ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert just called 610. Wants to stay in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269183)

Hootie 01-25-2013 10:35 PM

I'll wait to see how the first 34 picks play out but if we don't have 1 QB by then and 1 QB I like I'm going to be irritated and I usually don't get irritated on draft day because I realize it's a crapshoot and teams like Seattle who HAD THE WORST DRAFT EVER!! doesn't mean shit until you actually see the players play

shit, everyone on this board LOVED the Johnny Baldwin pick

htismaqe 01-25-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9351782)
They will take a QB in the draft. I am sure of that. I really think it will be in the first round but, it won't be at #1 overall.

:doh!:

Rambozo 01-25-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9351787)
I'll wait to see how the first 34 picks play out but if we don't have 1 QB by then and 1 QB I like I'm going to be irritated and I usually don't get irritated on draft day because I realize it's a crapshoot and teams like Seattle who HAD THE WORST DRAFT EVER!! doesn't mean shit until you actually see the players play

shit, everyone on this board LOVED the Johnny Baldwin pick

I am with you. I expect one in the first 34 picks.

I hated the Baldwin pick and wanted Phil Taylor or Gabe Carimi. However, neither of them have been very good either.

Bump 01-25-2013 11:04 PM

Oh good now we can finally move Albert to OG and draft that OT Joekul or whatever his name is!!

/people suffering from TSF

BigCatDaddy 01-25-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9351661)
Learning curve.

You are overthinking this. QBs are given more time to develop than any other position and for good reason. It's the hardest position to transition from college to pro. While you are waiting to find out for 2, 3, 4, or 5 years for your mediocre QB to develop, you are missing out on real ones. By the time you do try again, the players you drafted after him are ready to hit free agency.

You can say we should draft a QB year after year until we get one but, that's not going to happen. it's not realistic to do that over and over in the first round. If you do, your team will get old or leave via free agency and you won't have anything but a QB. You aren't going to be the Colts if you do that. It's not about money. It's about the loss of talent.

You guys can dream all night and day but, reality is very different. I think most Chiefs fans get it. For some reason, there are a lot of people here who don't. Maybe it's the stupid first round QB in Superbowls argument?

If you are a Chiefs fan, you shouldn't even be talking about a superbowl let alone a playoff win. You are like little kids asking for a b-day pony. It ain't going to happen guys. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

You did see that Blaine Gabbert got yanked before he even finished year 2? With the new CBA teams aren't shelling out big bucks for top of the draft QB's so it's much easier to pull the plug earlier then it used to be.

htismaqe 01-25-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9351857)
You did see that Blaine Gabbert got yanked before he even finished year 2?

Don't bother. He lives in his own world where QBs are scary and 1st round playoff losses are the bee's knees.

Frankie 01-25-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9351717)
Bowe caught 15 TD's you stupid ****. Your Bronco WR's had way more drops than Bowe did this year.

I believe he said WRs "under contract." I wish posters here would take time to think before posting insults.

And I believe he said he's been a fan of the Chiefs for 37 years. That rules out knowmo.

htismaqe 01-25-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9351859)
I believe he said WRs "under contract." I wish posters here would take time to think before posting insults.

And I believe he said he's been a fan of the Chiefs for 37 years. That rules out knowmo.

Doesn't rule out being a complete moron though.

Frankie 01-25-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9351748)
Rambozo has just regained the lead for poster most likely to swallow elephant semen at the next tailgate.

Oh he's Republican? Oops I forgot this is not DC. :evil:

RealSNR 01-25-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9351705)
On defense, we need a CB, 2 DEs, a MLB, and a FS. What about offense? Do we have a WR under contract that can catch? How about a TE that can stay healthy? What about a LT? Do we have one of those under contract? How about an o-line that can pass block? What about a center?

Before you start with the Powe and Bailey etc. BS, just think about how they couldn't get on the field on a 2-14 team. Romeo has been coaching in this league forever. yeah, it didn't work out but he's not a dumbass.

You really think a QB is going to fix everything homer?

A QB in this league fixes everything for most teams. The Chiefs have the potential to be no different than the Andrew Luck Colts, Kurt Warner Cardinals, or the Brett Favre Vikings

RealSNR 01-25-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9351781)
Yeah but, Clark won't. I think that has been proven. It's not your money and it's not your job on the line. Think about it. Half of a GM's decison on a draft pick comes down to him watching his ass. The longer they've been there, the more they gamble.

