ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Bambi 02-29-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8408040)
One could argue that during Self's tenure that KU has come up short more than just "time to time."

I only mentioned it because KU fans seem to use both arguments whenever it suits them, and I find that humorous.

I love HCBS.

But I agree. His performance in the tourney has left me scratching my head more than once. He has still only been to the Final Four once... Roy made three while at KU

Bambi 02-29-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8408042)
Sure you weren't. It's not like you haven't posted that 1,000 times or anything, you ****ing reerun.

West Virginia and TCU showed up "on our doorstep"

They are schools with Finals Fours and BCS wins.

The departing schools have never been to either.

That's what I was talking about....you..... ****ing......mor------on........

Frazod 02-29-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8408049)
West Virginia and TCU showed up "on our doorstep"

They are schools with Finals Fours and BCS wins.

The departing schools have never been to either.

That's what I was talking about....you..... ****ing......mor------on........

Yeah, more overrated programs that rode weak schedules to trumped up BCS bowls. Should be just the sort of thing you pop a thimble-sized boner over. LMAO

Bambi 02-29-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8408085)
Yeah, more overrated programs that rode weak schedules to trumped up BCS bowls. Should be just the sort of thing you pop a thimble-sized boner over. LMAO

Cool. Kansas has been trying to get away from your school for months now. Just leave us alone.

bye

mnchiefsguy 02-29-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8408096)
Cool. Kansas has been trying to get away from your school for months now. Just leave us alone.

bye

Yeah....KU has a big series with Nebraska to get ready for.

Bearcat 02-29-2012 02:56 PM

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/...titleswat8.gif

Pasta Little Brioni 02-29-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8407962)
But I thought regular season titles meant everything, and the tourney was nothing but a crap shoot? You beaker fans sure are confusing....

It's only a crapshoot when KU doesn't win. Follow along. Didn't see any of them saying that when they beat a better Memphis team.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-29-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

FRUIT BOWL HERP DERP!!

Bambi 02-29-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8408105)

lol, this is one of the greatest gifs of all time.

Bambi 02-29-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8408123)
FRUIT BOWL HERP DERP!!

Roses are a fruit?

Bambi 02-29-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

That must have been what your SEC brethren Georgia was saying when they were getting their ass kicked by West Virginia in the Sugar (BCS) Bowl...

Frazod 02-29-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8408096)

bye

Well, KU's level of competition will drop considerably next year.

You still suck too much to beat them, but at least the scores should be closer.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-29-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8408136)
Roses are a fruit?

You obviously consumed paint chips as a tasty treat, so why not?

Bearcat 02-29-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8408160)

Closer than 14?

That would be nice.

Frazod 02-29-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8408176)
Closer than 14?

That would be nice.

You guys really got up for your Super Bowl, didn't you?

Bearcat 02-29-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8408187)
You guys really got up for your Super Bowl, didn't you?

I think they were really pumped about it being Gill's last game, then at halftime they had to turn it down a few notches so there wasn't a chance he'd keep his job.

You're welcome.

Pants 02-29-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8408123)
FRUIT BOWL HERP DERP!!

U JELLY?

OH U JELLY

Bambi 02-29-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8408213)
I think they were really pumped about it being Gill's last game, then at halftime they had to turn it down a few notches so there wasn't a chance he'd keep his job.

You're welcome.

When KU was kicking the shit out of Mizzou in the first half I was shitting my pants.

Imagine they would have held on to win?

Good God, might still be stuck with Gill.

Bambi 02-29-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8408160)

Quite the opposite. KU has had no trouble playing football with MU in the past.

West Virginia and TCU actually have football achievement and BCS trophies for us to worry about.

The only sad thing about MU leaving for KU is all the wins we're going to lose out on.

Mr. Plow 02-29-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8408106)
It's only a crapshoot when KU doesn't win. Follow along. Didn't see any of them saying that when they beat a better Memphis team.

It's a crap shoot, period. Always has been, always will be. Many many KU teams that were the best team didn't win it all. Like many have said before, if it was a college football system where they place who they think are the best teams in the championship, KU would most likely have at least 3 more titles. Shit happens.

