ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The list of 85 by Roastmaster Saul Good. And hey, it's actually saul good. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273212)

SAUTO 06-19-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9763636)
Just as I advised.:p

Typical
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy 06-19-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9763593)
BA in psychology with a minors in business administration.

They call that "the ol' no job combo"

rico 06-19-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9763591)
Still lame to leave a party to go sit in the car to converse with us idiots.
Posted via Mobile Device

You guys are assholes. But conversing with you guys is 100 X better than conversing with the hill-rods at the wedding reception. And I've known all of them my whole life. They are all nice. I just don't like the topics of conversation and am constantly awaiting the moment it's time to leave when I'm around them. There's only so much talk about corn, beef, beans, tractors, trucks and Trace Adkins that I can tolerate in one night without becoming agitated.

The best man of the wedding was a guy I grew up with from the time we were born...our mom's were best friends and we were 2 months apart. Spent every day with this dick-wad. Anyways, I've literally got a crazy-weird memory. I can remember RANDOM shit from when I was like 1 and a half to 2 years old. No joke. And I shit you not, I remember being very, very young (under 4) and that guy saying something to me and thinking to myself in whatever toddler language I had in my head, "I don't know why, but I think this guy is a freaking toolbox." Remember it plain as day...his dad came barging outside a couple seconds after I thought that and he chewed our asses for clogging up their toilet with his hot wheels...probably why I remember it to this day. Anyways, regardless of how much of a dipshit I thought he was from day 1, you'd think I'd be excited to hang out with someone I grew up with since birth I hadn't seen in 5 years or so and always generally got along with, right? Hell no. After about 2 minutes of conversing about corn, beef, beans, tractors, excavating, Trace Adkins and farts, I was anxious to get the hell away from him.

The only fun I had that night (well, at the reception...I had fun at the bar afterwards), was talking to a 49ers fan who I graduated with about Alex Smith (even though I was the butt of a bunch of his jokes due to this). This dude's dad owns the business that does the fireworks for Chiefs games (J&M Displays)...and he is heir to the company. Not to mention he works for his dad, so he assists with the fireworks. He has VIP to each home game...which pisses me off considering he is a Niners fan, but I get over it because he asks me to go with him every time I see him. We live in a rural, rural, rural part of Iowa (we graduated in a class of 70-ish)...and I graduated with this cat....and he does the fireworks for CHIEFS games! Small freaking world. But yeah, that was the only high point of the wedding reception...talking to that dude.

There I go with the rambling again....to a dude that never seems to have anything more than a couple lines to say...who probably decided, "tl;dr" half-way through my first paragraph.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...29-Frontal.jpg

NewChief 06-19-2013 07:36 PM

corn, beef, beans, tractors, trucks and Trace Adkins

Still here?

SAUTO 06-19-2013 07:37 PM

I read the last paragraph.

It was spot on except I saw the wall and didn't even start
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 06-19-2013 07:37 PM

Anyone that doesn't respect Diddy for starting over and going after the goal he has for himself is a dipshit.

Nothing but props and respect here J, and good vibes for your continued good health.

loochy 06-19-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9763648)
You guys are assholes. But conversing with you guys is 100 X better than conversing with the hill-rods at the wedding reception. And I've known all of them my whole life. They are all nice. I just don't like the topics of conversation and am constantly awaiting the moment it's time to leave when I'm around them. There's only so much talk about corn, beef, beans, tractors, trucks and Trace Adkins that I can tolerate in one night without becoming agitated.