Is that why new GMs with the potential to draft a QB in the first round take a guy nearly 100% of the time? :spock:

Do you think the guy who inherited the 0-16 Lions said, "Can't take Matthew Stafford because our entire defense is terrible!"

Should the only teams who draft QBs be like the Bill Cowher Steelers in 2004 with EVERYTHING in place before they put in the QB?

RealSNR 01-25-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Quit defending him, dude. He does this shit in all ****ing threads.

This thread is about how Albert's agent is in talks with Dorsey and Reid, and how Albert WANTS TO BE BACK IN KC. And then Rambozo says, "People mention LT as a need because Donald Stephenson is our only LT under contract."

htismaqe 01-25-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9351873)
Should the only teams who draft QBs be like the Bill Cowher Steelers in 2004 with EVERYTHING in place before they put in the QB?

Gotta love the 15-year plan.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-26-2013 09:08 AM

Groundhog day. Every QB the Chiefs "could" take is a worthless piece of shit, but anyone unattainable is "can't miss". "He's no Marino!!!!" "Hey we can always wait till next year till ______ comes out"/every year since the stone ages apparently.

SAUTO 01-26-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9351661)
Learning curve.

You are overthinking this. QBs are given more time to develop than any other position and for good reason. It's the hardest position to transition from college to pro. While you are waiting to find out for 2, 3, 4, or 5 years for your mediocre QB to develop, you are missing out on real ones. By the time you do try again, the players you drafted after him are ready to hit free agency.

You can say we should draft a QB year after year until we get one but, that's not going to happen. it's not realistic to do that over and over in the first round. If you do, your team will get old or leave via free agency and you won't have anything but a QB. You aren't going to be the Colts if you do that. It's not about money. It's about the loss of talent.

You guys can dream all night and day but, reality is very different. I think most Chiefs fans get it. For some reason, there are a lot of people here who don't. Maybe it's the stupid first round QB in Superbowls argument?

If you are a Chiefs fan, you shouldn't even be talking about a superbowl let alone a playoff win. You are like little kids asking for a b-day pony. It ain't going to happen guys. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

My daughter got a pony for her birthday.

Once again you are ****ing wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 01-26-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9352254)
My daughter got a pony for her birthday.

Once again you are ****ing wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

BB got a cumshot in the eye from Uncle Jr.

SAUTO 01-26-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9351687)
ROFL That's why we are picking first instead of 30th.

Also, Think about how long we stuck with Brodie Croyle? How much has Stanzi played? What about Palko? He wasn't even drafted and made it a couple of years.

Croyle started less than a season. Palko started a couple games, Stanzi none.

What's your point again?

We were and have been getting qb's while they were here.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 01-26-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9351782)
They will take a QB in the draft. I am sure of that. I really think it will be in the first round but, it won't be at #1 overall.

Do you want us to take a LT at one THEN pay another future first and then some to trade up and get qb?

When you think there isn't one good enough to take one overall? But it would be worth giving up MULTIPLE PICKS?

JFC you ain't too smart
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 01-26-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9352263)
Croyle started less than a season. Palko started a couple games, Stanzi none.

What's your point again?

We were and have been getting qb's while they were here.
Posted via Mobile Device

He's so stupid, he'd blow the number one overall on a LT THEN use a 2nd plus likely next years 1st picks to move up back into the first for the 4th or 5th QB option rather than take the best with the first pick and fill another position of need in round 2.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-26-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9352274)
Do you want us to take a LT at one THEN pay another future first and then done to trade up and get qb?

When you think there isn't one good enough to take one overall? But it would be worth giving up MULTIPLE PICKS?

JFC you ain't too smart
Posted via Mobile Device

....or this. Great minds.

SAUTO 01-26-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9351791)

I hated the Baldwin pick and wanted Phil Taylor or Gabe Carimi. However, neither of them have been very good either.

There aren't 34 picks in the first round.

Three posts ago you said you expected to pick one in the first, just not at one.

Which is it?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 01-26-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

it's because he hates Bowe.

He thinks no one will try to sign Bowe.

He said Bowe will have NO suitors.

