ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

htismaqe 01-01-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9265524)
That and dealing with trolls.

This for the mother****ing win!

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-02-2013 12:52 PM

So, are our chances still good?

alnorth 01-02-2013 01:58 PM

Geno will not play in the senior bowl. The four QB's who will play are Landry Jones, Tyler Wilson, Mike Glennon, and EJ Manuel

silver5liter 01-02-2013 02:01 PM

Sucks but hopefully he shines in proday and combine and it wont matter. Aside from Wilson and maybe Glennon, qb scouting the senior bowl is a turd this year.

O.city 01-02-2013 02:05 PM

He wont throw at the combine and his measurables, other than height, don't really matter to me.

Chiefnj2 01-02-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9268838)
Geno will not play in the senior bowl. The four QB's who will play are Landry Jones, Tyler Wilson, Mike Glennon, and EJ Manuel

Is that final?

ToxSocks 01-02-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9269119)
Is that final?

I think it's an assumption.

Chiefnj2 01-02-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9269165)
I think it's an assumption.

I was just wondering since last year each squad carried 3 Qbs, not two.

Quesadilla Joe 01-02-2013 03:21 PM

He better go to the Senior Bowl.

Chiefnj2 01-02-2013 03:29 PM

Ouch!! The latest from Bucky Brooks:

1) Geno Smith, West Virginia

Smith was one of the game's hottest quarterback prospects after a sizzling early-season run saw him put up ridiculous numbers directing the Mountaineers' high-powered attack. Smith dazzled scouts with his arm strength, accuracy and touch while displaying exceptional poise in the pocket. However, Smith faltered down the stretch against the tougher defenses of the Big 12; scouts started to have concerns about his ability to find his secondary options in the route progression when opponents take away his primary receiver with blanket coverage. He struggled to consistently identify the open receiver in games against Oklahoma, Kansas State and Texas Tech, a trend that continued in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl against Syracuse. Although Smith completed 66.7 percent of his passes with two touchdowns and zero interceptions, he was sacked three times and repeatedly looked confused when the Orange took away his No. 1 option. As a result, Syracuse blew out West Virginia, 38-14.

Plan for success: To capitalize on Smith's outstanding skills as a quick-rhythm pocket passer, an NFL offensive coordinator would be wise to incorporate several spread concepts. Bubble screens, slants and various seam throws are staples of the Mountaineers' offensive package, so using those routes as a foundation should help make Smith comfortable. In addition, the utilization of a play-action vertical passing game from the shotgun would create the big-play opportunities that Smith feasted on while directing Dana Holgorsen's offense.

Pro comparison: Jason Campbell

RealSNR 01-02-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9269318)

Smith was one of the game's hottest quarterback prospects after a sizzling early-season run saw him put up ridiculous numbers directing the Mountaineers' high-powered attack. Smith dazzled scouts with his arm strength, accuracy and touch while displaying exceptional poise in the pocket. However, Smith faltered down the stretch against the tougher defenses of the Big 12; scouts started to have concerns about his ability to find his secondary options in the route progression when opponents take away his primary receiver with blanket coverage. He struggled to consistently identify the open receiver in games against Oklahoma, Kansas State and Texas Tech, a trend that continued in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl against Syracuse. Although Smith completed 66.7 percent of his passes with two touchdowns and zero interceptions, he was sacked three times and repeatedly looked confused when the Orange took away his No. 1 option. As a result, Syracuse blew out West Virginia, 38-14.

Plan for success: To capitalize on Smith's outstanding skills as a quick-rhythm pocket passer, an NFL offensive coordinator would be wise to incorporate several spread concepts. Bubble screens, slants and various seam throws are staples of the Mountaineers' offensive package, so using those routes as a foundation should help make Smith comfortable. In addition, the utilization of a play-action vertical passing game from the shotgun would create the big-play opportunities that Smith feasted on while directing Dana Holgorsen's offense.

"Failed to identify open receivers"

Wow. What kind of moron scouts are friends with Bucky Brooks?

Hammock Parties 01-02-2013 03:45 PM

He's Jason Campbell if Jason Campbell:

1. Didn't have a shitty release.

2. Didn't hold the ball forever.

Sorter 01-02-2013 04:00 PM

Kansas City Chiefs: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
The Chiefs are a disgrace. Kansas City needs to clean house in the front office. Scott Pioli has had years to address the quarterback position, but has failed to land a good starter or a capable backup. Even Jaguars GM Gene Smith landed a better backup quarterback than what Pioli signed in Brady Quinn. That has to change this offseason, and Geno Smith would be a good place to start.

Entering his bowl game, Smith has completed 71 percent of his passes this season for 4,004 yards, 40 touchdowns and six interceptions in 2012. He started the year on fire, but was shut down by Kansas State and Texas Tech. Smith played better in the month of November.

