ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

suds79 09-30-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 8960669)
Say hello to Glen Dorsey's replacement.

lol. That sounds about right.

Another 5 tech in the first. It's what Scott does best.

DeezNutz 09-30-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8960568)
Geno Smith isn't as fast or athletically gifted as RGIII, but his pocket awareness in more advanced and his mobility is far better than you are trying to paint it to be.

Just stop talking.

Yep. He's more poised in the pocket, which obviates the running advantage that RGIII possesses. Both are elite athletes.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:03 AM

Lol at zilla again
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8960609)
You are trying to sell this stupid ****ing idea that Geno Smith doesn't have the athletic ability to make plays if he doesn't make quick reads.

That is sheer utter bullshit.

He isn't as fast or athletically gifted as RGIII, but he has enough speed and athletic ability to escape pressure and make plays outside the pocket with his arm.

You're selling bullshit, and I am not buying it.

Go sell your bullshit to whoever is stupid enough to buy it.

But stop trying to sell it to me.

I've seen Geno Smith, and I can smell your bullshit from 1500 miles away.

You are describing a more athletic version of Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers is not Big Ben. Big Ben is a freelancer. He is not that great at consistently making quick reads, but he is the best in the game at being able to freelance into getting a read open. RGIII's floor is that that's the type of game he plays, because he has the elite athleticism to do it. Not many people can do this. By the way, Aaron Rodgers is an elite pocket passer. That's why he's successful. His ability to extend plays is only an added bonus to that.

Aaron Rodgers can't make his living off of freelancing. Neither can Geno Smith. And it's exactly what's damaging Mark Sanchez's career. He has to be excellent at making quick reads in a complicated NFL offense.

I have never, ever said he can't do this. I've said repeatedly that I believe he can. But he's not even close to the surefire prospect RGIII was because unlike RGIII, he HAS to rely on a mental part of the game that he hasn't been asked to do nearly as much in WVU.

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8960631)
zilla, please just stop. This is ridiculous.

Sorry, I don't give hand jobs to every QB prospect that comes in the door.

I have never once said I wouldn't draft Geno Smith. I love the guy. Have been on his bandwagon for a year.

But this hand jobbing that he's a bulletproof prospect or that he's in RGIII or Luck's class is ridiculous. Right now he is a system QB with a terrific skill set and limited flaws in his game. But you can't say he can succeed in an NFL pro style offense until he actually plays in one.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:12 AM

When did RG3 play in an NFL offense?
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8960831)
When did RG3 play in an NFL offense?
Posted via Mobile Device

Read the thread, jackass.

Bump 09-30-2012 11:15 AM

ONE AND FIFTEENO FOR GENO!

DO IT

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8960865)
Read the thread, jackass.

I have. RG3 did not play in an NFL offense in college
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8960913)
I have. RG3 did not play in an NFL offense in college
Posted via Mobile Device

Clearly you didn't. I've addressed this multiple times.

RGIII's downside is that he's an elite freelancer like Big Ben. His upside is that he becomes Big Ben but is much better at reading defenses.

Geno Smith is not built to be a freelancer. He is built to be a more athletic version of Aaron Rodgers. Pocket passer first, scrambler second.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8960931)
Clearly you didn't. I've addressed this multiple times.

RGIII's downside is that he's an elite freelancer like Big Ben. His upside is that he becomes Big Ben but is much better at reading defenses.

Geno Smith is not built to be a freelancer. He is built to be a more athletic version of Aaron Rodgers. Pocket passer first, scrambler second.

I read you say this multiple times idiot.

Then you say that Geno slips some as a prospect because he doesn't play in a Pro set.

Neither did RG3. but your OPINION is that he is like Ben, who btw has probably thirty pounds on RG3 and can take the abuse of being beat on by sustaining those plays
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8960988)
I read you say this multiple times idiot.

Then you say that Geno slips some as a prospect because he doesn't play in a Pro set.