And you are defending him..ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 01-26-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9352278)
....or this. Great minds.

Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe 01-26-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9352277)
He's so stupid, he'd blow the number one overall on a LT THEN use a 2nd plus likely next years 1st picks to move up back into the first for the 4th or 5th QB option rather than take the best with the first pick and fill another position of need in round 2.

We could get a STUD LEFT TACKLE in next year's draft, except that he's trading away next year's #1...

htismaqe 01-26-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9352279)
There aren't 34 picks in the first round.

Three posts ago you said you expected to pick one in the first, just not at one.

Which is it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Stop it.

You'll get him confused and then he'll start lashing out again.

The board doesn't need a 2nd "I'm sorry, I just want to co-exist" thread in less than a week.

siberian khatru 01-26-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9352348)
Stop it.

You'll get him confused and then he'll start lashing out again.

The board doesn't need a 2nd "I'm sorry, I just want to co-exist" thread in less than a week.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DRZxek8rwNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigMeatballDave 01-26-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9351791)

I'm assuming this turd herder has me on ignore because he won't answer my question.

HotCarl 01-26-2013 10:03 AM

This Rambozo guy is a real dumbass

SAUTO 01-26-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9352377)
This Rambozo guy is a real dumbass

Pot meet kettle
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 01-26-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9352383)
Pot meet kettle
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO I was going to post the same thing.

O.city 01-26-2013 10:13 AM

So no QB is worth the first overall pick, but one is worth trading this years second and likely next years first to get back into the back end of this years first round, to take a guy you had available when you picked at 1?

Someone, please christ someone, tell me what this "value" is of someone going at first overall compared to 5 or anywhere in the top 10? Is there this unwritten stigma that I'm missing about who is allowed to go at 1?

SAUTO 01-26-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9352392)
So no QB is worth the first overall pick, but one is worth trading this years second and likely next years first to get back into the back end of this years first round, to take a guy you had available when you picked at 1?

Someone, please christ someone, tell me what this "value" is of someone going at first overall compared to 5 or anywhere in the top 10? Is there this unwritten stigma that I'm missing about who is allowed to go at 1?

a qb shouldn't start unless he's not worth the number one overall, but worth a first rounder plus more picks.

It's complicated
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Dawg 01-26-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9352277)

Nobody should care how its done as long as we get Geno.

-King- 01-26-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9352454)

Yes we should. Wasting the first on an LT in the hopes we can trade back up for Geno is just a stupid as **** idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 01-26-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9352476)
Yes we should. Wasting the first on an LT in the hopes we can trade back up for Geno is just a stupid as **** idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

This draft will probably be the most unpredictable of the last 5 to 10 years.

There is no consensus no 1 or even universal agreement on who belongs in the top 10...

Pasta Little Brioni 01-26-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9352490)

There is no consensus no 1 or even universal agreement on who belongs in the top 10...

Now this I can agree with

Pasta Little Brioni 01-26-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9352454)

We pick first, so just take him and be done with it if they think he can be a franchise guy. No reason at all to play around trying to get "value" :whackit:

Chiefshrink 01-26-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9352490)

Not yet anyway, because the pimping hasn't started but will start today as soon as the Senior Bowl is over and then bleed into the combine and then the hemorrhaging will occur right after the combine and then the tourniquets will be needed after the college PRO DAY workouts.

Be patient, it will be coming !!!:thumb:

Messier 01-26-2013 02:37 PM

The draft is three months away. That's a long time, and player rankings will change. How things look now, is not how they'll look in April.

Rausch 01-26-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9352952)
The draft is three months away. That's a long time, and player rankings will change. How things look now, is not how they'll look in April.

I'm sure writers will change their mocks. I'm sure player evaluations will rise and fall.

That will always happen.

I still think this draft is wide open...

BigMeatballDave 01-26-2013 02:53 PM

I found a pic of Rambozo http://photos.ellen.warnerbros.com/g...5/2_2_full.jpg

Frankie 01-26-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9351877)
Quit defending him, dude. He does this shit in all ****ing threads.

This thread is about how Albert's agent is in talks with Dorsey and Reid, and how Albert WANTS TO BE BACK IN KC. And then Rambozo says, "People mention LT as a need because Donald Stephenson is our only LT under contract."

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9352287)
it's because he hates Bowe.

