ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265934)

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9860286)
I know. Although I thought it was closer to 50 completed scripts than 100. Either way. Budget.

My sources have told me that there were more than 100 completed (which makes sense, in terms of later syndication). The issue has always been about budget.

Game of Thrones
costs around $3.5-$4.0 per episode or between $43-$50 million per season. I was told that the live-action Star Wars series, at this point in time, would cost twice as much, or nearly $100 million per 13 episode season.

Even with a brand like Star Wars, that's a potential nightmare for a cable network, let alone a broadcast network.

Donger 08-05-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9859088)

The spelled Fhett incorrectly.

keg in kc 08-05-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9860331)
My sources have told me that there were more than 100 completed (which makes sense, in terms of later syndication). The issue has always been about budget.

I don't think I've seen a story on it in over a year and a half, so it's certainly possible more are finished now. The last thing I could find was a statement of more than 50 third draft scripts from January 2012.

NewChief 08-08-2013 04:44 PM

Since this is the most active Star Wars thread:

My gaming group is playing the new tabletop Star Wars: Edge of the Empire in two weeks time. I'm kind of excited, and I'll report back.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aRRtP3m-Scw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 08-09-2013 12:33 PM

Mark looks awful. Yeesh.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/29Pjs7qRN-4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

duncan_idaho 08-09-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9868837)

My gaming group is playing the new tabletop Star Wars: Edge of the Empire in two weeks time. I'm kind of excited, and I'll report back.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aRRtP3m-Scw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am setting up a SW game for my group (probably won't need it for quite a while, so I have a lot of time to world build).

I looked at that system but am worried about the mechanics. The whole dice-pool thing really seems like a pain in the ass.

kaplin42 08-09-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9870931)
I am setting up a SW game for my group (probably won't need it for quite a while, so I have a lot of time to world build).

I looked at that system but am worried about the mechanics. The whole dice-pool thing really seems like a pain in the ass.

I wonder if it uses the same system that Vampire the Masquerade used to use. Is it all based on d10's?

duncan_idaho 08-09-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9870967)
I wonder if it uses the same system that Vampire the Masquerade used to use. Is it all based on d10's?

Similar, but more complicated. More dice, more variables. Much more figuring and much more math for the GM.

NewChief 08-09-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9870931)

I'll let you know how it goes. My group is pretty tactical (we play 4th edition mainly), so we don't mind complexities if they're logical.

The main thing that bothered me was that the guy who is running it said he has no clue how to make an appropriately leveled "encounter" for a given party and that the system doesn't seem to provide much assistance.

We'll see. We finished up the a homebrew 4e campaign that has been going on for over two years, so it's time for us to try out a few other things.

duncan_idaho 08-09-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9871179)
I'll let you know how it goes. My group is pretty tactical (we play 4th edition mainly), so we don't mind complexities if they're logical.

The main thing that bothered me was that the guy who is running it said he has no clue how to make an appropriately leveled "encounter" for a given party and that the system doesn't seem to provide much assistance.

We'll see. We finished up the a homebrew 4e campaign that has been going on for over two years, so it's time for us to try out a few other things.

Ah, you guys will probably like it. We're a pretty snobby story-driven group... current game is running in a home-brew ADD system.

I ran a RCR Star Wars game about 3 years ago for this group that went really well, other than the system being a pile of sh*t that overpowered Force users.

Let me know what you end up thinking of EoE.

DaneMcCloud 08-12-2013 01:27 PM

Well, this is surprising and unsurprising. Not sure how I feel about this rumor.

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=12985

Star Wars Episode VII Rumour: Ian McDiarmid Returning

Information passed to Team Jedi News via an unnamed source has informed us that Ian McDiarmid is set to return to the galaxy far, far away for a part in Episode VII.

The specifics of the role are unclear, but it seems likely that McDiarmid will be returning to his signature role of Palpatine. Whether as the original or a clone of, we are yet to discern.

Remember, until confirmed by Lucasfilm this us just a rumour. They are the ONLY people who can confirm this rumour report, or any other.
Stay tuned to Jedi News for official confirmation of this breaking story and all the latest news.

Amnorix 08-12-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9868837)

I've played a mountain of D&D, from First Edition through A&D through 3.0, 3.5 and now 4.0. I've played World of Darkness, GURPS, Mutants and Masterminds and games going all the way back to Traveller, where creating the character is often more fun than playing it, unless of course you die during character generation, Champions, and a Cyberpunk game called Shadowrun. I even played a fun and silly Western RPG that probably nobody here ever heard of called Boot Hill.

And yet in all that time, I've never played a Star Wars RPG. God knows why, sounds fun as hell. Heck, I even had another player who was basically a Jedi created under some infinitely flexible character creation system, though which one I've forgotten. But "Star Wars roleplaying game"? Nope, never done that...

:shake:

Hammock Parties 08-12-2013 01:44 PM

If that's true, it's ****ing awesome.

Resurrected Emperor story in Dark Empire was the best EU story outside of the Thrawn trilogy.

http://trinitycomicshop.com/wordpres...cs-Review1.jpg

However, I hate that this has been potentially spoiled already.

DaneMcCloud 08-12-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9879020)
If that's true, it's ****ing awesome.

Resurrected Emperor story in Dark Empire was the best EU story outside of the Thrawn trilogy.

However, I hate that this has been potentially spoiled already.

I really enjoyed the Thrawn trilogy in the early 90's. But some time later (maybe 15 years or so), I re-read it and thought it was unimaginative, boring and droll. It should have been a "duality" like Zahn's later Star Wars works.

I will say that Zahn matured big time over the years and his later EU books are by far my favorites.

keg in kc 08-12-2013 03:50 PM

A couple funny moments

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JltXS4oqTeI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>