The best man of the wedding was a guy I grew up with from the time we were born...our mom's were best friends and we were 2 months apart. Spent every day with this dick-wad. Anyways, I've literally got a crazy-weird memory. I can remember RANDOM shit from when I was like 1 and a half to 2 years old. No joke. And I shit you not, I remember being very, very young (under 4) and that guy saying something to me and thinking to myself in whatever toddler language I had in my head, "I don't know why, but I think this guy is a freaking toolbox." Remember it plain as day...his dad came barging outside a couple seconds after I thought that and he chewed our asses for clogging up their toilet with his hot wheels...probably why I remember it to this day. Anyways, regardless of how much of a dipshit I thought he was from day 1, you'd think I'd be excited to hang out with someone I grew up with since birth I hadn't seen in 5 years or so and always generally got along with, right? Hell no. After about 2 minutes of conversing about corn, beef, beans, tractors, excavating, Trace Adkins and farts, I was anxious to get the hell away from him.

The only fun I had that night (well, at the reception...I had fun at the bar afterwards), was talking to a 49ers fan who I graduated with about Alex Smith (even though I was the butt of a bunch of his jokes due to this). This dude's dad owns the business that does the fireworks for Chiefs games (J&M Displays)...and he is heir to the company. Not to mention he works for his dad, so he assists with the fireworks. He has VIP to each home game...which pisses me off considering he is a Niners fan, but I get over it because he asks me to go with him every time I see him. We live in a rural, rural, rural part of Iowa (we graduated in a class of 70-ish)...and I graduated with this cat....and he does the fireworks for CHIEFS games! Small freaking world. But yeah, that was the only high point of the wedding reception...talking to that dude.

There I go with the rambling again....to a dude that never seems to have anything more than a couple lines to say...who probably decided, "tl;dr" half-way through my first paragraph.

tldr

britney was hot though

Pasta Little Brioni 06-19-2013 07:37 PM

nm....off the list

cosmo20002 06-19-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9763091)
Have you ever been mistakenly voted out of a four-person housing situation in a ‘pack first, no talking after’ scenario?

:thumb: To anyone 'getting' this reference.

milkman 06-19-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9763648)

This is a first fpr me, though had I responded earlier in the thread, I would have responded the same.

tl:dr

NewChief 06-19-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9763613)
Prior to going back to school I worked for dominos, eureka pizza, etc. in the role of General Manager and district manager. Good money shitty hours, got custody of my son and decided a more family conducive life would be acceptable. In short, instead of being content sitting on my ass, I went for broke.

Where did you work for Eureka? Rolfe is a pretty good friend off mine.

SAUTO 06-19-2013 07:41 PM

Only reason I caught the last paragraph was I was posting tl.Dr and it was at the top my screen lol
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 06-19-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 9763668)
You're repeating chapters, bud.

Posted via Mobile Device

rico 06-19-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9763638)
rico is list worthy

No, he's not, Miss Hargensen!

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9763593)
I am in my senior year. In the Spring I will have a BA in psychology with a minors in business administration.

I have my BA in Psychology (minor in Social Work). It was the worst mistake I've ever made in my life. I went to college at a private school and am in under my ass in student loan debt due to attaining that ****ing thing.

I am now in nursing school...on a mission to expand my options enough to where I can find a job that will actually ****ing enable me to pay my student loans off someday. Plan on becoming a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner after attaining my RN...that will be nice... but for now, I'm a nursing student who delivers freaking pizzas for Pizza Hut.

Ugh, life ****ing blows goats sometimes. Hope shit works out for you, though!

SAUTO 06-19-2013 07:43 PM

Timbone and Rico are mults
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 06-19-2013 07:45 PM

Rico Diddy Timbone and hoot are all red's mults

Well played red
Posted via Mobile Device

J Diddy 06-19-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9763666)
Where did you work for Eureka? Rolfe is a pretty good friend off mine.

I worked for him in Carthage, and then opened the Miami OK stores. We had a falling out with his guy and I got shitcanned

rico 06-19-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9763656)
tldr

britney was hot though

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9763662)
nm....off the list

Yes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9763665)
This is a first fpr me, though had I responded earlier in the thread, I would have responded the same.

tl:dr

It's, "tl;dr" ya dumbass n00b.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9763654)

Still here?