He thinks no one will try to sign Bowe.

He said Bowe will have NO suitors.

And you are defending him..ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not "defending," nor attacking him. He has an opinion. I don't agree with what you said is his opinion on Bowe. I happen to share with him the idea that Geno Smith is not a clear top-of-draft prospect. But then I look around and can't answer the question who is.

It's one of those drafts that does not offer a clear top five comparable to top 5s of most other drafts. It's ****ing frustrating. IF we could somehow find a trade partner to trade down and get our QB later in the 1st or with our 34 while we have extra picks I'd be a happy camper. But the only way that could happen is someone in the top 10 should fall in love with Joekel or Jarvis Jones so much that they HAVE to have them. I don't see any RG3 or Julio Jones type of trades, but I'm holding some hope that we can trade down a couple of times one or two spots at a time.

milkman 01-26-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9353297)
I'm not "defending," nor attacking him. He has an opinion. I don't agree with what you said is his opinion on Bowe. I happen to share with him the idea that Geno Smith is not a clear top-of-draft prospect. But then I look around and can't answer the question who is.

It's one of those drafts that does not offer a clear top five comparable to top 5s of most other drafts. It's ****ing frustrating. IF we could somehow find a trade partner to trade down and get our QB later in the 1st or with our 34 while we have extra picks I'd be a happy camper. But the only way that could happen is someone in the top 10 should fall in love with Joekel or Jarvis Jones so much that they HAVE to have them. I don't see any RG3 or Julio Jones type of trades, but I'm holding some hope that we can trade down a couple of times one or two spots at a time.

You are a ****ing moron.

Go look at the top 5 QBs in the past 10 years.

There are only 2 or 3 QBs outside of last year that compare favorably to this year.

Just shut the **** up and stop acting like you know shit.

Frankie 01-26-2013 04:54 PM

Did I hear Benji yap again? Certainly wasn't Cujo barking.

RealSNR 01-26-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Tom Cash has opinions.

Knowmo has opinions.

I don't see you telling us how we got their arguments wrong.

Frankie 01-26-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9353454)
Tom Cash has opinions.

Knowmo has opinions.

I don't see you telling us how we got their arguments wrong.

LOL,.... Because theirs are always so blatantly and unmistakeably crazy it's IMPOSSIBLE to get their opinion wrong.

SAUTO 01-26-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9353787)
LOL,.... Because theirs are always so blatantly and unmistakeably crazy it's IMPOSSIBLE to get their opinion wrong.

Ftr I haven't got his opinion wrong on Bowe.

It's in his posts. Search it.

Hell I made fun of him. Search suitors in my posts and then read up a page
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 01-26-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9353787)

"Blatantly and unmistakably crazy."

I don't see a difference.

milkman 01-26-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9353368)
Did I hear Benji yap again? Certainly wasn't Cujo barking.

I'm comfortable being called a dog.

Much less offensive than being a lying sack of shit.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-27-2013 12:02 PM

Would Branden Albert return to Chiefs as a guard?
Related Stories

Here are the latest Whispers we're hearing from our sources throughout the NFL:

• We hear the Chiefs remain interested in re-signing free agent Branden Albert but that they at least have kicked around the idea of making him a guard. Albert has made it clear he believes himself to be a left tackle, period. Although internal discussions are in the early stages, this will be an interesting situation to monitor over the coming weeks.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...efs-as-a-guard

milkman 01-27-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9355075)
Related Stories

• We hear the Chiefs remain interested in re-signing free agent Branden Albert but that they at least have kicked around the idea of making him a guard. Albert has made it clear he believes himself to be a left tackle, period. Although internal discussions are in the early stages, this will be an interesting situation to monitor over the coming weeks.

Good lord.

If there is any truth to this rumor ( and I don't believe it, ftr), then this new front office and coaching staff is every bit as stupid as the one that was just shit canned.

Deberg_1990 01-27-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9355077)
Good lord.

If there is any truth to this rumor ( and I don't believe it, ftr), then this new front office and coaching staff is every bit as stupid as the one that was just shit canned.

Agreed. Just to be clear, Albert could probably play the crap out of Guard, but ultimately, it would be pointless to move him.

NJChiefsFan 01-27-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

I don't agree with what you said is his opinion on Bowe.