The 6-foot-3, 214-pounder has an excellent skill set. He is showing his intelligence and field vision by working through his progressions and looking off safeties. Smith has some natural accuracy with good arm strength to make all the throws. He can fire fastballs into tight windows and has phenomenal ball placement to hit receivers in stride.

Smith's plus mobility allows him to pick up first downs with his feet and bail out his offensive line. He will need to improve his footwork for the NFL. The senior needs to become more uniform with good feet to get in rhythm.

Smith had an excellent 2011 season for the Mountaineers, too. The junior completed 66 percent of his passes for 4,385 yards with 31 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He also ran for 180 yards and two scores. The West Virginia signal-caller played his heart out against LSU's talented defense with 463 yards passing.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-02-2013 05:00 PM

Ouch? It wasn't even accurate.

Failed to identify open recievers.....against Oklahoma????? Did we watch different games????

AussieChiefsFan 01-03-2013 03:39 AM

Yea the Campbell comparison isnt accurate.

Imon Yourside 01-03-2013 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9269318)

Lots of dumb in this evaluation, don't even know where to start.

AussieChiefsFan 01-03-2013 06:50 AM

Is Geno attending the East-West shrine game?

Buckweath 01-03-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9269381)
He's Jason Campbell if Jason Campbell:

1. Didn't have a shitty release.

2. Didn't hold the ball forever.

Geno Smith has a really quick release but I've thought he holds the ball for long at times. But, at the same time, it's hard to fault a QB for holding the ball too long when he completes 72% of his passes and doesn't get sacked that much if I'm not mistaken.

htismaqe 01-03-2013 11:45 AM

Petro just called Todd McShay's latest mock draft "asinine".

"One QB in the 1st round and not until #8 overall? Asinine."

Red And Yellow 01-03-2013 12:49 PM

anyone is better then who we had in cassel, quinn, stanzi. count me in

Tribal Warfare 01-03-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9272771)
Is Geno attending the East-West shrine game?

IMO, Geno really ****ed up in the Pinstripe Bowl and he'll need to outshine Tyler Wilson during Senior Bowl week to gain #1 overall status again.

htismaqe 01-03-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9275548)
IMO, Geno really ****ed up in the Pinstripe Bowl and he'll need to outshine Tyler Wilson during Senior Bowl week to gain #1 overall status again.

While there is some truth to what you say, I find it quite ridiculous that Geno would get penalized for a bowl game performance when Tyler Wilson couldn't even get his team to play in one.

Molitoth 01-03-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9275548)

I like Tyler Wilson, but: :rolleyes:
Too much weight is being put on the Pinstripe bowl vs the rest of his career at WV.

Tribal Warfare 01-03-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9275563)
While there is some truth to what you say, I find it quite ridiculous that Geno would get penalized for a bowl game performance when Tyler Wilson couldn't even get his team to play in one.

It was the last thing the scouts saw and it was against an opponent that he lost three times prior to the game that supposedly he studied film like a madman to beat. I wasn't expecting Geno to destroy Syracuse , but I wanted to see a solid outing at least. Again, I don't like to make excuses for a QB, but Arkansas had absolute dogshit surrounding Wilson. ( O-line and defense)

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 04:40 PM

Finish the Reid deal, draft Geno...Best coach and only young franchise potential QB in the division **** YEAH

htismaqe 01-03-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9275601)
It was the last thing the scouts saw and it was against an opponent that he lost three times prior to the game that supposedly he studied film like a madman to beat. I wasn't expecting Geno to destroy Syracuse , but I wanted to see a solid outing at least. Again, I don't like to make excuses for a QB, but Arkansas had absolute dogshit surrounding Wilson. ( O-line and defense)

Smith's offensive line wasn't good either.

And his defense was A LOT worse.

Molitoth 01-03-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

It was the last thing the scouts saw
Hopefully scouts aren't stupid enough to evaluate talent on 1 snowy game.

Tribal Warfare 01-03-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9275614)
Smith's offensive line wasn't good either.

And his defense was A LOT worse.

Again I don't like playing the excuse game, because then we're discussing what could be but it didn't happen. The kid has talent but didn't deliver in a big game. So he has to perform well during Senior Bowl week to gain back momentum. Though I have to say when Geno was safetied twice he stood tall but held the ball too long in the pocket.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 04:49 PM

Yeah, he should have scored 60 against Oklahoma and threw the flag himself when the guy stuck his leg out and tripped him causing a safety.

Thig Lyfe 01-03-2013 04:53 PM

Yeah, he should have scored 60 against Oklahoma and threw the flag himself when the guy stuck his leg out and tripped him causing a safety. Damn those excuses!!!! I like cake.