Neither did RG3. but your OPINION is that he is like Ben, who btw has probably thirty pounds on RG3 and can take the abuse of being beat on by sustaining those plays
Posted via Mobile Device

You are exaggerating "slipping." I've said that he's the best prospect in the class, but he's not the elite prospect RGIII or Luck were. Nobody should be upset about taking him #1, but there have been much better surefire #1's than him.

And RGIII would play a Big Ben style but in a different way. Big Ben is crafty at dodging defenders, but the whole idea is that he extends plays. RGIII is crafty at moving around so that no defender can catch up to him. But unlike a Vick or your typical scrambling QB, he has an uncanny ability to keep his head looking downfield and throw a perfect pass on the run. Geno Smith can do that too. But not in the elite way RGIII can. RGIII is a guy whose offense can revolve around moving him around in unique ways. Geno's offense will be built around him succeeding in the pocket, then using scrambling as a bailout.

So the importance of running an NFL offense was a lot less so with RGIII than for Geno.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:29 AM

Lol keep spinning. You look stupid here. And all this is your opinion
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8961089)
Lol keep spinning. You look stupid here. And all this is your opinion
Posted via Mobile Device

No, it's not my opinion. It's the opinion of every draft expert that has not agreed to Geno Smith being a consensus #1 even against Barkley.

But continue to keep your head in the sand that he's a perfect prospect with no risk or flaws.

ForeverChiefs58 09-30-2012 11:40 AM

Another team that scares me for moving up is the 49ers. They are loaded with draft picks, I believe 12 picks, and I could see if they miss the SB, Smith being the scapegoat and their weakest link. They just resigned him last year, but it allows them to pull the trigger when there is a shot at "the next Peyton Manning coming out of college" when they flirted with PM earlier this year. 4th rd pick Kapernick looks good, but he is not Geno Smith.

Another thing to note is Geno Smith has great WR's, and he does make them look great as well, but you could have a team wanting to trade up to get a top WR like Atlanta did with Julio Jones. That could also kind of set the pirice for other teams who want to move up.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8961221)
No, it's not my opinion. It's the opinion of every draft expert that has not agreed to Geno Smith being a consensus #1 even against Barkley.

But continue to keep your head in the sand that he's a perfect prospect with no risk or flaws.

what the **** are you talking about? RG3 wasn't a consensus FIRST ROUNDER at this point last year. You are talking out your ass
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8961351)
what the **** are you talking about? RG3 wasn't a consensus FIRST ROUNDER at this point last year. You are talking out your ass
Posted via Mobile Device

RGIII was a good not elite player in 2010. He moved up the draft board once he started to produce and prove he wasn't a fluke.

Geno Smith had an outstanding season last season. We're not learning a whole lot more about him this year that we didn't know last year.

Again, I believe Geno will be the #1 rated prospect. I believe he will be a #1 pick, and he should be. But he isn't the prospect RGIII was.

RealSNR 09-30-2012 11:47 AM

Awesome. Looks like we're not going to have to trade anything to get Geno Smith after all.

Eyes on the prize, boys

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8961409)
RGIII was a good not elite player in 2010. He moved up the draft board once he started to produce and prove he wasn't a fluke.

Geno Smith had an outstanding season last season. We're not learning a whole lot more about him this year that we didn't know last year.

Again, I believe Geno will be the #1 rated prospect. I believe he will be a #1 pick, and he should be. But he isn't the prospect RGIII was.

At the same point in their respective seasons Smith is a BETTER prospect than RG3 was.

What part of "he wasn't even a consensus first rounder at this point last year" did you not understand?
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 09-30-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8961409)

RGIII's arm was above average. If it weren't for Andrew Luck, I think he would have had one of the best arms of any QB in the draft since Aaron Rodgers. He's that good.

Geno Smith's arm is better than RGIII's.

I can appreciate somebody who prefers RGIII to Geno Smith. That's a fair assessment. I disagree with it, but it's fair.

doomy3 09-30-2012 11:53 AM

We may be bad enough to get this guy.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8961478)
We may be bad enough to get this guy.

