ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

DJ's left nut 12-01-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldspar (Post 9169198)
DJ's idea was about as stupid as was his decision to refer to himself as DJ's Left Nut.

To me, we are talking about cold-blooded murder regardless of circumstance...sure wasn't defending himself.

He's a guy I've rooted for for a long time. And yeah, I recognize that it's macabre as hell. But we watched this kid come into the league as a raw ball of fire and nerves that had been legally able to drink for mere months. By yesterday, he was a 3rd year starting linebacker with a new baby and his big FA break on the way. As a guy that sits in those stands every weekend, there is a feeling of 'growing' with these guys.

But if you can't understand the cognitive dissonance here and how someone would want to mitigate or undercut that, well so be it.

There's nothing that makes anything about this good. But if the guy flat freaked the !@#$ out in a manner that hundreds of years of recorded history has suggested is simply not that uncommon...well it makes it suck just a little bit less.

PS - Screen name smack is about the dumbest thing in the history of the internet, but hey, you really burned me on that one...

MagicHef 12-01-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldspar (Post 9169186)
Why would you think of Darrent Williams as a hero? He was shot in the neck in a drive-by shooting and was killed almost instantly. Where is the heroics in that? Didn't even see it coming, probably.

Now THAT was a tragedy. Darrent Williams was an innocent victim.

Not hero as in his last acts were heroic.

Hero as in someone admirable.

Bob Dole 12-01-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9169309)
Well, I'm glad we've settled what the definition of cold blooded murder is AS FAR AS YOU'RE CONCERNED. However, the rest of the world has a slightly different interpretation of it. Cold blooded murder is exactly what it sounds like. It's planned, it's prepared, it's committed in a fashion designed to evade being caught. this wasn't that.

Oh. So THAT'S why the legal system has different degrees of murder and those manslaughter things.

Always wondered about that.

Easy 6 12-01-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9169290)
Absolutely. I can't even imagine...

Its easy to wonder what the dynamic was there, did he really just 100% snap out of the clear blue over her getting home late from a concert?

That makes no sense at all, its all just sooo crazy... i hope the Chiefs are doing all they can for mom.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 08:25 PM

Jesus Christ LMAO

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1870...g/original.jpg

http://s8.postimage.org/s5s9asssl/death.jpg

mdchiefsfan 12-01-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9169326)

Not funny

whaler53 12-01-2012 08:32 PM

Hey guys,

Pats fan here...

I just wanted to pop in to give my heart felt condolences to the Chiefs fans on this site. It is an absolute tragedy that happened, I my heart breaks for all of you, but most importantly to the victim's family as well as the family of the shooter.

Again, I'm so very sorry to hear about this senseless tragedy.

Kylo Ren 12-01-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoShox (Post 9168843)
Johnny Kane ‏@johnnykane9
Two fans just put this sign up outside the Chiefs training facility. pic.twitter.com/DgD9k5LY

Ehhh I don't like this, at all. Like I've said, he was one of my favorite players.. but he shouldn't be honored for what he did.

He's a murderer. He should not be honored. His victim should be remembered.

KcMizzou 12-01-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whaler53 (Post 9169365)
Hey guys,

Pats fan here...

I just wanted to pop in to give my heart felt condolences to the Chiefs fans on this site. It is an absolute tragedy that happened, I my heart breaks for all of you, but most importantly to the victim's family as well as the family of the shooter.

Again, I'm so very sorry to hear about this senseless tragedy.

Thanks. It's been a weird, sad day.

wazu 12-01-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noss (Post 9169004)
This has me reliving when I heard the news of the death of another Chiefs line backer.
And like that day this is another sad, sad day.

To be honest, the death of the linebacker is not the sad part, here. If Belcher had turned himself into the police, does that make any of this better?

I actually think the fact that he killed himself somehow has him being seen in a sympathetic light by some. Definitely by his teammates if you read their twitter accounts.

BourbonMan 12-01-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9169229)
For the family.
Posted via Mobile Device

If they do...It better be JUST FOR THE FAMILY...NOT FOR HIM.

Mother****erJones 12-01-2012 08:42 PM

:thumb::facepalm:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9169326)

Omg! I had madden that's crazy and why does belcher have #58?:facepalm:

CaliforniaChief 12-01-2012 08:45 PM

Just a quick note to thank all the people who registered from other fan bases today to express their sympathy to the Chiefs' organization/community. Tough day.

Mother****erJones 12-01-2012 08:45 PM

25 year old linebacker with an 80 year old brain? Hard to believe

CanadaKC 12-01-2012 08:53 PM

Just wanted to give my condolences from Canada...my God..what a tragedy. I'm still in a state of shock. To all my fellow Chief fans...and to the victims... my haevy heart is with you.