None of that changes the fact that KU is one of the most dominating basketball programs in the country for the past 10+ years. They are a great team and always in the talk for a National Championship.....every, single, year.

Frazod 02-29-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8408255)
Quite the opposite. KU has had no trouble playing football with MU in the past.

West Virginia and TCU actually have football achievement and BCS trophies for us to worry about.

The only sad thing about MU leaving for KU is all the wins we're going to lose out on.

Both of these teams are going to get nuked playing in a real conference, especially West Virginia.

Well, nuked by everybody but you. KU will still be bringing up the rear.

Bearcat 02-29-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8408286)
It's a crap shoot, period. Always has been, always has been. Many many KU teams that were the best team didn't win it all. Shit happens. Like many have said before, if it was a college football system where they place who they think are the best teams in the championship, KU would most likely have at least 3 more titles. Shit happens.

None of that changes the fact that KU is one of the most dominating basketball programs in the country for the past 10+ years. They are a great team and always in the talk for a National Championship.....every, single, year.

Meh... clearly we carry some kind of agenda solely to make KU look good. I mean, everyone knew VCU, Butler, UConn, and Kentucky were the best 4 teams in the nation last season. And of course, everything here is in black and white, so it either means everything or nothing.... pick one! (and of course, your choice will be uploaded to the KU Opinion Mothership, and will then be the opinion of all KU fans after that, so choose wisely)

Saul Good 02-29-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8408141)
That must have been what your SEC brethren Georgia was saying when they were getting their ass kicked by West Virginia in the Sugar (BCS) Bowl...

I don't know what year that was, but I'll bet a team from the SEC won the NC that year.

Mosbonian 02-29-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8408255)
West Virginia and TCU actually have football achievement and BCS trophies for us to worry about..

You have to be one of the few people in the land who actually believe that the BCS appearances by TCU and WVU were high achievements.

If you are going to try and say you are glad to see us leave, you'd get more credibility if you weren't trumpeting the arrival of a johnny-come-lately winning program (TCU) and the team from the worst football conference in the nation that everyone is trying to leave.

I'm guessing that you will find them to be accommodating in filling your schedule. But it won't "lift" the view of the conference

ChiefsCountry 02-29-2012 08:49 PM

Here is 2011 sports tv numbers
http://www.slideshare.net/ceobroadba...ports-11339432

College football > college basketball

Bambi 03-01-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8408922)
Here is 2011 sports tv numbers
http://www.slideshare.net/ceobroadba...ports-11339432

College football > college basketball

The advertising world seems to disagree with you.

|Zach| 03-01-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8408608)
You have to be one of the few people in the land who actually believe that the BCS appearances by TCU and WVU were high achievements.

If you are going to try and say you are glad to see us leave, you'd get more credibility if you weren't trumpeting the arrival of a johnny-come-lately winning program (TCU) and the team from the worst football conference in the nation that everyone is trying to leave.

I'm guessing that you will find them to be accommodating in filling your schedule. But it won't "lift" the view of the conference

BIG EASTTTTTTTTTT

|Zach| 03-01-2012 12:13 AM

trololololololololickedson

Bambi 03-01-2012 12:19 AM

The arguments about the Big East teams being overrated would work a lot better if they didn't actually win their BCS games, lol.

Bambi 03-01-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8409293)
trololololololololickedson

When is the Big 12 falling apart?

I thought it was supposed to be done already. What happened?

|Zach| 03-01-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8409303)
When is the Big 12 falling apart?

I thought it was supposed to be done already. What happened?

You often think things that are not based in reality. That is a wickedson thing that we love about you. You don't dance with reality.

We do know the big players in the B12 that keep this conference together have been shopping themselves around for years and would not like to be in the Big 12. So when that music stops...and it will...MU wants a seat at the big kids table.

Nothing more nothing less.

A university system and community is dependent on MU making the best decisions for the future of the program.

That was done. So we don't have to worry about all the back room meetings that Texas and Oklahoma are having with other conferences to find different ways to **** us. That is KU's job now. Enjoy.