Hillrodification.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 9763668)
You're repeating chapters, bud.

You caught that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9763655)
I read the last paragraph.

It was spot on except I saw the wall and didn't even start
Posted via Mobile Device

tl;dr

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9763672)
Only reason I caught the last paragraph was I was posting tl.Dr and it was at the top my screen lol
Posted via Mobile Device

tl;dr

rico 06-19-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9763676)
Timbone and Rico are mults
Posted via Mobile Device

tl;dr

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9763680)
Rico Diddy Timbone and hoot are all red's mults

Well played red
Posted via Mobile Device

tl;dr

Actually, **** that.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leyjys6qkk1qb9mgl.gif

I'm not a mult! I'm not a mult, you asshole!

Saul Good 06-19-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9763653)
Anyone that doesn't respect Diddy for starting over and going after the goal he has for himself is a dipshit.

Nothing but props and respect here J, and good vibes for your continued good health.

In real life...sure. On here...**** that guy.

NewChief 06-19-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9763690)
I worked for him in Carthage, and then opened the Miami OK stores. We had a falling out with his guy and I got shitcanned

Ahh. Sucks. He's an interesting dude. A lot of fun to hang out with.

SAUTO 06-19-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9763707)
In real life...sure. On here...**** that guy.

Whatdiddiddydotoyou
Posted via Mobile Device

J Diddy 06-19-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9763675)
No, he's not, Miss Hargensen!

I have my BA in Psychology (minor in Social Work). It was the worst mistake I've ever made in my life. I went to college at a private school and am in under my ass in student loan debt due to attaining that ****ing thing.

I am now in nursing school...on a mission to expand my options enough to where I can find a job that will actually ****ing enable me to pay my student loans off someday. Plan on becoming a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner after attaining my RN...that will be nice... but for now, I'm a nursing student who delivers freaking pizzas for Pizza Hut.

Ugh, life ****ing blows goats sometimes. Hope shit works out for you, though!

Well I learned kinda going out the future in pscychology is grad school or pointless.

Nursing is where the fat pay is. Problem is I'm a sissy when it comes to blood.

BigRedChief 06-19-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9763653)

THIS! :thumb:

milkman 06-19-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9763691)
It's, "tl;dr" ya dumbass n00b.

n00b?

LMAO

J Diddy 06-19-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9763710)
Ahh. Sucks. He's an interesting dude. A lot of fun to hang out with.

Oh yeah. He was, I remember his parties when I was managing for him. He just hired a guy that there was a mutual hate to be my boss.

It was an awful oh **** moment.

J Diddy 06-19-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9763712)
Whatdiddiddydotoyou
Posted via Mobile Device

.com?

rico 06-19-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9763716)
Well I learned kinda going out the future in pscychology is grad school or pointless.

Nursing is where the fat pay is. Problem is I'm a sissy when it comes to blood.

Me too. Big time. I can wipe butts, clean vomit, etc. without a problem. Blood though.... EWWW!!!! GROOOOOOSSSSS!!!!! Especially needles.

I'm hoping to work in a department where I don't have to see a lot of blood.

Consistent1 06-19-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9763656)
tldr

britney was hot though

She is probably more fun now with the little bit of thickness.

SAUTO 06-19-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9763722)
.com?

Sounds like a money maker
Posted via Mobile Device

rico 06-19-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9763718)
n00b?

LMAO

I'm sorry, I had to. You wrote, "tl:dr" which is a n00b mistake. It is actually, "tl;dr" you n00balicious dumbass!!!

I know your arthritis in your hands may be killing you, but reach into your drawer, grab your clear-lensed, Terminator-style glasses, place them on your aching head, and see if you can distinguish the differences between these:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Different, aren't they? tl;dr = yes. tl:dr = STFU dumbasstical n00b

Glad I could make you laugh though...even if it were by means of you literally thinking I am so dumb that I actually think you are a n00b.

