ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2014 AL Champion Royals Off-season Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288241)

CaliforniaChief 12-10-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 11183012)
I throw up every time I remember doing those. It was a dark period in my life.

LMAO It's all good. Upton's a stud.

Strongside 12-10-2014 02:41 PM

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst 4m4 minutes ago
Still hearing from other clubs that #Royals listening on their relievers despite preference not to break up bullpen.

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst 3m3 minutes ago
Teams that have asked about KC bullpen say they'd need controllable impact RF or starting pitcher to move Davis, Holland or Herrera

Hootie 12-10-2014 02:41 PM

'preference to not break up the bullpen' is basically saying 'sure, they're all available but it'll cost you.'

CaliforniaChief 12-10-2014 02:46 PM

Controllable RF.

Interesting.

Strongside 12-10-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 11183062)
Controllable RF.

Interesting.

Someone submissive.

Sully 12-10-2014 02:49 PM

I don't know if I love the sound of that.
Isn't that type of thinking what got us teahen?

Prison Bitch 12-10-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11182949)
This is where I wish the Royals had done the exploratory surgery on Zimmer's should a year early, found the extra piece of bone, and done the debridement procedure then.

Because if that happens, and Zimmer is healthy for all of last year, he's either a known commodity/rotation piece, or he's a better trade chip. Maybe they feel comfortable moving Manaea or Duffy at that point. But oh well...

Yep. As I've said too, Kyle is effing us royally with his injury bullshit.

If we were able to put him in the 5-hole DM would've been able to concentrate solely on a big bat and Almonte-Manea would be backup trade chips.

SPchief 12-10-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11183050)
'preference to not break up the bullpen' is basically saying 'sure, they're all available but it'll cost you.'

Yup, something that will have to be far lopsided on our side is my thinking. And I'm fine with that. I still think their plan is (especially hearing GMDM on the radio the other day saying that they're telling all the pitchers to plan on playing 7 months this year) going out there and telling their pitchers, you have 5 innings. Go throw your best stuff.

alnorth 12-10-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 11183072)
Yup, something that will have to be far lopsided on our side is my thinking. And I'm fine with that. I still think their plan is (especially hearing GMDM on the radio the other day saying that they're telling all the pitchers to plan on playing 7 months this year) going out there and telling their pitchers, you have 5 innings. Go throw your best stuff.

Yeah, "controllable impact RF or starting pitcher" basically means "no way in hell we're trading HDH".

They are a key part of our team, we love them, and they are awesome relievers, but they are still relievers. Our asking price is sky-high. If someone will pay it, great, but no one will. And that might be fine.

CaliforniaChief 12-10-2014 03:05 PM

Is that our way of telling the Dodgers it's Joc Pederson or else you're looking at another year of Brian Wilson and a bunch of broke dicks in the bullpen.

Great Expectations 12-10-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 11183067)

The big difference is that we were desperate to trade then. If we don't trade now we are still in decent shape.

Strongside 12-10-2014 03:12 PM

I guess the frustration for me if we don't make a move is this:

Other teams in the division are making moves to catch up to US now. Not the other way around. That would suggest that if we make a few moves, we'll separate ourselves even further regardless of the moves that others make...or at least in theory.

We're so used to looking at this thing from the other side of the fence.

Saul Good 12-10-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 11183072)

I hope that isn't our thinking, or we're going to be left holding our dicks. You have to give value to get value. Counting on ripping off teams is not a strategy when you are in your short window to compete for a WS.

SPchief 12-10-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 11183128)
I guess the frustration for me if we don't make a move is this:

Other teams in the division are making moves to catch up to US now. Not the other way around. That would suggest that if we make a few moves, we'll separate ourselves even further regardless of the moves that others make...or at least in theory.

We're so used to looking at this thing from the other side of the fence.

There's no reason to make a move just to make a move. Now it's about making the right move for the right price. No reason to sell the farm if it isn't needed/worth it.

duncan_idaho 12-10-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 11183067)

No, not really. Because: 1) The Royals don't HAVE to trade any of those guys. They still control Holland a little longer. Davis and Herrera for 3 more years each. 2) They Royals are in contention now and not trying to build for the future. So it makes sense to target the specific areas where you can improve your team.