo Kazooie (I think it looks cool!), and Left 4 Dead are coming in November.

Hmm.. whats Mercenaries about? I know Fallout 3 and Gears 2 are must buy. I didnt even get CoD4 or whatever the most recent one is, so i probalby wont get the World at War. Left 4 dead just sounds cool am i right? lol