ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

WilliamTheIrish 09-13-2013 09:16 AM

I'll disagree with one statement that's been made in this thread multiple times:

"This thread sucks".

AFAIC, this is one the most entertaining threads this board has ever had. It's actually gotten better over the last 5 or 6 months. I love the banter back and forth.

Great entertainment.

Prison Bitch 09-13-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9969536)
Are you really suggesting that games are only meaningful if they have national appeal, regional rivalries be damned? If this is the case, Kansas might as well not play. There is not a single team that Kansas could play that would generate national interest.

Same with Mizzou. Not one person outside the state cares one iota about MU football. Not one.

patteeu 09-13-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9969655)
Same with Mizzou. Not one person outside the state cares one iota about MU football. Not one.

Saul Good seems to care and he lives in Kansas.

Bambi 09-13-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9969536)
Are you really suggesting that games are only meaningful if they have national appeal, regional rivalries be damned? If this is the case, Kansas might as well not play. There is not a single team that Kansas could play that would generate national interest.

That said, rivalry games are the heart of college football. I don't expect posters who don't think college football is a real sport to understand, though.

That's why KU plays 9 conference games. To win the conference.

If MU would have stayed in the conference it would have been great.

Prison Bitch 09-13-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9969674)

Yeah but he's more of a Big 12 fan than anything. Dude was even watching TCU-Tech last night. You need to get him a life or something.

Saul Good 09-13-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9969674)

Hyperbole aside, he's not far off. Obviously College Gameday disagreed when they came to town for our victory over the Sooners, but very few games have national appeal. Look at the week three football thread. Only two games were even worthy of being bolded. With a few exceptions, college football is about local rivalries.

The SEC has done an incredible job of elevating it's teams into the national consciousness. Hopefully Mizzou can capitalize on the opportunity the SEC provides to become one of those programs. In the meantime, Mizzou fans get games against marquee opponents several times a season. Regardless of who we play out of conference, it's a fun schedule every year. Hell...Tennessee and Auburn are much cooler games than Oklahoma State and Baylor even if they are down.

Saul Good 09-13-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9969711)
That's why KU plays 9 conference games. To win the conference.

If MU would have stayed in the conference it would have been great.

Great for who? The Big 12 is crap. Moving to the SEC is ****ing great. Playing KU in the non-con would be ideal, but it's certainly not a deal breaker.

Saul Good 09-13-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9969713)
Yeah but he's more of a Big 12 fan than anything. Dude was even watching TCU-Tech last night. You need to get him a life or something.

How could I resist the feature game from the best football conference in the country? It was a beautiful game that will overshadow Alabama at aTm.

Mosbonian 09-13-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9969655)

You do see the fallacy of your statement don't you....assuming that the only Mizzou fans in the country live in Missouri.

Prison Bitch 09-13-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9969727)
The SEC has done an incredible job of elevating it's teams into the national consciousness. Hopefully Mizzou can capitalize on the opportunity the SEC provides to become one of those programs.

Extremely unlikely, Mizzou has a bad football history and their first year sucked, and their recruiting now sucks too. All signs point to more suckage which is why Pinkel is begging KU. Being in the SEC hasn't done a damn thing for half that league anyway, the punching bags who are never on TV and never competitive.

Quote:

In the meantime, Mizzou fans get games against marquee opponents several times a season. Regardless of who we play out of conference, it's a fun schedule every year. .
There's nothing fun about this, unless you're a masochist:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/-PZkx9SVhq3I/UH...gif?imgmax=800

Bambi 09-13-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9969727)
Hyperbole aside, he's not far off. Obviously College Gameday disagreed when they came to town for our victory over the Sooners, but very few games have national appeal. Look at the week three football thread. Only two games were even worthy of being bolded. With a few exceptions, college football is about local rivalries.

The SEC has done an incredible job of elevating it's teams into the national consciousness. Hopefully Mizzou can capitalize on the opportunity the SEC provides to become one of those programs. In the meantime, Mizzou fans get games against marquee opponents several times a season. Regardless of who we play out of conference, it's a fun schedule every year. Hell...Tennessee and Auburn are much cooler games than Oklahoma State and Baylor even if they are down.

