ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

kcxiv 07-24-2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigVE (Post 4864004)
My son's 360 had the red ring of death. I looked up MS on the web, entered the serial number and found out it was still covered under their warranty. They sent me a postage paid box, I sent it back to them last Thursday and I got an email today saying it was repaired or replaced and is on its way back to us already! That is awesome.

Their CS is really good. I am sure some people have had struggles with their CS. Its like that with every company though. I got mine back very very fast. They completely gutted it and its now very quiet. So happy they gave me a new dvd drive.

Bowser 07-27-2008 05:23 PM

Kane and Lynch -

Pretty fun. Lots of action, lots of cop killing, lots of really bad people you get to interact with, but it all gets repetitive after awhile. It's a good rental, or 9.99 pickup at Gamestop.

QuikSsurfer 07-30-2008 07:12 AM

Just got my Red Faction 3 beta key :)
I'll let you guys know how it is later tonight

I loved the first 2 and this one looks great from the interviews/tech vids/walkthroughs on gametrailers.com

Ultra Peanut 07-30-2008 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4872973)
Kane and Lynch -

Pretty fun. Lots of action, lots of cop killing, lots of really bad people you get to interact with, but it all gets repetitive after awhile. It's a good rental, or 9.99 pickup at Gamestop.

And it indirectly led to Giant Bomb.

JBucc 07-30-2008 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4872973)
Kane and Lynch -

I actually tried out the demo of this a couple days ago. I had been avoiding it because of all the con-troversy. But it was pretty fun. I know a lot of people complained about the inaccurate weapons and severe recoil but I thought it fit the game perfectly. Made it feel like a big action movie where there's a million shots going off and shit getting destroyed everywhere but no one hitting a damn thing. I think I might rent it.

HC_Chief 07-30-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4865670)
Their CS is really good. I am sure some people have had struggles with their CS. Its like that with every company though. I got mine back very very fast. They completely gutted it and its now very quiet. So happy they gave me a new dvd drive.

It sucked for me last Sat. The first time I called I got a guy in India who was a complete moron. He kept arguing with me and eventually hung up on me - that's piss-poor CS; I was calm and never cursed, the dude just didn't know his shit.

I called back to rip someone a new arsehole for the hangup and got the US CS. This guy knew his stuff and got me through the issue in 15 minutes. Hmm, 30 minutes, unresolved, piss-poor CS, India, versus issue resolved in 15 minutes by a polite individual who knew his stuff? Makes a lot of sense to outsource CS to foreign countries. :rolleyes:

Frazod 07-30-2008 11:19 PM

I picked up Civilization Revolution a couple of days ago. Fun game. It is a touch cartoonish, but you can play through a complete game in a few hours.

I'll need to move up out of tard mode next game; I ended up defeating the last enemy, the Greeks, with tanks over hoplites. Crunch. :evil:

Kraus 07-30-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4880786)
I picked up Civilization Revolution a couple of days ago. Fun game. It is a touch cartoonish, but you can play through a complete game in a few hours.

I'll need to move up out of tard mode next game; I ended up defeating the last enemy, the Greeks, with tanks over hoplites. Crunch. :evil:

I've been playing the demo for that...I love it but I can't justify spending the amount for the full game though. I'll pick it up when it is in the bargain bin.

Frazod 07-31-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 4880787)
I've been playing the demo for that...I love it but I can't justify spending the amount for the full game though. I'll pick it up when it is in the bargain bin.

I think I'll get lots of use out of it. And besides, I paid for it with a gift card.

I figure I'll be buying two more games this year - Fable 2 and the new Star Wars game. That'll probably be it.

QuikSsurfer 07-31-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4880865)
I think I'll get lots of use out of it. And besides, I paid for it with a gift card.

I figure I'll be buying two more games this year - Fable 2 and the new Star Wars game. That'll probably be it.

Fallout 3 , Gears of War 2, Left 4 dead??

Pablo 07-31-2008 12:42 AM

Stars War is teh secks-ay in da 1970's.

kcxiv 07-31-2008 02:06 AM

I think Star Wars is the 2nd game using the Euphoria engine in it. Its bad ass. I will be getting Fallout3, Star Wars and hmmm.. Oh yeah, Gears 2.

QuikSsurfer 07-31-2008 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4880950)
I think Star Wars is the 2nd game using the Euphoria engine in it. Its bad ass. I will be getting Fallout3, Star Wars and hmmm.. Oh yeah, Gears 2.

GTAIV was the other

HC_Chief 07-31-2008 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4881108)
GTAIV was the other

Wow, Star Wars will be superbadass. :D

Mr. Plow 07-31-2008 11:02 AM

http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/HawkInHutch.png