Were you not around when he first got on the site? His opinion of Bowe is pretty clear.

HotCarl 01-27-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9355077)
Good lord.

They want him to play guard and Pioli was going to let him walk, just like every other good player he didn't draft.

The last person who managed the offensive line effectively was peterson and it looks like it may stay that way.

RealSNR 01-27-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9355102)

The last person who managed the offensive line effectively was peterson and it looks like it may stay that way.

BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL

bevischief 01-27-2013 12:23 PM

ROFL:popcorn:%(/

Saccopoo 01-27-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9355086)
Agreed. Just to be clear, Albert could probably play the crap out of Guard, but ultimately, it would be pointless to move him.

They had their chance to do so when they could have taken Okung.

At this point, moving Albert, who finally picked up his game and started playing to his draft status in 2012, would be utterly assinine. He is playing a solid brand of left tackle and with the acquisitions of Allen, Hudson and Asamoah for the interior to go along with Winston, this is a very solid offensive line.

Continuity is the most important thing in an offensive line (and both Reid and Dorsey should realize this) and this line has a chance to be very, very good by the time the start of the season rolls around.

Titty Meat 01-27-2013 12:26 PM

Lets pay him LT money to play guard then lets pay Luke Jerkoff too

BigMeatballDave 01-27-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9355075)
Related Stories

Bullshit! I flatout refuse to believe Reid an Co. are this dumb.

BigMeatballDave 01-27-2013 12:36 PM

If Albert is adamant about playing LT, he'll sign elsewhere.

As he should.

BigMeatballDave 01-27-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9355102)
They want him to play guard and ***** was going to let him walk, just like every other good player he didn't draft.

We have no idea what Reid and Dorsey want at this point.

SAUTO 01-27-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9355097)
Were you not around when he first got on the site? His opinion of Bowe is pretty clear.

Again he had a post the other day as rambozo that said Albert would have free agent suitors unlike Bowe who would not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 01-27-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9355160)
If Albert is adamant about playing LT, he'll sign elsewhere.

As he should.

The thing is, he's pretty adamant about playing here in KC. I think these guys know that they are on the cusp of being a pretty good team and they've stated as much before the start of the 2012 season.

You can't tell me that if KC drafts Geno that guys like Bowe and Albert wouldn't love to be a part of what could potentially happen with Reid as coach.

We all know that the two things that have held this team back is a competent Head Coach and a legitimate Quarterback.

IMO, we're standing on the edge of producing quality football with basically one guy needed. That guy is Geno.

HolyHat 01-27-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9355172)
IMO, we're standing on the edge of producing quality football with basically one guy needed. That guy is Geno.

Damnit Sac, I just changed my pants

NJChiefsFan 01-27-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9355165)
Again he had a post the other day as rambozo that said Albert would have free agent suitors unlike Bowe who would not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah. It's a joke to think that Bowe won't have teams looking to sign him. A stupid attempt to continue his over the top argument against Bowe.

Chris Meck 01-27-2013 12:49 PM

The 'whispers' they're hearing are probably from this board.

You've got a plus player at LT, you don't move him to ****ing guard just to draft a rookie. Not gonna happen, Albert would NEVER accept the move-nor should he.

If for some reason Reid likes another FA like Long or someone more than Albert, that's one thing, but no way Albert plays guard.

Frankie 01-27-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9354139)
I'm comfortable being called a dog.

Much less offensive than being a lying sack of shit.

You are not being called any dog. You are just Benji trying to make like Cujo to testosterone me. It ain't working because I'm not playing.

You wanna talk football without calling someone names for no reason, talk away. Otherwise your little tough asshole act doesn't wash with me. Do it for those who buy it.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 01:47 PM

We've been told for weeks that Reid is gonna draft a tackle because look how many tackles he's taken in the 1st round.

Well, how many GUARDS has he taken in the 1st round? Because the Eagles tried to trade up to get BRANDEN ALBERT. Think he wanted him as a GUARD?

****ing reeruns.

Nightfyre 01-27-2013 02:31 PM

Dorsey and Albert - Let me make this simple for you: 5 for 55, 30 guaranteed. You are welcome.

Dorsey and Bowe - Let me make this simple for you: 5 for 55, 30 guaranteed. You are welcome.