Well the SEC does need their Washington Generals.

Bambi 09-13-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9969732)
Great for who? The Big 12 is crap. Moving to the SEC is ****ing great. Playing KU in the non-con would be ideal, but it's certainly not a deal breaker.

Great as in the KU-MU game.

A KU-MU game without conf implications means nothing.

Mosbonian 09-13-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9969842)
Well the SEC does need their Washington Generals.

While the Big 12 has more than their share of them.

Bambi 09-13-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9969775)
Extremely unlikely, Mizzou has a bad football history and their first year sucked, and their recruiting now sucks too. All signs point to more suckage which is why Pinkel is begging KU. Being in the SEC hasn't done a damn thing for half that league anyway, the punching bags who are never on TV and never competitive.

There's nothing fun about this, unless you're a masochist:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/-PZkx9SVhq3I/UH...gif?imgmax=800

I find it interesting that so many MU fans find it easy to rip the Big 12 and saying how much it sucks yet at the same time the SEC itself is signing partnership deals left and right with us and the MU head coach can't stop begging to play us.

It's like Bizarro World.

WhawhaWhat 09-13-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9969856)
I find it interesting that so many MU fans find it easy to rip the Big 12 and saying how much it sucks yet at the same time the SEC itself is signing partnership deals left and right with us and the MU head coach can't stop begging to play us.

It's like Bizarro World.

The SEC needs their Washington Generals for bowl games.

WilliamTheIrish 09-13-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Hell...Tennessee and Auburn are much cooler games than Oklahoma State and Baylor even if they are down.
Sure they are. To Tennessee and Auburn fans.

That game only generates excitement in conference.

Mosbonian 09-13-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9969856)

It's like Bizarro World.

See....you, like PB, seem to like to use hyperbole/exaggeration to try and make a point.

I still watch Big 12 games....I still pull for some of the Big 12 teams. I still think KU and MU should play but I don't lose sleep or whine that it hasn't happened. It WILL happen, and no amount of denial by anyone (KU or MU) will make that probability disappear.

You assertion that Pinkel is begging KU to play MU is just your dreamworld in your head made up to make yourself feel better. Pinkel answered a question posed to him...and made an intelligent answer, that it would be beneficial to both teams financially to play. Your attempt to paint it as begging just further solidifies your lack of reality about the situation.

Saul Good 09-13-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 9969877)
Sure they are. To Tennessee and Auburn fans.

That game only generates excitement in conference.

There is a reason that a coach with three straight Big 10 titles left to coach the last place SEC team.

Prison Bitch 09-13-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9969902)
You assertion that Pinkel is begging KU to play MU is just your dreamworld in your head made up to make yourself feel better. Pinkel answered a question posed to him...and made an intelligent answer, that it would be beneficial to both teams financially to play. Your attempt to paint it as begging just further solidifies your lack of reality about the situation.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/568890a50...6o1_r1_250.gif

Prison Bitch 09-13-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9969919)
There is a reason that a coach with three straight Big 10 titles left to coach the last place SEC team.

What's the reason a coach with 2 national titles left the SEC to coach a BIG school going on probation?

Saul Good 09-13-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9969982)
What's the reason a coach with 2 national titles left the SEC to coach a BIG school going on probation?

He didn't.

WilliamTheIrish 09-13-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9969919)

I'm sure there is.

It still doesn't make UT/AUB compelling to anybody outside the area. It's a shitty matchup between two crappy teams that 90% of America wouldn't care about.

Bambi 09-13-2013 12:16 PM

Here are the tv ratings for all the Tennessee and Baylor games I could find from 2012:

0.8 (1.5M) Tennessee N.C. State 7:30 PM ESPNU
3.1 (5.1M) Florida Tennessee 6 PM ESPN
2.9 (4.8M) Tennessee Georgia 3:30 PM CBS
0.7 (1.1M) Tennessee Mississippi St. 9 PM ESPN2
2.5 (4.2M) Alabama Tennessee 7 PM ESPN
2.6 (3.9M) Tennessee South Carolina 12 PM ESPN
0.7 (1.1M) Tennessee Vanderbilt 7 PM ESPN2

1.5 (2.2M) Baylor UL-Monroe 8 PM ESPN
3.1 (4.8M) Baylor Texas 3 PM ABC
2.1 (3.3M) Kansas State Baylor 8 PM ESPN
1.0 (1.6M) Baylor Texas Tech 2:30 PM FOX

Looks pretty comparable to me.