Frazod 03-01-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8409300)
The arguments about the Big East teams being overrated would work a lot better if they didn't actually win their BCS games, lol.

Well, some BCS teams are actually good. And sometimes they're frauds who didn't play anybody. If two frauds meet (like, for instance, the 2008 Orange Bowl), well, one of them's got to win.

kepp 03-01-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8409666)
Well, some BCS teams are actually good. And sometimes they're frauds who didn't play anybody. If two frauds meet (like, for instance, the 2008 Orange Bowl), well, one of them's got to win.

Unfortunately, everyone wins in a girl fight.

Bambi 03-01-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8409666)

Well one day you may get the chance to experience what Kansas, TCU and WVU have in their football pasts. Believe me it's awesome. Maybe then you'll lighten up a bit and enjoy life.

Bambi 03-01-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8409327)
You often think things that are not based in reality. That is a wickedson thing that we love about you. You don't dance with reality.

We do know the big players on the conference that keep this conference together have been shopping themselves around for years and would not like to be in the Big 12. So when that music stops...and it will...MU wants a seat at the big kids table.

Nothing more nothing less.

A university system and community is dependent on MU making the best decisions for the future of the program.

That was done. So we don't have to worry about all the back room meetings that Texas and Oklahoma are having with other conferences to find different ways to **** us. That is KU's job now. Enjoy.

OK. KU will try and survive. I'll let you know the minute they are in trouble.

Frazod 03-01-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8409674)
Well one day you may get the chance to experience what Kansas, TCU and WVU have in their football pasts. Believe me it's awesome. Maybe then you'll lighten up a bit and enjoy life.

I was at Arrowhead on November 24, 2007. I guess you'll never get to experience anything like that, since your team is too chickenshit to play us now.

Wouldn't trade that experience for anything. Including an overhyped bowl game against a shit team from a shit conference nobody cares about.

Bambi 03-01-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8409700)
I was at Arrowhead on November 24, 2007. I guess you'll never get to experience anything like that, since your team is too chickenshit to play us now.

Wouldn't trade that experience for anything. Including an overhyped bowl game against a shit team from a shit conference nobody cares about.

I dunno, Arrowhead on November 29, 2008 was pretty good. Not so much for you.

Then again, neither was the next week. LMAO

Frazod 03-01-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8409726)
I dunno, Arrowhead on November 29, 2008 was pretty good. Not so much for you.

Then again, neither was the next week. LMAO

Yeah, that one loss out of the past five games. Bummer, I just watched that on TV. Don't recall a No. 1 ranking being in the balance for that one. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

Bambi 03-01-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8409733)
Yeah, that one loss out of the past five games. Bummer, I just watched that on TV. Don't recall a No. 1 ranking being in the balance for that one. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

I just watched 2007 game on TV as well. It would have been nice to win and be a game from the national title but oh well. Packing for Miami made up for it.

Frazod 03-01-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8409740)
I just watched 2007 game on TV as well. It would have been nice to win and be a game from the national title but oh well. Packing for Miami made up for it.

Nothing like a nice vacation after getting exposed as a ****ing fraud on national TV by your most hated rival. :thumb:

Bambi 03-01-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8409745)
Nothing like a nice vacation after getting exposed as a ****ing fraud on national TV by your most hated rival. :thumb:

Exposed? They lost one game all year.

When was the last time MU football went undefeated?

So MU is "exposed" every year. Interesting theory

Frazod 03-01-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8409815)
Exposed? They lost one game all year.

When was the last time MU football went undefeated?

So MU is "exposed" every year. Interesting theory

When you lose to the ONLY good team you played, yeah, that's called getting EXPOSED.

Just for fun, I dropped the 2007 KU schedule from the ceiling a few minutes ago. It should land on the floor sometime next week.

duncan_idaho 03-01-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8409674)

You mean winning the Orange Bowl? Done that.

Talk to me when KU makes/wins a Sugar Bowl or Fiesta Bowl.