Might be the best thing to ever happen to this franchise
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8961439)
RGIII's arm was above average. If it weren't for Andrew Luck, I think he would have had one of the best arms of any QB in the draft since Aaron Rodgers. He's that good.

Geno Smith's arm is better than RGIII's.

I can appreciate somebody who prefers RGIII to Geno Smith. That's a fair assessment. I disagree with it, but it's fair.

Thank you. I would agree with you here.

As a pocket QB, I like Geno Smith better than RGIII. I love Geno's upside. But any time you have a guy you project to be a pocket NFL QB, you take on some risk if he has limited experience running a pro style offense. A risk worth taking, but that separates him from a prospect like RGIII who I believe can win games purely on his legs (if he has to).

doomy3 09-30-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8961494)
Might be the best thing to ever happen to this franchise
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. I'm in.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 12:03 PM

RG3 would get killed if they have to rely on him to win games with his legs
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8961675)
RG3 would get killed if they have to rely on him to win games with his legs
Posted via Mobile Device

I am not talking about making him a running QB like Vick.
I'm not even talking about making him a stand in the pocket and get beat up QB like Big Ben.

I am talking about a guy who has an elite ability to make plays on the move. You can absolutely revolve an offense for him where he's rolling out and moving around the pocket. Like I said, that's his downside. His upside is that he becomes a good enough pocket QB that you don't need to do that. I think he's good enough to be a good pocket QB. But you have a bailout if he's average at that. That's why he was a surefire prospect.

jtfris 09-30-2012 12:11 PM

Let see him do it against, Texas, OU, and K-State. Was in the Big Least last year and played only the worst D in the Big 12 -4 +2 so far.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8961752)
I am not talking about making him a running QB like Vick.
I'm not even talking about making him a stand in the pocket and get beat up QB like Big Ben.

I am talking about a guy who has an elite ability to make plays on the move. You can absolutely revolve an offense for him where he's rolling out and moving around the pocket. Like I said, that's his downside. His upside is that he becomes a good enough pocket QB that you don't need to do that. I think he's good enough to be a good pocket QB. But you have a bailout if he's average at that. That's why he was a surefire prospect.

Again if he has to run around trying to extend plays he is going to get killed. He doesn't have the build to withstand abuse imo.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 09-30-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8960823)
Sorry, I don't give hand jobs to every QB prospect that comes in the door.

I have never once said I wouldn't draft Geno Smith. I love the guy. Have been on his bandwagon for a year.

But this hand jobbing that he's a bulletproof prospect or that he's in RGIII or Luck's class is ridiculous. Right now he is a system QB with a terrific skill set and limited flaws in his game. But you can't say he can succeed in an NFL pro style offense until he actually plays in one.

Perhaps you should read the thread.

Saccofshit has described the offense that Smith played well in in his freshman year, and it was closer to resembling a pro style than anything that RGIII played in at Baylor.

Now stop spouting shit like you know a ****ing thing about anything.

milkman 09-30-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8961866)
Again if he has to run around trying to extend plays he is going to get killed. He doesn't have the build to withstand abuse imo.
Posted via Mobile Device

geno Smith is bigger and stronger than RGIII, you ****ing idiot.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8962569)
geno Smith is bigger and stronger than RGIII, you ****ing idiot.

Are you serious?

That post was ABOUT RG3.

**** you maybe you should ****ing read
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 09-30-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8962613)
Are you serious?

That post was ABOUT RG3.

**** you maybe you should ****ing read
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, my bad.

I'm the ****ing idiot.

RealSNR 09-30-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8962692)
Yep, my bad.

I'm the ****ing idiot.

Dumbass.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8962692)
Yep, my bad.

I'm the ****ing idiot.

Ok lol. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8962518)
Perhaps you should read the thread.

Saccofshit has described the offense that Smith played well in in his freshman year, and it was closer to resembling a pro style than anything that RGIII played in at Baylor.