Saul Good 09-13-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9970078)
Here are the tv ratings for all the Tennessee and Baylor games I could find from 2012:

0.8 (1.5M) Tennessee N.C. State 7:30 PM ESPNU
3.1 (5.1M) Florida Tennessee 6 PM ESPN
2.9 (4.8M) Tennessee Georgia 3:30 PM CBS
0.7 (1.1M) Tennessee Mississippi St. 9 PM ESPN2
2.5 (4.2M) Alabama Tennessee 7 PM ESPN
2.6 (3.9M) Tennessee South Carolina 12 PM ESPN
0.7 (1.1M) Tennessee Vanderbilt 7 PM ESPN2

1.5 (2.2M) Baylor UL-Monroe 8 PM ESPN
3.1 (4.8M) Baylor Texas 3 PM ABC
2.1 (3.3M) Kansas State Baylor 8 PM ESPN
1.0 (1.6M) Baylor Texas Tech 2:30 PM FOX

Looks pretty comparable to me.

The only network they both played on was ESPN. The lowest rated ESPN game for Tennessee drew 3.9 million viewers. The highest rated game for Baylor on ESPN drew 3.3 million viewers. (Never mind the fact that Tennessee got twice as many games on these networks as Baylor.)

Bambi 09-13-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9970092)
The only network they both played on was ESPN. The lowest rated ESPN game for Tennessee drew 3.9 million viewers. The highest rated game for Baylor on ESPN drew 3.3 million viewers. (Never mind the fact that Tennessee got twice as many games on these networks as Baylor.)

The site didn't list FSN and FX ratings which is what were all the other Baylor games were on. I look for those too. What interest me more is that the lowest rated Baylor game still got a better number than 3 Tennessee games.

Prison Bitch 09-13-2013 12:48 PM

The only thing that chart told me was that Tenn and Baylor both got their highest rating was when they played a big name, traditional power. And didn't draw squat when they didn't. This is exactly why MU won't get any more "exposure" playing in the SEC than they would've gotten playing the OU-Tex types in the Big 12.

And the only basketball game they got to play on CBS every year? We know who that was. And why that was. They'll have to rely on Kentucky now for that.

Bambi 09-13-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9970170)
The only thing that chart told me was that Tenn and Baylor both got their highest rating was when they played a big name, traditional power. And didn't draw squat when they didn't. This is exactly why MU won't get any more "exposure" playing in the SEC than they would've gotten playing the OU-Tex types in the Big 12.

And the only basketball game they got to play on CBS every year? We know who that was. And why that was. They'll have to rely on Kentucky now for that.

It tells me that although the SEC may have some great fun teams to watch they also have God awful programs like Miss St, Vandy, etc that are simply unwatchable. Even in the deep South.

Prison Bitch 09-13-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9970190)
It tells me that although the SEC may have some great fun teams to watch they also have God awful programs like Miss St, Vandy, etc that are simply unwatchable. Even in the deep South.

Are you suggesting tv won't be picking up Mizzou @ Kentucky this fall?

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/a...r-laughing.gif

Bambi 09-13-2013 01:30 PM

Shakeup happening at Texas.

mnchiefsguy 09-13-2013 01:42 PM

This blog over at ESPN seems to think that MU-KU is a good idea:

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...ed-love-to-see

Quote:

Kansas vs. Missouri: Let’s just file this under an annual request. One of the greatest rivalries in college basketball ought to be played this year, next year and every year. We don’t care who left what conference. We don’t care who’s angry. This is like two divorcing parents sparring over the china with the kids stuck in the middle. Here the two schools’ fan bases and fans of the game in general are the kids. So hire a good mediator, work this out and play ball.
But PB and Hypocritson say the game has no value...go figure.

kepp 09-13-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9970292)

Obviously ESPN has not talked to them. If they did, they would totally change their minds.

