ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Geno Smith vs Alex Smith - It's on. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272597)

Easy 6 08-24-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9913652)
It was his team had played well tonight. He's not even close to being ready but thanks to the injury to Sanchez, he very well might start the season.

Honestly, if i were a jets fan, i'd say let it rip with geno, everyone already knows sanchize is a poser.

Why wait around for the future, go see if you can get it.

Brando 08-24-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9913671)
You seem pretty mad, bro.

I don't ****ing care if you hate Geno Smith. I didn't call dane a shit poster because he didn't like Geno Smith, but his posts at least had substance. Your posts ****ing suck. Go to CC.

I see you edited your post. Clearly you lack the reading comprehension skills to appreciate my posts.
The dumpster fire remark was a reference to one of Claytex's earlier posts about Alex.
I don't know what CC is but I'm guessing it's a dating site for you and your cousins. I'm flattered by the invite but respectfully decline.

BryanBusby 08-24-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando (Post 9913682)
I see you edited your post. Clearly you lack the reading comprehension skills to appreciate my posts.
The dumpster fire remark was a reference to one of Claytex's earlier posts about Alex.
I don't know what CC is but I'm guessing it's a dating site for you and your cousins. I'm flattered by the invite but respectfully decline.

www.chiefscoalition.com

You'll fit in well there with your sassy insults. Your lack of being able to produce a quality post will make you a respected poster.

Mav 08-24-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9913680)
Honestly, if i were a jets fan, i'd say let it rip with geno, everyone already knows sanchize is a poser.

Fans are going to want that of course.

And its going to happen.....But hes not ready, and its going to ruin him.

They cant baby him like Seattle did, or the Skins did.

He is going to spend the second halves of games trying to win the games, and probably get killed because the Jets have a suspect oline, no receivers, and Rex Ryan is a dumbass.......

Its honestly like watching Alex Smiths rookie season under Mike Nolan again.

And what do you know, both of those dumbasses came from Baltimore.

Hammock Parties 08-24-2013 11:43 PM

Geno knew where he was on the field. He was just a little overwhelmed and a step slow in getting rid of the ball.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...dard_709.0.jpg

Brando 08-24-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9913683)
www.chiefscoalition.com

You'll fit in well there with your sassy insults.

You mean my intellectual insulting posts? Just combatting the drivel that pollutes this board.
I don't have a dog in this fight except for fighting stupidity.

BryanBusby 08-24-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando (Post 9913686)
You mean my intellectual insulting posts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando (Post 9913686)
combatting

I'm just "combatting" shit posts.

Kaepernick 08-24-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9913638)
Yeah but they had him throw 30 passes tonight.

It was clearly a bit much.

A rookie can never have too many snaps in pre-season. The more coach-able tape on him, the better. And you won't destroy his confidence in pre-season either.

The curse for Geno is when Ryan throws him to the wolves in the regular season. He is going to risk killing Geno's confidence and ruining him by not developing him slowly enough. It takes a long time for some QBs to really master the craft. If you just throw him out there, he is not going to have a chance to really correct his mistakes. And you know how nasty the media is to NY players who fail.

Look at all Andrew Lucks interceptions last year, and he came out NFL ready. Imagine him sitting behind Peyton Manning for 2 years. He would be other-worldly.

Geno is screwed, but it is not 30 snaps in pre-season that is going to screw him. It is an ass for a coach who won't develop him properly, and can't even commit to the veteran temporarily to allow the rookie time to grow. Or even commit to the rookie so he knows he is not on the bubble.

Ryan is an ass.

Brando 08-24-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9913687)
I'm just "combatting" shit posts.

You wouldn't recognize a shit post if you were typing it. See that my friend is called irony. Look it up in the dictionary. Don't be scared I know it's a big book full of a lot of words.

tk13 08-24-2013 11:52 PM

The interceptions aren't that big of a deal at this point. He should learn what he can and can't do at the NFL level. That stepping out of bounds play was truly bizarre. That was a high school mistake, if that.

Then even worse was Ryan putting Sanchez in behind the 9th string line in the 4th quarter and getting him killed. Yeah that's the guy I want developing my QB!

Brando 08-24-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9913695)
The interceptions aren't that big of a deal at this point. That stepping out of bounds play was truly bizarre. That was a high school mistake, if that.

Then even worse was Ryan putting Sanchez in behind the 9th string line in the 4th quarter and getting him killed. Yeah that's the guy I want developing my QB!

My guess is Rex wanted to show Peeholi Jr that Sanchez was in better shape to be the starter by marching the 2's down the field.
I would love to have an inside look at that whole dynamic.

DaneMcCloud 08-24-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9913680)

Well, we saw it.

Three INT's and a safety.

Easy 6 08-24-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9913684)
Fans are going to want that of course.

And its going to happen.....But hes not ready, and its going to ruin him.

They cant baby him like Seattle did, or the Skins did.

He is going to spend the second halves of games trying to win the games, and probably get killed because the Jets have a suspect oline, no receivers, and Rex Ryan is a dumbass.......

Its honestly like watching Alex Smiths rookie season under Mike Nolan again.

And what do you know, both of those dumbasses came from Baltimore.

Eh, i just think this league has changed to a large degree, no one really cares if some dude does a Full Mirer and implodes from the pressure, its all about now... in essence, be able to prove you atleast belong, show real potential right away, or the team will probably move on to the next guy.

You'll only get what you got with sanchez, get the kid in there... scheme around him like your life depended on it, if nothing else it will give the team a fresh spark after being beaten down by the same ol' consistent fail they've seen for 5 year.

Brando 08-25-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9913698)
Eh, i just think this league has changed to a large degree, no one really cares if some dude does a Full Mirer and implodes from the pressure, its all about now... in essence, be able to prove you atleast belong, show real potential right away, or the team will probably move on to the next guy.

You'll only get what you got with sanchez, get the kid in there... scheme around him like your life depended on it, if nothing else it will give the team a fresh spark after being beaten down by the same ol' consistent fail they've seen for 5 year.

Rex was an idiot for reaching on Sanchez and then sticking with him. He drafted him, stuck with him and even has the tattoo to show for it.

Geno Smith isn't the answer but if the Jet's are lucky they run Geno out there every game and have a chance at Bridgewater next year.

Hammock Parties 08-25-2013 12:04 AM

Keep hope alive, Geno fans. Don't listen to the drone of the haters.

Look at these beautiful throws. Both came in the third quarter. One came on yet another TD drive led by Geno mother****ing Smith. That's right. He had two scoring drives tonight. That's what he does. He scores the ball.

http://i.imgur.com/qVhQlSX.gif

http://i.imgur.com/zz9JM1Y.gif