ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively DONE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361)

Mother****erJones 02-25-2013 10:30 AM

Reid was 95%....just sayn lol

MahiMike 02-25-2013 10:39 AM

Going back and forth between Jax radio and KC radio today. The radio jocks here are pissed they're not getting Alex Smith. Stuck with Gabbert. lol.

htismaqe 02-25-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9436146)
Going back and forth between Jax radio and KC radio today. The radio jocks here are pissed they're not getting Alex Smith. Stuck with Gabbert. lol.

Seriously? That's amazing.

Molitoth 02-25-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9436146)

While the idiots in Jax should be happy they aren't getting Alex Smith, and should be happy that their franchise actually had the balls to draft and develop a QB.... they were idiots for reaching on Gabbert.

DaKCMan AP 02-25-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9436157)
While the idiots in Jax should be happy they aren't getting Alex Smith, and should be happy that their franchise actually had the balls to draft and develop a QB.... they were idiots for reaching on Gabbert.

And they've done it twice in the past 10 years: Gabbert in 2011 and Leftwich in 2003.

The Franchise 02-25-2013 10:46 AM

I'm still not 100% sold on the Jag's GM coming out so quick and saying that it wasn't them in discussions.

It seems a little fishy.

O.city 02-25-2013 10:47 AM

If they wanna drop Gabbert, I'll take him in KC for a 5th rounder.

Mr. Laz 02-25-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9436114)
There's always this.

:thumb:

and i'm going to cling to it until my fingers bleed ...

ChiefsCountry 02-25-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9436171)
I'm still not 100% sold on the Jag's GM coming out so quick and saying that it wasn't them in discussions.

It seems a little fishy.

Same with Cleveland.

htismaqe 02-25-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9436177)
and i'm going to cling to it until my fingers bleed ...

Can I cling to it too? Help a brother out here.

The Franchise 02-25-2013 10:53 AM

Cleveland, Jacksonville and Buffalo are all more logical spots for Smith.....more so than KC.

Jacksonville and Cleveland could use a low cost Veteran QB to allow them time to evaluate their already drafted QB from the last couple of years. Buffalo has a rookie HC that is going to need to win early....especially in that division....and especially with how much they've spent on that defense. Plus the Bills aren't in that great of a position to get someone like Geno Smith.

And yeah....I'm sure people can flip that shit around and say that KC is the perfect spot for Alex Smith because we don't have shit.

O.city 02-25-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9433158)

Even after the whole thread played out the way it did, this is still the best post.

chiefscafan 02-25-2013 11:00 AM

Ok I've thought bout this. We are panicking over what has happened in the past. We need to give Reid and Dorsey a chance. If we do make this trade my feeling is I'm cool with this if we don't give up too much.

My other thoughts on this is I'm ok with the trade as long as we still draft someone in second or third to groom that Dorsey and Reid see has potential. I just dont want to see a cassel situation where he is the starter with no real competition.

I'm targeting EJ Manuel or Tyler Wilson.

Oh and the thought process you only win with the qb you drafted is not allways true

Our own Len Dawson wasn't, Jim plunkett, Kurt Warner, Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer,Brad Johnson, Brett favre, and the great Johnny Unitas.

Just to prove u can win with someone else's draft pick.

B14ckmon 02-25-2013 11:00 AM

If you think it's Jacksonville, you are crazy lol.

Caldwell has said they aren't going to be big spenders in FA, and Smith is a horrible fit for our new OC.

DaKCMan AP 02-25-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9436214)
I'm targeting EJ Manuel or Tyler Wilson.

Stupid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9436214)
Oh and the thought process you only win with the qb you drafted is not allways true

Our own Len Dawson wasn't, Jim plunkett, Kurt Warner, Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer,Brad Johnson, Brett favre, and the great Johnny Unitas.

Just to prove u can win with someone else's draft pick.

Cool story, brah. Tell me... how many of the last 10 Super Bowl winners started a QB that they didn't draft?