WhawhaWhat 09-13-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Just guessing but I think ESPN probably wants the content for their network more than they actually care about the rivalry.

mnchiefsguy 09-13-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9970320)
Just guessing but I think ESPN probably wants the content for their network more than they actually care about the rivalry.

According to PB and Wickedson, the game has no value. If that is the case, why would ESPN want the content?

ESPN is a business, of course, and they want content that is profitable for them.

Prison Bitch 09-13-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

I never said that, in fact I said the exact opposite. Do you know how to read?

WhawhaWhat 09-13-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9970330)
According to PB and Wickedson, the game has no value. If that is the case, why would ESPN want the content?

They both value different things. ESPN values the game in dollars, KU fans value the game in wins vs losses.

Saul Good 09-13-2013 02:04 PM

Dodds is leaving Texas. What a shit show...

Bambi 09-13-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Take a number and get in line.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...ce-schedules-2

Prison Bitch 09-13-2013 03:19 PM

Well Bambi, I'm sure ESPN doesn't really care about Crapsville State we play first couple weeks, and our fans don't either. Everyone would rather see Mizzou. Too bad for the KC area they left, but I can't blame them for making their own decision.

Raiderhater 09-13-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9970355)
Dodds is leaving Texas. What a shit show...

Damnit. Our double agent is retiring. This is disappointing news.

Garcia Bronco 09-13-2013 03:25 PM

The old big 12 is getting clowned by ESPN analysts this week as being weak. Interesting.

Saul Good 09-13-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9970576)
The old big 12 is getting clowned by ESPN analysts this week as being weak. Interesting.

Don't they know? Strongest conference from top to bottom?

Bambi 09-13-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9970561)
Well Bambi, I'm sure ESPN doesn't really care about Crapsville State we play first couple weeks, and our fans don't either. Everyone would rather see Mizzou. Too bad for the KC area they left, but I can't blame them for making their own decision.

The Dallas Cowboys play by play guy was on Petro's show yesterday. He's a Mizzou grad. Said MU's decision to leave the conference was the absolute wrong move and said that all the administrative people making the move won't have to live with the decision 40 years from now...but he and fans like him will.

I felt bad for him.

Prison Bitch 09-13-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9970588)
The Dallas Cowboys play by play guy was on Petro's show yesterday. He's a Mizzou grad. Said MU's decision to leave the conference was the absolute wrong move and said that all the administrative people making the move won't have to live with the decision 40 years from now...but he and fans like him will.

I felt bad for him.

All true, but like a drug addict, at some point you can't help them any longer.

Mosbonian 09-13-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9969979)

That's what i thought...no clue.

Thanks for playing.....NEXT!

TribalElder 09-13-2013 07:31 PM

I'm glad Mizzou went to the SEC instead of Kansas... Holy Shit! Can you imagine how the beakers would be a squawkin' if they jumped ship to a power house conference.

It would be overbearing. Thank God they are playing the role of the stubborn we won't play you any more instead of look at us now haha!

Mizzou like it or not is in the most stable conference in college athletics regardless of how they end up every year.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-13-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9971328)
I'm glad Mizzou went to the SEC instead of Kansas... Holy Shit! Can you imagine how the beakers would be a squawkin' if they jumped ship to a power house conference.

It would be overbearing. Thank God they are playing the role of the stubborn we won't play you any more instead of look at us now haha!

Mizzou like it or not is in the most stable conference in college athletics regardless of how they end up every year.

Nah man, they are content being Bevo's minion.

Prison Bitch 09-13-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Is that the new tee shirt on sale at the Faurot rack?

Bambi 09-13-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

I think I understand your sentiment here but I think this is a very strange way to view sports.

Saul Good 09-14-2013 09:30 PM

Call Sagarin. I need to know if the Big 12 is still the best conference.

Pitt Gorilla 09-14-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9974484)

LMAO

Prison Bitch 09-14-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9974484)

I don't get it. It's a new year. Like Kentucky winning the title then going to the nit the next year.