Bambi 03-01-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8409853)
When you lose to the ONLY good team you played, yeah, that's called getting EXPOSED.

Just for fun, I dropped the 2007 KU schedule from the ceiling a few minutes ago. It should land on the floor sometime next week.

Oh well. Everyone played a rotating schedule. Too bad your school has never been able to take advantage of it.

Frazod 03-01-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8409890)
Oh well. Everyone played a rotating schedule. Too bad your school has never been able to take advantage of it.

Our rotating schedule never featured years without Texas and Oklahoma.

But KU certainly made the most of it. To this day, stupid people are really impressed!

Codered 03-01-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8409890)

I don't understand ... What is there to brag about? A few years ago KU lost to MU, but was picked in a flawed system to go to the Orange bowl?

I guess I just don't understand the logic to brag in this instance.

Bambi 03-01-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codered (Post 8409986)
I don't understand ... What is there to brag about? A few years ago KU lost to MU, but was picked in a flawed system to go to the Orange bowl?

I guess I just don't understand the logic to brag in this instance.

I'm not bragging about anything. I didn't bring it up. This is what happens in these threads.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-01-2012 12:47 PM

Have they determined if KU is going to be in the Bevo or Boomer division yet?

Pants 03-01-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8410197)
Have they determined if KU is going to be in the Bevo or Boomer division yet?

It must suck so bad being an MU fan. LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 03-01-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8410201)

Yeah, it sucks sooo much having competive Basketball AND Football teams...and not tanking football to have more money to purchase B-Ball recruits.

Pants 03-01-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8410207)
Yeah, it sucks sooo much having competive Basketball AND Football teams...and not tanking football to have more money to purchase B-Ball recruits.

So, so bitter. :(

It's also awesome that we are tanking football on purpose and keeping our old coaches instead of firing them and owing them millions in payouts just for a chance at improvement.

I realize that not having any conference championships in anything that matters (especially after coming oh so close) must sting, but stooping down to conference talk smack just makes you look more pathetic than anything. I'm just trying to help, man.

RustShack 03-01-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8410207)

The funny thing is Mizzou football just got less competitive by going to the SEC, but hey they might have improved in basketball by it!

Pasta Little Brioni 03-01-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8410219)
So, so bitter. :(

It's also awesome that we are tanking football on purpose and keeping our old coaches instead of firing them and owing them millions in payouts just for a chance at improvement.

I realize that not having any conference championships in anything that matters (especially after coming oh so close) must sting, but stooping down to conference talk smack just makes you look more pathetic than anything. I'm just trying to help, man.

Not at all, but thanks for playing anyway.

Pitt Gorilla 03-01-2012 01:48 PM

Nice breakdown of the Nielsen ratings:

Football Viewership

Rank Conference Average TV Viewers

1 SEC 4.44 million
2 Big Ten 3.26 million
3 ACC 2.65 million
4 Big 12 2.34 million
5 Pac-12 2.10 million
6 Big East 1.88 million

Basketball Viewership

1 Big Ten 1.49 million
2 ACC 1.24 million
3 SEC 1.22 million
4 Big 12 1.06 million
5 Big East 1.04 million
6 Pac-10 (pre-expansion).78 million

Pants 03-01-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8410231)
Not at all, but thanks for playing anyway.

Not at all what?

Bambi 03-01-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8410337)

Football Viewership

1 SEC 4.44 million
2 Big Ten 3.26 million
3 ACC 2.65 million
4 Big 12 2.34 million
5 Pac-12 2.10 million
6 Big East 1.88 million

Basketball Viewership

1 Big Ten 1.49 million
2 ACC 1.24 million
3 SEC 1.22 million
4 Big 12 1.06 million
5 Big East 1.04 million

I found that interesting too. Especially being that there are 3 times as many CBB games per year than there are football.

ChiefsCountry 03-01-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8410337)

Football Viewership

1 SEC 4.44 million
2 Big Ten 3.26 million
3 ACC 2.65 million
4 Big 12 2.34 million
5 Pac-12 2.10 million
6 Big East 1.88 million

Basketball Viewership

1 Big Ten 1.49 million
2 ACC 1.24 million
3 SEC 1.22 million
4 Big 12 1.06 million
5 Big East 1.04 million

LSU/Alabama BCS game got higher ratings on ESPN than the Final Four on CBS.

