ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2010-2011 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230992)

KC_Connection 12-23-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7283099)
I guess, if getting one of your best players tossed out of the game is "doing fine".

The real thing to take note of in this game, the example of their discipline, is how they did after Marcus Morris left.

DJay23 12-23-2010 12:31 AM

First, we ended up outrebounding them by 1. Markieff put in some nice work on the boards down the stretch.

Second, MUCH better from the stripe. 15-18.

I'll take the win. The team is improving. That was a nice response from getting smacked in the mouth. I still think we're slightly overrated based on what I see on the floor versus what I would expect, but it could just be that everybody looks bad right now.

Ceej 12-23-2010 12:31 AM

I have one issue and it has been reoccuring all year. I wish our bigs would dish it back out at least once when being fed down low. The Twins and TRob all seem to have tunnel vision when they get ball down low. But, all in all, I like the win. So far JS has been as good as advertised.

Brock 12-23-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7283124)
The real thing to take note of in this game, the example of their discipline, is how they did after Marcus Morris left.

Yeah, it's called having players coming off the bench that would be starters at Cal.

Tactical Funky 12-23-2010 12:33 AM

The only reason Cal even got close in the second half was due to a technical fouls on KU. Hell, the second technical was BS as Robinson had a punch thrown at him and the third technical was Brady simply popping the ball out of the opposing player's hand after getting an elbow in the midsection.

Cal knew that thugging it up was their only chance to keep the game somewhat close. I will say that KU's players need to learn to simply turn the other cheek when provoked from here on out, however.

KC_Connection 12-23-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 7283121)
I didn't like seeing us throw all those elbows but at least we weren't soft tonight.

That's the way I view it. This team pussied out against USC...they let Vucevic and Stepheson beat them down low time and again. Toughness was their problem. But they didn't do that tonight. They beat a good team on the road after having their best player ejected. It's an impressive win and there's absolutely no reason to downplay it.

KC_Connection 12-23-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7283128)
Yeah, it's called having players coming off the bench that would be starters at Cal.

This isn't the NBA. Talent doesn't win games by itself, you have to have some level of discipline on both ends of the court. If they don't have that tonight in the 2nd half, they fall down and don't get up.

KC_Connection 12-23-2010 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 7283125)
Second, MUCH better from the stripe. 15-18.

Selby looks like a 85-90% shooter from the line. That's going to make a huge difference.

Quote:

I'll take the win. The team is improving. That was a nice response from getting smacked in the mouth. I still think we're slightly overrated based on what I see on the floor versus what I would expect, but it could just be that everybody looks bad right now.
Outside of Duke, I still haven't seen anybody better or with more potential than KU in the NCAA.

Al Czervik 12-23-2010 12:48 AM

Marcus should know better.....
But I loved seeing him smack that ****er back....
Kamp came in from behind and drilled Marcus first....
At some point....nuf is nuf.....

Good win for the Hawks

Buehler445 12-23-2010 01:45 AM

Boy. What a game. I want to fly to Berkley, kick Garcia's knee sideways, listen to him cry like the bitch **** he is, and fly back.

Dude. This team lost it's composure today. Marcus should have known better. Brady should have known better. And why the **** wasn't that ponytail wearing assbag thrown out? He was the only idiot throwing a punch that I saw.

Also, what's the rule on refs breaking up fights. In the brawl, that huge dude was being drug out by the ref and jerked out of it. If I were a ref, particularly a ref half his size, I would have thrown him out on the spot.

Back to basketball. Robinson played well IMO. He is making huge strides in the stupid department. Selby is a ****ing MAN. It's really hard to remember that this is his second game. I fully anticipate a let down, but hopefully he bounces back. Kid is freaking good. Seems to have the right attitude. I like it. Reed is playing REALLY well IMO. I figured he'd top out as a spot up shooter, he's become a really well rounded ball player. I'm really glad to see that.

Rock Chalk!

teedubya 12-23-2010 01:49 AM

**** I missed this game... :-( DVR didn't tape it.

ROYC75 12-23-2010 01:51 AM

Looking at this schedule, why is it that it seems we always play at MU the last game of the year ?

ROYC75 12-23-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 7283165)
**** I missed this game... :-( DVR didn't tape it.

A slugfest.

CoMoChief 12-23-2010 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7283133)
Selby looks like a 85-90% shooter from the line. That's going to make a huge difference.

Outside of Duke, I still haven't seen anybody better or with more potential than KU in the NCAA.

It's still early, a lot will be said about some teams once conf ball starts.

But I like KU's chances....I just hope they can stay healthy, and continue to get better so they're peaking in March.

Selby is just ****in sick.

chiefsfan987 12-23-2010 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 7283166)
Looking at this schedule, why is it that it seems we always play at MU the last game of the year ?

Well that game almost always seems to be on CBS so maybe it has to do with CBS wanting a rivalry game on the last weekend right before march madness starts? If it were up to me I'd like to see KU play Texas in the final game of the season every year since the title generally comes down to those two teams.