Saul Good 09-15-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9974745)
I don't get it. It's a new year. Like Kentucky winning the title then going to the nit the next year.

Basketball talk? Weird

Pasta Little Brioni 09-15-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9975348)
Basketball talk? Weird

The annual loss to Rice has started the season up a bit early

Titty Meat 09-15-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9975348)
Basketball talk? Weird

That thread was bumped at the begining of football season. Hilarious.

Prison Bitch 09-15-2013 03:27 PM

You know it's football season when we hear "most stable conference" smack.

GoChargers 09-15-2013 03:28 PM

You also know it's football season when Kansas loses to Rice and their fans start talking about basketball.

HolyHandgernade 09-15-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9980469)
You also know it's football season when Kansas loses to Rice and their fans start talking about basketball.

Not any more so when its basketball season and every team outside of Kentucky in the SEC is talking Spring Football.

Prison Bitch 09-15-2013 03:38 PM

It's never too early to laugh at Kentuckys NIT flop

Saul Good 09-15-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9980451)
You know it's football season when we hear "most stable conference" smack.

There was no smack there. It was a simple statement of fact. Enjoy the rest of your season. Looks like another long one.

HolyHandgernade 09-15-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9980548)
There was no smack there. It was a simple statement of fact. Enjoy the rest of your season. Looks like another long one.

Could be, it will all depend on the QB and WR development, if any. I'm actually quite pleased with the defense, you can see Campo's influence on the secondary.

If we can just get Heaps to feel comfortable back there this year, I think we could have a really good season next year. I think there's just too much "newness" with the JUCOs and rebuilt OL to make a reasonable attempt in the B12 this year, despite the conference being down.

I don't know why its such a surprise for a basketball school with one of its most exciting recruiting classes to be talking about basketball. Unlike the majority of "football" schools, we actually have a legit shot at a NC there. When the academic year is done, what is Mizzou or KSU going to have their legit shot at?

That's right, nothing.

Prison Bitch 09-18-2013 08:52 AM

Sagarin has now split out the divisions in college football to provide a greater level of detail to his rankings:

COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2013 through results of SEPTEMBER 14 SATURDAY
CONFERENCE CENTRAL MEAN SIMPLE AVERAGE TEAMS WIN50%
1 SEC-WEST (A) = 82.53 83.18 ( 1) 7 82.79 ( 1)
2 PAC-12(NORTH) (A) = 79.86 80.28 ( 2) 6 79.81 ( 3)
3 SEC-EAST (A) = 79.81 79.62 ( 3) 7 79.90 ( 2)
4 PAC-12(SOUTH) (A) = 78.87 78.12 ( 5) 6 78.45 ( 5)
5 BIG 12 (A) = 78.81 78.52 ( 4) 10 78.67 ( 4)
6 BIG TEN-LEADERS (A) = 76.14 75.91 ( 6) 6 76.01 ( 6)
7 BIG TEN-LEGENDS (A) = 75.58 75.32 ( 8) 6 75.34 ( 7)
8 ACC-COASTAL (A) = 75.15 75.32 ( 7) 7 75.30 ( 8)
9 ACC-ATLANTIC (A) = 73.29 73.94 ( 9) 7 73.57 ( 9)
10 AMERICAN ATHLETIC (A) = 68.93 69.09 ( 10) 10 69.05 ( 10)
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf...13/conference/

Saul Good 09-19-2013 06:16 PM

Ouch

http://m.si.com/3390459/state-of-the-horns/

Bambi 09-19-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9994686)

Going after Saban soon.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ent-in-january

Prison Bitch 09-19-2013 10:03 PM

Can't leave a place where you have a statue Bambi

Bambi 09-20-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9999711)
Can't leave a place where you have a statue Bambi

Why not?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...16_634x396.jpg

Saul Good 09-22-2013 07:31 AM

http://newsok.com/article/3885601?slideout=1

Pitt Gorilla 09-22-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10006539)

i think we all knew that. Is anyone actually arguing that the big 12 doesn't stink?