SAUTO 06-19-2013 08:10 PM

Tl?dr
Posted via Mobile Device

rico 06-19-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9763747)
Tl?dr
Posted via Mobile Device

Tubercu Losis?!?!?! Need a doctor?!?!?! Ahh SHIT, someone's gotta save Jason Sauto!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doctor(s) in here?!?!?!?!?! This is serial!!!!!!!!!

Thig Lyfe 06-19-2013 08:19 PM

Hey SR if you're reading this plz let's be BFF again OK???

cabletech94 06-19-2013 08:20 PM

okay, this thread is seriously like a floater in the toilet.

hey saul, your previous roast was fan-flipping-tastic!!! kudos!!!

now, on with the next one, por favor!!!

J Diddy 06-19-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 9763761)

Hey, where do you fish around here?

rico 06-19-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9763747)
Tl?dr
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh wait, I had it wrong. THIG LIFE??? Dr? Thig Life needs a doctor???!?! SHIT!!!

Seriously, someone get on that shit...Thig Life is freaking hilarious.

Thig Lyfe 06-19-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9763603)
BIG fan of BOTH these BROS -- FO SHO

Aside to RICO: this is NOT a MOCK!!!

milkman 06-19-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9763742)
I'm sorry, I had to. You wrote, "tl:dr" which is a n00b mistake. It is actually, "tl;dr" you n00balicious dumbass!!!

I know your arthritis in your hands may be killing you, but reach into your drawer, grab your clear-lensed, Terminator-style glasses, place them on your aching head, and see if you can distinguish the differences between these:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Different, aren't they? tl;dr = yes. tl:dr = STFU dumbasstical n00b

Glad I could make you laugh though...even if it were by means of you literally thinking I am so dumb that I actually think you are a n00b.

Actually, I knew what it was supposed to be, but I couldn't find (;), so I went with (:).

Your response forced me to look again, and I'll be damned, it's the same damn key in the lower case mode.

Yes, I am a dumbass.

I laughed because I got the n00b joke.

I thought it was well played.

rico 06-19-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9763767)
Aside to RICO: this is NOT a MOCK!!!

ROFL

I know, you silly goose. I would NEVER mistake you for a Direckshun mult. You two have different "swag" in your writing styles.

cabletech94 06-19-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9763765)
Hey, where do you fish around here?

make friends with someone who has a strip pit.

lakeside park (make sure you get a fishing license). don't eat the fish there, tho.

i actually haven't fished in about 10 years. need to teach my 6 year old the trade. let me "fish around". i'll find a place, and i'll send you an invite (no homo).

rico 06-19-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9763769)
Actually, I knew what it was supposed to be, but I couldn't find (;), so I went with (:).

Your response forced me to look again, and I'll be damned, it's the same damn key in the lower case mode.

Yes, I am a dumbass.

I laughed because I got the n00b joke.

I thought it was well played.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/a.../2240425_o.gif

Holy....shit. I don't mean to sound like the king of geeks or anything, but I literally feel like I accomplished something. #euphoria

Saul Good 06-19-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9762988)
I'm okay with this criticism. Here's the rub. I've been here a long time. I helped Kyle build this site from 50 pilgrims to what it is today. I say this not asking that you kiss my ass but that you trust that what I'm telling you is based on a lot of experience at running a site like this.

I understand the nuances of an internet community such as this. Hootie and those of his ilk are entertaining and they're typically good for sporadic traffic surges. What they're not good for is long-term community viability. Eventually something has to give and frankly, I'd rather ban 5 Hooties (and have) than risk losing two or three more veteran contributors.

Contrary to what you've been told about my tenure at WPI, I built that place into a half-dozen posts per day board to thousands of posts per day in under a year. I understand and I care. That's why I do some of the things I do on this site. I'm not perfect and I've made plenty of mistakes over the years. I used to have time to take young guys under my wing and integrate them into the community. I don't have time for that any longer so my methods are perceived as harsh or sensitive. That's fine. When Kyle thinks my methods are out of touch and not in the best interest of the long-term growth of ChiefsPlanet he'll ask me to step down and I will.