Dorsey and Cassel - Enjoy your severance package Mr. Cassel. Dorsey : + 6 million cap space.

Dorsey and Jackson - Later TJax. Dorsey: +14 million cap space.

Oh look, we just paid for Bowe and Albert by subtracting two substandard players.
Now Dorsey should have 13 mill plus whatever carryover to play with. Extend Houston? Maybe extend Berry on the cheap? Good idea.

HotCarl 01-27-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9355172)
The thing is, he's pretty adamant about playing here in KC. I think these guys know that they are on the cusp of being a pretty good team and they've stated as much before the start of the 2012 season.

"Adamant about being in KC?" Like Brandon Carr supposedly was?

All we know is that he called 610 and said he wanted to play here, but he wouldn't play just any position to stay here. This could very well just have been a call prompted by his agent where he says all the things you say during contract negotiations and it means nothing.

This team is not "on the cusp of being a pretty good team". They have about 15 positions of need. They lose 14 games this year and were just as shitty last year! How is that a pretty good team if you add a rookie QB?

This idea we are one or two players away is nuts.

BigMeatballDave 01-27-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9355415)

All we know is that he called 610 and said he wanted to play here, but he wouldn't play just any position to stay here. This could very well just have been a call prompted by his agent where he says all the things you say during contract negotiations and it means nothing.

This team is not "on the cusp of being a pretty good team". They have about 15 positions of need. They lose 14 games this year and were just as shitty last year! How is that a pretty good team if you add a rookie QB?

If Reid and Dorsey want to keep him at LT, he'll be back.

With a solid draft that includes QB, and that QB plays well, they'll compete for a playoff spot.

Shit QB play and their turnovers is the main reason they lost 14.

RealSNR 01-27-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

We're a real QB and one or two players away from making the playoffs.

OR we can keep playing the Alex Smith/Matt Cassel/Matt Flynn/Ryan Mallett game of grabass. In that case we will need all those new players.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

ROFL

One only needs to watch the games.

Even when WRs are WIDE OPEN, the QB checks down.

The 2012 Chiefs had an net YPA of 5.3 yards.

That's historically bad.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9355554)
We're a real QB and one or two players away from making the playoffs.

OR we can keep playing the Alex Smith/Matt Cassel/Matt Flynn/Ryan Mallett game of grabass. In that case we will need all those new players.

Oh, Alex Smith could absolutely get us TO the Playoffs. Won't win once we get there but that seemingly doesn't matter to most...

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9355567)
Oh, Alex Smith could absolutely get us TO the Playoffs. Won't win once we get there but that seemingly doesn't matter to most...

Alex Smith was not the reason why the 49ers lost in the NFC Championship last year.

If the Chiefs rookie QB has a winning record and a QB rating of 104, I'd be ecstatic. I just highly doubt that happens.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9355585)
Alex Smith was not the reason why the 49ers lost in the NFC Championship last year.

If the Chiefs rookie QB has a winning record and a QB rating of 104, I'd be ecstatic. I just highly doubt that happens.

Smith isn't going to play like he did last year ever again.

Mother****erJones 01-27-2013 03:59 PM

Alex smith would be an ok stop gap maybe play while Reid gets Geno ready

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9355595)
Smith isn't going to play like he did last year ever again.

He was playing even better this year before the concussion. But the bottom line is that he was never in Harbaugh's long term plans.

I can think of way worse scenarios than Alex Smith paired with Andy Reid for a few years.

Hootie 01-27-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9355585)

he didn't do them any favors in winning it, either

he had at least 2, I'm thinking 3 possessions in overtime to win the game and he was awful

I remember watching the game and seeing Eli just getting hammered by the 49ers defense and the 49ers offense not being able to get a single 1st down and thinking "this game is going to be won by whoever makes the first awful mistake" and sure enough...

The 49ers got to the Super Bowl this year because of Kaepernick and his explosive offense...

they almost got there because of ridiculous defense against the Giants (albeit Smith was pretty damn good when it mattered against the Saints)

either way, I don't want Alex Smith. Just draft a damn QB at #1.

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9355607)
Alex smith would be an ok stop gap maybe play while Reid gets Geno ready

Smith will have far more attractive options than holding down the fort for eight games.

If they take a QB at #1 overall, I don't want to hear ANY excuses: That mother****er better start DAY ONE.