RealSNR 01-03-2013 04:55 PM

Can't wait to scratch off items #2 and 3 on my checklist.

Gonna feel so good.

Tribal Warfare 01-03-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9275658)
Yeah, he should have scored 60 against Oklahoma and threw the flag himself when the guy stuck his leg out and tripped him causing a safety. Damn those excuses!!!! I like cake.

he should threw the ball on a quick read or away while he was in the endzone. nice way in being obtuse BTW.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 04:58 PM

The whispers are just farts

Thig Lyfe 01-03-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9275666)
he should threw the ball on a quick read or away while he was in the endzone. nice way in being obtuse BTW.

I was just copying PGM's double-post and adding another bit about cake. I thought we were playing a game.

RealSNR 01-03-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9275671)
I was just copying PGM's double-post and adding another bit about cake. I thought we were playing a game.

I lost the game.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 05:16 PM

Nobody has said the magic word yet

Thig Lyfe 01-03-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9275721)
I lost the game.

Darn it, I did too. I had been winning for like 5 years.

chiefzilla1501 01-03-2013 05:20 PM

If the hire is Reid, the pick has to be Geno Smith, and there's no other even close to another reasonable alternative.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 05:21 PM

The correct choice has always been Geno. Nothing's changed in that regard. Do the odds increase of it happening? Absolutely.

RealSNR 01-03-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9275741)
If the hire is Reid, the pick has to be Geno Smith, and there's no other even close to another reasonable alternative.

It will be. I've never been more confident of anything. Geno is Reid's kind of QB.

KC Hawks 01-03-2013 05:23 PM

Andy has gone black before...he can't go back.

Thig Lyfe 01-03-2013 05:25 PM

Reid + Geno =

RENO!

THE BIGGEST LITTLE SUPER BOWL WINNING HC/QB DUO IN THE WORLD

WildTurkey 01-03-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9275758)
It will be. I've never been more confident of anything. Geno is Reid's kind of QB.

This. Plus even if Geno isn't Reid's guy I feel a lot more confident having someone who knows qbs making that choice

Thig Lyfe 01-03-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Hawks (Post 9275762)
Andy has gone black before...he can't go back.

Wait, Geno Smith is black?!?!?

WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY BRING THIS UP BEFORE

KC Hawks 01-03-2013 05:29 PM

Chocolate.

NJChiefsFan 01-03-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9275773)
Reid + Geno =

RENO!

THE BIGGEST LITTLE SUPER BOWL WINNING HC/QB DUO IN THE WORLD

I've made a huge tiny mistake.

htismaqe 01-03-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9275666)

He did throw the ball away. He got called for intentional grounding.

htismaqe 01-03-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9275643)
Again I don't like playing the excuse game, because then we're discussing what could be but it didn't happen. The kid has talent but didn't deliver in a big game. So he has to perform well during Senior Bowl week to gain back momentum. Though I have to say when Geno was safetied twice he stood tall but held the ball too long in the pocket.

The excuse game has to be played. Every one of these kids have flaws. None of them are Manning, none of them are Luck.

To me Geno has the highest upside and the fewest flaws.

I like Tyler Wilson but he has a few more serious question marks than Geno does.

KC Hawks 01-03-2013 05:35 PM

Shitty offensive line, shitty defense, shitty coaching, and shitty conditions are lame excuses.

Priest31kc 01-03-2013 05:35 PM

Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe
Casserly just said on NFL net that the #chiefs won't use first pick in draft on a qb

O.city 01-03-2013 05:36 PM

Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe
Casserly just said on NFL net that the #chiefs won't use first pick in draft on a qb

KC Hawks 01-03-2013 05:37 PM

Casserly knows jack shit.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 05:38 PM

Casserly is a dumbass and this thread has AIDS

Tribal Warfare 01-03-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9275807)
The excuse game has to be played. Every one of these kids have flaws. None of them are Manning, none of them are Luck.

To me Geno has the highest upside and the fewest flaws.

I like Tyler Wilson but he has a few more serious question marks than Geno does.

No question, but lets not kid ourselves that Geno did make mistakes in that game because we all want that great QB prospect in the draft but all do have flaws. I've stated before that Wilson is an injury risk. Hey if Geno is truly the cream of the crop then he has nothing to worry about during Senior Bowl week because he'll kill it like Von Miller.

RunKC 01-03-2013 05:40 PM

Casserly is just pissed that Clark didn't give his sorry ass the time of day back when we hired Peeeehooliiiii

PRIEST 01-03-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9275817)
Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

I know wtf ?:#

htismaqe 01-03-2013 05:45 PM

At least now we know who Reid is hiring for GM.