Everything anyone ever needs to know about phobia is directly above this sentence.

J Diddy 06-19-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 9763780)
make friends with someone who has a strip pit.

lakeside park (make sure you get a fishing license). don't eat the fish there, tho.

i actually haven't fished in about 10 years. need to teach my 6 year old the trade. let me "fish around". i'll find a place, and i'll send you an invite (no homo).

I found a state park by girard, gonna check it out this weekend. I'll let you know how it is

-King- 06-19-2013 08:50 PM

I seriously don't understand how Rico keeps writing books in his replies. It's hilarious LMAO

Saul Good 06-19-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

I'm on strike.

Saul Good 06-19-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9763851)
I'm on strike.

As an aside, if you ever want to know how lame the rep system is...yours is the first rep I got for crazycoffey.

I got six for a throwaway post in a Royals thread a few days ago.

rico 06-19-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 9763865)
...and yet I read every ****ing sentence.

http://replygif.net/i/822.gif

SAUTO 06-19-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9763857)
As an aside, if you ever want to know how lame the rep system is...yours is the first rep I got for crazycoffey.

Can't rep on mobile. Sorry. I know how important it is. only thing Hootie has ever taught me is the importance of rep.

You are awesome at this though.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 06-19-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Something is wrong with you dude... Are you sane?
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey 06-19-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9763857)

I tried to rep you, but on my phone the rep window disappears after every letter. So I said forget it

-King- 06-19-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

All these times I've posted tl;dr, I've meant it :)

Saul Good 06-19-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9763341)
This floating turd has less than 2k left in it.

Then it will no longer float.

200 posts in 12 hours since the last roast...

Good call.

J Diddy 06-19-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9763919)
200 posts in 12 hours since the last roast...

Good call.

Um after 2000 more posts it won't float, so yes, a good call.

Don't be angry at me Saully.

crazycoffey 06-19-2013 09:45 PM

/ ego stroking

Begin more roasts

Pablo 06-19-2013 09:48 PM

Diddy, were you really talking shit to Hootie for not having any aspirations or an education?

All we need in here now is Exoter talking about his extensive knowledge and schooling(presumably a degree in mechanical engineering); and how he's better than SAUTO at changing brakes because of it to make this thing come full circle.

crazycoffey 06-19-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 9763941)
I've been meaning to ask....that's you in the avatar, right? You got a story for that, or did I miss that novella? Two pages or less, please.

He embarrassed a friend with a tiny Tim song.

J Diddy 06-19-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9763946)
He embarrassed a friend with a tiny Tim song.

It's actually what george burns looks like today. Minus the cigar of course.

Thig Lyfe 06-19-2013 10:06 PM

Rico is Neato!!!

Bugeater 06-19-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9763038)
Respect for Moderator Team

Moderators are members of the site first and leadership secondarily. Nobody expects you to kiss their ass or accept every decision as perfect and final. However, if you dispute a decision in which you were moderated, you may wish to use some tact if you expect to gain any favor. Use some common sense and you should be fine. Attack and disrespect the leadership and we offer no apologies for the duration of your vacation from this site.

That lame-ass ****ing rule didn't even exist a year ago. It was recently added by a certain moderator who doesn't think he's getting his ass kissed enough.

Pablo 06-19-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9763973)
That lame-ass ****ing rule didn't even exist a year ago. It was recently added by a certain moderator who doesn't think he's getting his ass kissed enough.

LMAO

rico 06-19-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 9763941)
I've been meaning to ask....that's you in the avatar, right? You got a story for that, or did I miss that novella? Two pages or less, please.

Yeah that's me. Police brutality. I was beaten mercilessly by a cop that goes by the name of, "Coffey."