Now stop spouting shit like you know a ****ing thing about anything.

What does that matter? Just because you've played in it, doesn't mean you can excel at it. What's funny about this thread is how much shit I'm taking for saying the guy isn't a perfect prospect. I'm not alone. He's NOT a consensus #1 anywhere, and that's up against Barkley who is not an elite QB prospect.

I like the guy. I think he'll do well and I'd be fine if the Chiefs ended up #1 and took him. But this is just another example of fans being such big fans or such big critics of a player that they exaggerate how good or bad the guy is.

milkman 09-30-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8962842)
What does that matter? Just because you've played in it, doesn't mean you can excel at it. What's funny about this thread is how much shit I'm taking for saying the guy isn't a perfect prospect. I'm not alone. He's NOT a consensus #1 anywhere, and that's up against Barkley who is not an elite QB prospect.

I like the guy. I think he'll do well and I'd be fine if the Chiefs ended up #1 and took him. But this is just another example of fans being such big fans or such big critics of a player that they exaggerate how good or bad the guy is.

Read you ****ing dumbass.

I said "played WELL in".

KChiefs1 09-30-2012 01:40 PM

This is just like wishing for Andrew Luck last year...not happening.

RealSNR 09-30-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 8963104)
This is just like wishing for Andrew Luck last year...not happening.

Have you SEEN this team?

KChiefs1 09-30-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8963123)
Have you SEEN this team?

SNR...I've seen the team & I know how the story goes too.

RealSNR 09-30-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 8963142)
SNR...I've seen the team & I know how the story goes too.

I'm still kind of youngish in my fandom. I've only been a fan for a little more than 20 years.

I still have hope that this team has FINALLY reached the end of the long list of excuses not to draft a QB. We're going to pick in the top 5 this year, Cassel has sucked with a variety of coaches and teammates, it's been four years, etc.

We've obtained the ****ing closure to call the Cassel case closed to Pioli's face. There are no more excuses. They're all gone. Pioli has nothing left.

I WILL ****ing quit this team if we don't draft a QB this year. Thankfully, though, I think this is it. This is finally it.

KChiefs1 09-30-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8963194)
I'm still kind of youngish in my fandom. I've only been a fan for a little more than 20 years.

I still have hope that this team has FINALLY reached the end of the long list of excuses not to draft a QB. We're going to pick in the top 5 this year, Cassel has sucked with a variety of coaches and teammates, it's been four years, etc.

We've obtained the ****ing closure to call the Cassel case closed to Pioli's face. There are no more excuses. They're all gone. Pioli has nothing left.

I WILL ****ing quit this team if we don't draft a QB this year. Thankfully, though, I think this is it. This is finally it.

I've following them since 1966. I don't know if I can quit them but I'm getting very tired.

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8962930)
Read you ****ing dumbass.

I said "played WELL in".

It's a fair point. I'd say he played proficiently. It shows he can operate in that offense but not the type of performance that made you believe this kid had top 5 pick potential.

Again, I like the guy. I'm not calling this a red flag. You're right, he's more experienced in this type of offense than I gave credit for. But right now, his successes are largely out of a very non-pro offense. Like I said, if he did well in the pro style offense and he had a tremendous production season in 2011, then why is he not in heavy talks right now about being a #1 pick? Even among very good draft guys like Walter Football? Clearly, I'm not the only one saying this.

milkman 09-30-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8963525)
It's a fair point. I'd say he played proficiently. It shows he can operate in that offense but not the type of performance that made you believe this kid had top 5 pick potential.

Again, I like the guy. I'm not calling this a red flag. You're right, he's more experienced in this type of offense than I gave credit for. But right now, his successes are largely out of a very non-pro offense. Like I said, if he did well in the pro style offense and he had a tremendous production season in 2011, then why is he not in heavy talks right now about being a #1 pick? Even among very good draft guys like Walter Football? Clearly, I'm not the only one saying this.