Welcome to KC, Charlie Casserly!

htismaqe 01-03-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9275825)
No question, but lets not kid ourselves that Geno did make mistakes in that game because we all want that great QB prospect in the draft but all do have flaws. I've stated before that Wilson is an injury risk. Hey if Geno is truly the cream of the crop then he has nothing to worry about during Senior Bowl week because he'll kill it like Von Miller.

Yep.

RealSNR 01-03-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9275866)
At least now we know who Reid is hiring for GM.

Welcome to KC, Charlie Casserly!

Do NOT even joke about that kind of shit, man :#

HonestChieffan 01-03-2013 06:03 PM

Sounds like the Geno stock is falling at this point. Really does not matter as long as we end up with a winner. My fear is this Vick talk will continue.

ILChief 01-03-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9275819)
Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

I'm glad he knows what we are doing in the draft

BossChief 01-03-2013 06:10 PM

Reid said to that reporter in Philly that they need to find a qb and then followed up with "they have the first pick in the draft"

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9275947)
I'm glad he knows what we are doing in the draft

He probably doesn't even remember what flavor of oatmeal he ate in the morning.

ForeverChiefs58 01-03-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9275819)
Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

Donovan Mcnabb says Fescoe and Casserly can STFU

htismaqe 01-03-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9275935)
Sounds like the Geno stock is falling at this point. Really does not matter as long as we end up with a winner. My fear is this Vick talk will continue.

Hail Redskins runs a mock draft summary.

Every mock updated in the last 2 weeks has Geno going #1. If anything, his stock is RISING.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9275992)
Hail Redskins runs a mock draft summary.

Every mock updated in the last 2 weeks has Geno going #1. If anything, his stock is RISING.

Yup. So much for the bowl game tanking him. Looks like folks are finally seeing the things some of us saw months ago.

Molitoth 01-03-2013 06:20 PM

I really like the Reid hire, but if the chiefs ignore the QB position again, I will consider following whatever team drafts Geno.
It will be inexcusable to not draft wilson or Geno with the first pick. This Glennon shit has to stop.

RealSNR 01-03-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9276015)
I really like the Reid hire, but if the chiefs ignore the QB position again, I will consider following whatever team drafts Geno.
It will be inexcusable to not draft wilson or Geno with the first pick. This Glennon shit has to stop.

It will. That stupid bitch MIGHT get lucky and find a great QB coach in an environment where he can sort of coast along for a few years before being handed the starting gig, but that's highly doubtful. Teams who draft QBs high generally need them to play here and there AT LEAST in the first two seasons.

Glennon is more raw than Gabbert. A team like Arizona or Jacksonville who might draft him will get nothing but a wet, smelly turd stinking up the team on Sundays

htismaqe 01-03-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9276015)

We could take Ryan Nassib in the 2nd. Reid has a history with Syracuse QBs. :evil:

Molitoth 01-03-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9276045)
We could take Ryan Nassib in the 2nd. Reid has a history with Syracuse QBs. :evil:

That would not get me excited at all.

RealSNR 01-03-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9276045)

I've only recently started looking at Zac Dysert because Nightfyre is really high on that guy. What's the deal with Nassib? Admittedly I've only seen him play in the Pinstripe Bowl, so I don't want to poop on the guy before I even know what he's about. What are some of his good games he's had that I can take a look at?

I want to see if he'll be an adequate backup to Geno :D

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 06:35 PM

Looked alright in the Mizzou game I watched.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 06:36 PM

Anyone else like Dysert or is Night going full findthetrevorlaws on us

RealSNR 01-03-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9276081)
Anyone else like Dysert or is Night going full findthetrevorlaws on us

I am now a huge fan of Dysert per Nightfyre's suggestion. I really hope we can still get him with our presumed comp pick in the 3rd round, or even the 4th.

Dysert is an excellent developmental prospect. Excellent touch, and his knack for making huge plays when stuff breaks down is very sexy. Looks a bit spindly... would be interested if he had an injury history. I haven't heard anything about one so far, so I'll assume he's pretty sturdy.

htismaqe 01-03-2013 06:43 PM

Ours isn't the only forum going through this:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=53987&page=17

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 07:49 PM

Geno Smith to Terrance Copper! Look out NFL it's coming and it's coming hard...

From the thread that htis linked ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 07:52 PM

Some ****tard said Chiefs should take Jekyll and move Albert to Guard. Challenged to name 10 LT's better than Albert, he named 2 retired guys and they pwnd his true fan ass.

htismaqe 01-03-2013 07:56 PM

I will say this. Dwayne Bowe can be über-dominate in Reid's offense. I know he transitioned to smaller, faster guys later, but think back to Terrell Owens.

:drool:

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 07:57 PM

Yeah, he'll own on those crossing routes and make many a DB his bitch.

NJChiefsFan 01-03-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9276101)
Ours isn't the only forum going through this:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=53987&page=17

That's pretty comforting actually.