Saul Good 09-23-2013 12:38 PM

Interesting read here...especially on Ohio State's schedule and whether or not they should get into the NCG if they run the table.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/starti...su-edition.php

WhawhaWhat 09-23-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9989993)
Sagarin has now split out the divisions in college football to provide a greater level of detail to his rankings:

COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2013 through results of SEPTEMBER 14 SATURDAY
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf...13/conference/

College Football 2013 through games of September 21 Saturday
CONFERENCE CENTRAL MEAN SIMPLE AVERAGE TEAMS WIN50%

1 SEC-WEST (A) = 82.42 83.00 ( 1) 7 82.72 ( 1)
2 SEC-EAST (A) = 80.10 79.54 ( 3) 7 79.89 ( 3)
3 PAC-12(NORTH) (A) = 80.05 80.48 ( 2) 6 80.13 ( 2)
4 PAC-12(SOUTH) (A) = 79.14 78.41 ( 4) 6 78.77 ( 4)
5 BIG 12 (A) = 78.23 77.94 ( 5) 10 78.13 ( 5)
6 BIG TEN-LEADERS (A) = 75.92 75.58 ( 7) 6 75.78 ( 6)
7 BIG TEN-LEGENDS (A) = 75.84 75.71 ( 6) 6 75.72 ( 7)
8 ACC-COASTAL (A) = 75.27 75.29 ( 8) 7 75.29 ( 8)
9 ACC-ATLANTIC (A) = 74.43 75.16 ( 9) 7 74.76 ( 9)

Saul Good 09-23-2013 01:48 PM

Sagarin is terrible. According to him, Mizzou is basically a toss-up against Florida, aTm, and South Carolina.

kepp 09-23-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10001224)

Well, he kind of left permanently.

Prison Bitch 09-24-2013 09:33 AM

Winners and Losers: College football’s worst weekend lives up to its billing.
Graham Watson September 22, 2013 2:22 AM Dr. Saturday

Kansas: It's been more than two years since Kansas could brag about a win over an FBS team ? until Saturday. Matt Wyman's 52-yard field goal as time expired gave the Jayhawks a 13-10 win over Louisiana Tech
and snapped a 22-game losing streak to teams from the FBS. On the
flipside, however, Kansas fans belong in our "Losers" section for
rushing the field for a win against a 1-3 Louisiana Tech team.
Hey,
remember when Kansas was in the Orange Bowl in 2008?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...13--ncaaf.html

Only problem for this blogger (I won't tell you where he/she went to college at): it never happened.
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/footb...re-not-kansas/

Pasta Little Brioni 09-24-2013 09:40 AM

They rushed for LA Tech ROFL Why would they make it up?

eazyb81 09-24-2013 09:51 AM

Nice to see ku's celebration practice finally pay off.

Saul Good 09-24-2013 09:55 AM

I thought they were going to tear down the goalposts, but they just cut down the net behind it instead.

Mr. Plow 09-24-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10014913)
On the flipside, however, Kansas fans belong in our "Losers" section for rushing the field for a win against a 1-3 Louisiana Tech team.

Jesus.

Bearcat 09-24-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10014988)
I thought they were going to tear down the goalposts, but they just cut down the net behind it instead.

That's pretty good. LMAO

Prison Bitch 09-24-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10014942)
They rushed for LA Tech ROFL Why would they make it up?

Why whould he/she make it up? I alluded to the likely reason why he/she would do so. (I honsetly cann't tell from the name or the photo what gender the writer is)

The TV coverage as well as the video embedded shows what happened. The TV coverage showed the team and the coach leaving the field and no students were on the field. I suppose the blogger was simply confusing the team's celebration with students.

Mr. Plow 09-24-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10015220)
The TV coverage as well as the video embedded shows what happened. The TV coverage showed the team and the coach leaving the field and no students were on the field. I suppose the blogger was simply confusing the team's celebration with students.

I was driving so I have no idea. I would hope they didn't.

Saul Good 09-24-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10015239)
I was driving so I have no idea. I would hope they didn't.

They did rush the field. Afterwards, they gave Kentucky a standing ovation for winning the national championship in basketball two years ago. It was an odd scene.