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/Ac...3443-24647.gif

"Like the drink."

Nahhh, nahh, I'm just kidding. That's not me. It's a picture I came across today on Google images when I searched for "Nautica tank tops for sale." I want to get with the times. Saw this pic, thought it was funny. Dude looks like Frankenstein. I was in need of an avatar update anyways.

Phobia 06-19-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Write a manifesto, Bug.

rico 06-19-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9763900)
All these times I've posted tl;dr, I've meant it :)

http://i.imgur.com/COfJN.gif

Thig Lyfe 06-19-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9764013)

a gif is worth 10,000 words

rico 06-19-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9764016)
a gif is worth 10,000 words

And when - King - makes it clear that he really, really, for shizzy hasn't read any of my posts when he responded with, "tl;dr," it is worth 1,000,000 tears. A million tears well spent, IMO.

Donger 06-19-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9763093)
This shit is just dumb. If you want to hate him, then hate him. Put him on ignore.

I don't hate Hootie. And, I've never had anyone on ignore.

Phobia 06-19-2013 10:59 PM

FWIW, I booted Clay from the thread for a rules violation. He knows what he did. If it had something to do with posting the manifesto, I would have removed all links to the manifesto. I'm probably going to bed in a bit so I'll be unavailable to discuss Clay until tomorrow.

Titty Meat 06-19-2013 11:03 PM

J Diddy polish my knob and hook it up with pizza bruh

patteeu 06-19-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

This place keeps drifting closer and closer to all the other message boards out there. It's a shame.

rico 06-19-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 9764045)
Glad to hear you weren't harmed in the making of that photo.

Yes, it is pretty fortunate that I do not have a Nautica tank top.

rico 06-19-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 9764039)
The he averages about 2.5 gifs per post.

Nawww, nawwww.... you have me mixed up with Sorter. You should probably apologize to him.

Phobia 06-19-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9764056)
This place keeps drifting closer and closer to all the other message boards out there. It's a shame.

You're just in time, patteeu. The intensity level of bitching about Phobia was dwindling.

patteeu 06-19-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9764061)
You're just in time, patteeu. The intensity level of bitching about Phobia was dwindling.

You should go to bed and get some rest. This thread will wait.

Do we really need a moderator protection rule though?

rico 06-19-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9764061)

I think it's cool as hell that you remember Mepo's fab-4. I think it's even cooler as hell that you guys beat them at the Drake relays, right? Not that I don't have school spirit, it's just those guys were track legends at Mepo when I was a youngster...I don't think any of us realized that they had ever been beaten.

If you were on a team that beat them, you must have been fast as hell.

Phobia 06-19-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9764065)
I think it's cool as hell that you remember Mepo's fab-4. I think it's even cooler as hell that you guys beat them at the Drake relays, right? Not that I don't have school spirit, it's just those guys were track legends at Mepo when I was a youngster...I don't think any of us realized that they had ever been beaten.

If you were on a team that beat them, you must have been fast as hell.

I think they beat us at Drake relays. They also beat us at Districts. We beat them at State.

How could I not remember those guys. They hung a bunch of silver medals on me when we were used to getting gold. In fact, I think they even came onto our home track and beat us. It was good to get them at State though. That's the one you want to win. We were pretty fast for white boys. Pissed off a lot of brothers when we ran against some of the Des Moines schools. The whole Knoxville track program has been very cool for several decades. The old man ran it and both his sons were amazing track athletes. The eldest went on to become a really good decathlete. Now the old man retired and both sons run the track program. They're very good still. The old man's grandson took home some hardware this year at state.

Phobia 06-19-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9764063)
You should go to bed and get some rest. This thread will wait.

Do we really need a moderator protection rule though?

I will shortly. The wife and I are finishing a show first.