Bearcat 03-01-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8410389)
LSU/Alabama BCS game got higher ratings on ESPN than the Final Four on CBS.

Well, if VCU vs Butler doesn't get people's attention, I don't know what will...

Bambi 03-01-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8410444)
Well, if VCU vs Butler doesn't get people's attention, I don't know what will...

LMAO

LSU/Alabama only got 4 million more viewers than the Big East (UConn) vs the Horizon League (Butler).

Not only that, advertisers spent $500 million more on advertising during NCAA Basketball then they did on NCAA Football.

wow, I have to say I didn't see that coming.

Imagine they got teams from some big time leagues in the Final Four this season?

mnchiefsguy 03-01-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8410464)
LMAO

LSU/Alabama only got 4 million more viewers than the Big East (UConn) vs the Horizon League (Butler).

Not only that, advertisers spent $500 million more on advertising during NCAA Basketball then they did on NCAA Football.

Imagine they got teams from some big time leagues in the Final Four this season?

Remember folks, Wickedson firmly believes that college bball and third tier media rights drive the bus.

Bambi 03-01-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8410482)
Remember folks, Wickedson firmly believes that college bball and third tier media rights drive the bus.

I never said anything "drives the bus".

It's obviously a mix of different things:

Nebraska- Football
Colorado- ???
Texas A&M- Football
Syracuse- Basketball
Pitt- Basketball
Missouri- Basketball

But maybe me and all the advertisers are wrong. Who knows

dirk digler 03-01-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8410464)
LMAO

This is kind of older data but it probably isn't too far off. Regular season CFB gets a lot more advertising dollars than CBB. The difference is obviously the tournament and the fact no one watches bowl games. That is why I have never understood why CFB doesn't do a 8-team playoff. They would make killing in advertising and TV revenue.http://www.data360.org/temp/dsg993_990_600.jpg

Bambi 03-01-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 8410810)
This is kind of older data but it probably isn't too far off. Regular season CFB gets a lot more advertising dollars than CBB. The difference is obviously the tournament and the fact no one watches bowl games. That is why I have never understood why CFB doesn't do a 8-team playoff. They would make killing in advertising and TV revenue.http://www.data360.org/temp/dsg993_990_600.jpg

Agreed. A college football playoff is exactly what it needs to get the ratings and such back on track.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-01-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8410353)
Not at all what?

Bitter.

Mosbonian 03-01-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8409880)
You mean winning the Orange Bowl? Done that.

Talk to me when KU makes/wins a Sugar Bowl or Fiesta Bowl.

Don't confuse him with the facts.....

Mosbonian 03-01-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8410201)

Not really....it's been a great year for us. Our football team was competitive in a year that we thought would be rebuilding and we won our bowl game. We were asked and agreed to join one of the most...no check that....THE most elite Sports Conference in the nation.

Our basketball team is enjoying one of the best seasons in it's history in a year where everyone was counting us out, and in some cases laughing at our "misfortune".

Not sure how you can see that is sucks to be an MU fan.

But I can see where it would suck to be one of those few Jayhawk fans who is pissed off at the fact that our year is going so great in so many ways.

Bearcat 03-01-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8411051)
Don't confuse him with the facts.....

In his defense, he probably wasn't born yet.

Pants 03-01-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8411073)
Not really....it's been a great year for us. Our football team was competitive in a year that we thought would be rebuilding and we won our bowl game. We were asked and agreed to join one of the most...no check that....THE most elite Sports Conference in the nation.

Our basketball team is enjoying one of the best seasons in it's history in a year where everyone was counting us out, and in some cases laughing at our "misfortune".

Not sure how you can see that is sucks to be an MU fan.

But I can see where it would suck to be one of those few Jayhawk fans who is pissed off at the fact that our year is going so great in so many ways.