He was a freshman in that offense.

Should we expect a freshman to come in and light the world on fire?

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8963590)
He was a freshman in that offense.

Should we expect a freshman to come in and light the world on fire?

Again, when did I say it was a red flag? I think he can do it, but right now, it's something that's holding back his draft stock because we have to take the leap of faith that it won't be an issue.

KC Hawks 09-30-2012 02:46 PM

One step closer to our goal, boys.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-30-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Hawks (Post 8963759)
One step closer to our goal, boys.

Damn straight.

COME ON RIDE THE TANK, AND RIDE IT! (WHOO-HOO)

COME ON RIDE THE TANK, AND RIDE IT! (WHOO-HOO)

LMAO

RealSNR 09-30-2012 03:33 PM

This thread needs to be stickied, I think.

It would help keep the peace around here.

Eyes on the prize, boys. Nobody gives a shit about what Crennel or Pioli or Matt said. They're irrelevant garbage wet farts. Once Geno comes aboard they'll either be swept up in the greatness or fired.

Their actions do not concern us. They don't matter.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-30-2012 03:38 PM

I just can't believe how much Cassel has brought this franchise down. We deserve a franchise QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-30-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8964007)

Eyes on the prize, boys. Nobody gives a shit about what Crennel or Pioli or Matt said. They're irrelevant garbage wet farts. Once Geno comes aboard they'll either be swept up in the greatness or fired.

Dude, Geno Smith is coming to this ****ing team. I'm calling it.

THE DEAL IS DONE.

Three7s 09-30-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

I'm still not on the roll call. :(

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-30-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 8964178)
I'm still not on the roll call. :(

This. Goddammit, I'm enthused! ENTHUSED I SAY!

wazu 09-30-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

I agree. And please add me to the roll call.

Priest31kc 09-30-2012 04:48 PM

I want in.

QuikSsurfer 09-30-2012 04:50 PM

In

RealSNR 09-30-2012 05:15 PM

A lot of you guys who want in now were "I don't care, I just want a QB"

Look, we need a QB. Period. I agree. That's been said a million times before though.

I'll add you all in later tonight as the Smith wagon picks up more and more steam following this loss. But understand this isn't just a "Smith, Barkley, Wilson, just anybody but Cassel" thread. This thread is about Geno Smith and his huge chocolatey 12-foot penis. No one else.

Bewbies 09-30-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8964511)

Look, we need a QB. Period. I agree. That's been said a million times before though.

I'll add you all in later tonight as the Smith wagon picks up more and more steam following this loss. But understand this isn't just a "Smith, Barkley, Wilson, just anybody but Cassel" thread. This thread is about Geno Smith and his huge chocolatey 12-foot penis. No one else.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw...jc2fo1_400.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-30-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

WE NEED THAT PENIS!!!!!

wazu 09-30-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

I want Geno Smith to be our draft pick. I would settle for somebody else if that's not possible, but if we have the #1 overall pick, I want it to be Geno.

clyde05 09-30-2012 07:19 PM

If we keep Cassel as starter we will have the # 1 overall pick, so the only way we couldn't get Geno is if Pioli trades down which I could actually see him doing that. If that is the scenario this place would go crazy.

Bump 09-30-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde05 (Post 8965088)
If we keep Cassel as starter we will have the # 1 overall pick, so the only way we couldn't get Geno is if Pioli trades down which I could actually see him doing that. If that is the scenario this place would go crazy.

the way Pioli has forced Matt Cassel on to start with no exceptions, what makes you think he's gonna draft Geno at #1? He's going LT. It won't matter if Cassel finishes the season with 5 ints and 100 interceptions, he's our starter for life.

Dayze 09-30-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8964520)

Is that Nick Wright?

clyde05 09-30-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8965101)
the way Pioli has forced Matt Cassel on to start with no exceptions, what makes you think he's gonna draft Geno at #1? He's going LT. It won't matter if Cassel finishes the season with 5 ints and 100 interceptions, he's our starter for life.