I don't think we need a moderator protection rule. Other sites, even other very successful, much larger sites than this one have rules where you can't question moderators whatsoever. We don't think our moderators deserve to be abused. Do you think users should be able to abuse moderators without fear of repercussion?

-King- 06-19-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9764022)
And when - King - makes it clear that he really, really, for shizzy hasn't read any of my posts when he responded with, "tl;dr," it is worth 1,000,000 tears. A million tears well spent, IMO.

ts;rt

too short ; read twice.

DaFace 06-19-2013 11:59 PM

For the record since Hootie likes to throw out my name in discussions like these:
  • I don't think Hootie should have been permabanned originally. He deserved a vacation for a week or two, sure, but I was pretty firmly against it being permanent.
  • I think the "banned whenever a mod gets pissy because you've been banned before" rule is weird. I tend to take a more "what's best for the community right now" approach without holding past offenses against people, but that's just me. Regardless, that rule has to exist to keep people like chiefs2013 or whoever he is from sticking around when he's been banned 30 times before.
  • I think the "mod abuse" rule is also silly. I've taken plenty of bitching around here over the years, and it never bothered me.
  • I think in general, the current mod team is much more in favor of bans than me.

HOWEVER...
  • There were plenty of people who felt like the moderating around here was too loose when I was the main one who was active. There were a few issues (the Dane McCloud/R8ers blowup is a good example) where a different moderating style might have made things go quite differently.
  • We now have a team of 5 mods who are pretty active, and they are all pretty well-respected by the community. I am just one perspective that Hootie particularly likes, and there are many others who have a different perspective. We have different mods for a reason - to represent a mix of perspectives from the community. There's never been a time when one mod has gone crazy without a general consensus from the other mods.

In general, I wish Phobia and Hootie would both get over this whole thing. I agree with Phobia that Hootie likes to whine like a 10 year old every time he can, and I agree with Hootie that Phobia tends to show up in Hootie's threads largely to gripe. But whatever. Drama and bitching are part of the way this place works.

rico 06-20-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9764068)
I think they beat us at Drake relays. They also beat us at Districts. We beat them at State.

How could I not remember those guys. They hung a bunch of silver medals on me when we were used to getting gold. In fact, I think they even came onto our home track and beat us. It was good to get them at State though. That's the one you want to win. We were pretty fast for white boys. Pissed off a lot of brothers when we ran against some of the Des Moines schools. The whole Knoxville track program has been very cool for several decades. The old man ran it and both his sons were amazing track athletes. The eldest went on to become a really good decathlete. Now the old man retired and both sons run the track program. They're very good still. The old man's grandson took home some hardware this year at state.

Nice. Yeah, I know your a mod and everything on here, but the first thing I think of when I see your name is that you had to have been one fast white boy if you were on a team that beat our Mepo track legends. That Mepo team took home multiple golds for a couple years there. If you were to come to Mepo and tell someone that you were on a team that beat them, pretty much anyone would be skeptical as hell. They pretty much were considered "superhuman" when they were doing their thing and that reputation has stuck for decades now. Aaron Egbert was basically considered a demigod. There are pictures of him (and all of them for that matter) all over the concourse at Mepo.

Knoxville seems to be relatively consistent in their athletics in terms of generating relatively successful teams in multiple sports year by year. We wrassled Knoxville to get to state duals one year. They had this HUGE heavyweight that seemed indestructible and pretty much was until he got to the state finals. He wrestled this Independence kid with the last name, "Eddy" and racked up a big lead. However, he was used to pinning everyone in 30 seconds and hadn't wrestled a full match at that point, to my knowledge. He got to the point where he was up big in the 3rd and gave up a huge lead and lost because he was so tired that he wasn't able to move... Not sure if you'd remember that or not.

Anyways, Knoxville is good shit. Congrats to your.... nephew, correct? Your dad is probably proud as hell.

Not sure how many people know this about Phil, but I can, for sure, with 100% confidence vouche that this dude is fast as hell.