ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively DONE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361)

The Franchise 02-25-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9436375)
That's not a fair statement and you know it.

Look, trading for AS is not my favorite scenario, but the man has worked under many different OCs and a couple of years for a totally defensive-minded coach. Only the last two years is when he has had some stability and a quarterback-friendly HC. I think the last two years are more of an indication of his abilities than the previous several. In KC he will also operate with a QB-friendly coach and I expect him to stay mature and play well.

The man WAS the 1st pick of the draft once upon a time, for heavens sake.

FFS......

Matt Cassel had tons of OCs that he worked under........do you want to give him another shot?

Old Dog 02-25-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9436384)
FFS......

Matt Cassel had tons of OCs that he worked under........do you want to give him another shot?

Yes....preferably with something of a fairly large caliber

RealSNR 02-25-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9436392)
Yes....preferably with something of a fairly large caliber

LMAO

Frankie 02-25-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 9436098)
Besides, its all going to plan so far. We all expected Geno to kill it at the combine and he did. We all know hes a smart well spoken kid and so hes likely killed the interviews too.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I was very disappointed in his Marrucci interview. As I mentioned before he came off as talking-point-rehearsed, and he failed his chance to glow when things got spontaneous. it was a bit embarrassing how Mooch tried to pull him out of the water after he had drawn a blank on the play he was given a couple of minutes before.

I remember guys like Andy Dalton and RGIII really raised my advicacy of them with their Mariucci/Gruden interviews.

The Franchise 02-25-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9436400)
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I was very disappointed in his Marrucci interview. As I mentioned before he came off as talking-point-rehearsed, and he failed his chance to glow when things got spontaneous. it was a bit embarrassing how Mooch tried to pull him out of the water after he had drawn a blank on the play he was given a couple of minutes before.

I remember guys like Andy Dalton and RGIII really raised my advicacy of them with their Mariucci/Gruden interviews.

It was a 15 minute interview that was cut down to 4 minutes. You know that it was just a couple of minutes before?

DaKCMan AP 02-25-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9436405)
It was a 15 minute interview that was cut down to 4 minutes. You know that it was just a couple of minutes before?

I thought they time stamped it and there was about an 8-minute gap in between?

The Franchise 02-25-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9436414)
I thought they time stamped it and there was about an 8-minute gap in between?

He shows the play at 10:26 left in the interview. He draws the play at 3:50 minutes left.

KCrockaholic 02-25-2013 12:10 PM

Honestly the draw play thing reminded me of someone with a little ADD. You understand things when they're given to you at the moment. But once the topic changes it will suddenly be wiped from your memory. Still, no one should be killing the guy from a 4-5 minute video.

htismaqe 02-25-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9436418)
He shows the play at 10:26 left in the interview. He draws the play at 3:50 minutes left.

Yep.

And there were some interesting questions in between IIRC, like "what was the drug of choice on campus".

The Franchise 02-25-2013 12:12 PM

He got up to the board and remembered appx. 75-80% of the play. He missed the 3rd progression and the pulling guard. I would say not bad for seeing that play for the first time.....being questioned about different stuff and then having to come back 7 minutes later and draw the play up again. Was it perfect? No.

Frankie 02-25-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9436381)
So was Jamarcus Russell....

:facepalm:

I knew someone would com up with a canned answer like this. But the fact remains that once a QB is picked that high in a draft he is collectively thought of that highly by most of the NFL AT THE TIME. He must have shown legitimate talent to be thought of that highly.

Comparing Alex Smith's pro career to Jamarcus Russel, Tim Couch, or David Carr is asinine and a cop out. They were total failures right off the bat and never amounted to anything. AS has been one of teh League's top QBs in the last couple of years.

DaKCMan AP 02-25-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9436426)
Yep.

And there were some interesting questions in between IIRC, like "what was the drug of choice on campus".

Johnny Football will ace that question: "Campus? I only went there on Saturdays during the season."

B14ckmon 02-25-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9436434)
Johnny Football will ace that question: "Campus? I only went there on Saturdays during the season."

Johnny Football will be a second round QB. So it doesn't really matter.

Bridgewater and Clowney are going to rock your world.

DaKCMan AP 02-25-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9436430)
AS has been one of teh League's top QBs in the last couple of years.

http://images.wikia.com/icarly/images/8/8f/HUH.gif

Sorter 02-25-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9436430)
:facepalm:

I knew someone would com up with a canned answer like this. But the fact remains that once a QB is picked that high in a draft he is collectively thought of that highly by most of the NFL AT THE TIME. He must have shown legitimate talent to be thought of that highly.

Comparing Alex Smith's pro career to Jamarcus Russel, Tim Couch, or David Carr is asinine and a cop out. They were total failures right off the bat and never amounted to anything. AS has been one of teh League's top QBs in the last couple of years.

What's your definition of "Top QBs"?

Because to me, there is a significant gap between Alex Smith and

Brady, Rodgers, Manning 2X, Brees, Rapist, Ryan, Flacco, Wilson, Luck, Griffin, and Romo.