You can have a year like this every year, man. I will take championships, though. ;)

HolyHandgernade 03-01-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8410494)
I never said anything "drives the bus".

It's obviously a mix of different things:

Nebraska- Football
Colorado- ???
Texas A&M- Football
Syracuse- Basketball
Pitt- Basketball
Missouri- Basketball

But maybe me and all the advertisers are wrong. Who knows

Wrong.

Missouri - TV Markets

Mosbonian 03-01-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8411079)
In his defense, he probably wasn't born yet.

Maybe to some extent....but if you are going to try and use the lone Orange Bowl visit that KU made as some sort of mantle of greatness, you should at least understand the history of bowl visits that your rival has made.

Bearcat 03-01-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8411192)
Maybe to some extent....but if you are going to try and use the lone Orange Bowl visit that KU made as some sort of mantle of greatness, you should at least understand the history of bowl visits that your rival has made.

He said "it's awesome"... not exactly "mantle of greatness". And he said "one day you may get the chance to experience" it... if duncan is ~60+ years old, I guess you'll both have a point.

Mosbonian 03-01-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8411081)
You can have a year like this every year, man. I will take championships, though. ;)

Really....think about what you are saying. If we have a year like this every year the law of averages is going to catch up and a Championship will come.

And quit acting like Championships are something you can pick off the tree anytime you want.

Mosbonian 03-01-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8411209)
He said "it's awesome"... not exactly "mantle of greatness". And he said "one day you may get the chance to experience" it... if duncan is ~60+ years old, I guess you'll both have a point.

Sorry...but he's trying to act like the lone Orange Bowl visit somehow makes KU's football team have something over MU. Not true....

Old Dog 03-01-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8411192)

I'm having a hard time understanding the rules here. Missouri Orange Bowl trips from the 50s and 60s count, but KUs don't. That's what I get from this post, correct?

Saul Good 03-01-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8411262)
I'm having a hard time understanding the rules here. Missouri Orange Bowl trips from the 50s and 60s count, but KUs don't. That's what I get from this post, correct?

Has KU won an Orange Bowl besides in 2008?

Bearcat 03-01-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8411218)
Sorry...but he's trying to act like the lone Orange Bowl visit somehow makes KU's football team have something over MU. Not true....

Meh, if a Saints fan gave me a hard time about how his team won a SB a couple of years ago, I'd have no reason to bring up Super Bowl IV... my dad was 10. I don't see how it's relevant outside of the mere fact that it once happened. I, in no way, experienced it or its awesomness (and again, I have no idea if duncan was actually around in 1960).

Messier 03-01-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8411218)

I think it does. MU fans can try to belittle the Orange Bowl win, but it is a more important bowl appearance, and victory than MU has had in recent memory (The last 20 years or so). I know I'm using qualifiers, but it seems MU fans use those same qualifiers when KU basketball titles from 50+ years ago are boasted about.

Old Dog 03-01-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8411274)
Has KU won an Orange Bowl besides in 2008?

If you read what I bolded, he said lone Orane Bowl VISIT, not victory.

baitism 03-01-2012 08:05 PM

The main problem ku has is they didn't capitalize on their Orange Bowl win. In fact, they did the opposite. They fired the coach that got them there and hired someone who was way over their head. There isn't any recruit out there who is going to impressed by a BCS win when the program has gone to the dump in the 4 years since.

Missouri used their success in football and their upswing in basketball to move to the SEC.

Both had their chances to raise the status of their programs, but only one took advantage of it.

Bearcat 03-01-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 8411285)
The main problem ku has is they didn't capitalize on their Orange Bowl win. In fact, they did the opposite. They fired the coach that got them there and hired someone who was way over their head. There isn't any recruit out there who is going to impressed by a BCS win when the program has gone to the dump in the 4 years since.

Missouri used their success in football and their upswing in basketball to move to the SEC.

Both had their chances to raise the status of their programs, but only one took advantage of it.

Yep. MU's obviously made the most of it, and KU FB folded under a little bit of adversity... not sure I'd say MU used their success to move though. Didn't hurt, of course...