That's what worries me, Pioli doesn't do what makes sense, just get rid of Piolis ass too and while we're at might as well get rid of Romeo too, he's almost 70 anyway.

MMXcalibur 09-30-2012 07:31 PM

If we are in position to draft Geno and we go in another direction....that might be the end-game for me.

Priest31kc 09-30-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 8964547)
I want Geno Smith to be our draft pick. I would settle for somebody else if that's not possible, but if we have the #1 overall pick, I want it to be Geno.

This

Noss 09-30-2012 07:41 PM

I'm in.

Dayze 09-30-2012 07:42 PM

What would you say if I could get you a sweet OT at #1?

doomy3 09-30-2012 08:27 PM

This is definitely the guy I want. Do whatever it takes. Put it this way, I'd trade Berry, Jackson, Baldwin and Poe for a franchise QB. That's our last 4 first round picks.

Saccopoo 09-30-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8963525)

I remember watching a WVU game when Geno was a sophomore and they were running a primarily under center style of offense. Smith was terrific. His numbers weren't gaudy as they are now because of the offensive system that Holgorsen runs, but he was incredibly poised, showed excellent pocket presences, etc. The same stuff you see out of him right now. Except now, he's airing it out and you really get to see what he can do in a pass happy vertical spread.

And, in case you haven't noticed, he's kicking the shit out of everyone. Much like he did last year. And the year before that. Except he's bigger, stronger and more confident. The guy has actually gotten better every single year and in his senior year, he's really taken responsibility and leadership of the team and is destroying everything.

The guy is smart, is a film room junkie and has some of the best tools of a QB that I've ever seen at this level. I loved the guy as a sophomore and he's only gotten better every year. And he's not just dumping it off on short crossing routes a la Oklahoma. He's bombing it downfield, hitting his receivers right in stride even though they are perfectly covered. The guy is the absolute shit.

The "pundits" have been sucking off So. Cal QB's forever. But I'm telling you right now, Smith is head and shoulders above any other potential prospect in this coming draft.

I think he's a combination of Griffin and Luck from last year.

It's a perfect storm for the Chiefs right now to end up with this guy. Sell the draft. Sell two drafts. Sell three drafts. I don't give a rats ass. This is the guy.

lewdog 09-30-2012 09:20 PM

Beano for Geno!!!!!!!

Saccopoo 09-30-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8965199)

http://www.sjgames.com/errata/burninhell/logo.jpg

Bewbies 09-30-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8965108)
Is that Nick Wright?

I think he goes by the name Tri-pod.

Bewbies 09-30-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8965199)

The true fan nut would bust uncontrollably. :LOL:

Sorter 10-01-2012 07:39 AM

Good article on Geno. :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/29/sp...pagewanted=all

Chiefs=Champions 10-01-2012 07:42 AM

Im still waiting to be added :huh:

RealSNR 10-01-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 8966212)
Im still waiting to be added :huh:

Sorry. These things are difficult when you're not getting paid, you understand.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-01-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde05 (Post 8965088)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 8965137)
If we are in position to draft Geno and we go in another direction....that might be the end-game for me.

These.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8965414)
This is definitely the guy I want. Do whatever it takes. Put it this way, I'd trade Berry, Jackson, Baldwin and Poe for a franchise QB. That's our last 4 first round picks.

Finally, we agree.

Paniero 10-01-2012 09:45 AM

I give in. Sign me up.
How exciting would it be have a rookie projected to be a franchise QB?

MahiMike 10-01-2012 09:58 AM

If you want this guy, you better keep on losing. Jags fans have their eyes on him too.

Red Beans 10-01-2012 10:00 AM

Color me in.

Saccopoo 10-01-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 8966527)
If you want this guy, you better keep on losing. Jags fans have their eyes on him too.

Jags, Raiders, Saints and Browns fans can suck me.

Geno Smith is all ours.