ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 2018 Hard Knocks Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316674)

rico 09-05-2018 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13710283)
K-Pass, he is going to flash and he is going to look stupid at times learning a new position.

But he is an athletic freak.

I agree.

rico 09-05-2018 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13710258)
Speaks might be a candidate for that.

I like him, but sometimes watching him throws me off because it seems like he plods when he runs. I hope the times I’ve noticed that have been fluky.

rabblerouser 09-05-2018 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13709270)
So why is he in Cleveland then?
Posted via Mobile Device

To take over for Hue Jackson by week 5?

rico 09-05-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13710455)
To take over for Hue Jackson by week 5?

Yeah...Haley would probably get that over Gregg Williams, I’m guessing.

rabblerouser 09-05-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13710219)
I mean for real...the guy had a 10-6 season...with Matt Cassel as his ordained QB that he couldn’t do anything about... that’s an accomplishment...

He also did it with a balanced attack that while it leaned heavy on the run, it split carries with Charles and Jones, and both were extremely effective.

And both stayed healthy through the year...

What was JC's line on 2010? Like 1500/6 for 6.3 per?

AGAINST DEFENSES STACKED TO STOP HIM BECAUSE NO ONE WAS SCARED OF CASSEL...

Haley was the Running Game Coordinator when he was 'Co-Offensive Coordinator' with Sean Payton under Parcells in Dallas. Dude can coach.

Pittsburg lost their playoff game by like a point, it lwas like, what, a 75-74 final score?

And they fire the OC!?

Okay then...

It will work out better for Haley anyway; I predict Pitt cleaning house if they don't make get a Super Bowl out of Tomlin this year.

rico 09-05-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13710491)
He also did it with a balanced attack that while it leaned heavy on the run, it split carries with Charles and Jones, and both were extremely effective.

And both stayed healthy through the year...

What was JC's line on 2010? Like 1500/6 for 6.3 per?

AGAINST DEFENSES STACKED TO STOP HIM BECAUSE NO ONE WAS SCARED OF CASSEL...

Haley was the Running Game Coordinator when he was 'Co-Offensive Coordinator' with Sean Payton under Parcells in Dallas. Dude can coach.

Pittsburg lost their playoff game by like a point, it lwas like, what, a 75-74 final score?

And they fire the OC!?

Okay then...

It will work out better for Haley anyway; I predict Pitt cleaning house if they don't make get a Super Bowl out of Tomlin this year.

This is a good post. I agree with you.

Jones...ahhhh it used to drive me nuts when we’d feed him the rock 25 times to Charles’s 12 and he’d average like 2.5 YPC and we knew that at any time, Charles could catch lightning in a bottle.

rabblerouser 09-05-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13710510)
This is a good post. I agree with you.

Jones...ahhhh it used to drive me nuts when we’d feed him the rock 25 times to Charles’s 12 and he’d average like 2.5 YPC and we knew that at any time, Charles could catch lightning in a bottle.

But it kept him healthy...and effective.

6.3 ypc...

With Cassel at QB.

Haley should've been CotY over Rheem Morris or whoever won that year.

****ing DBowe LED THE LEAGUE IN TDs THAT YEAR.

The guy who couldn't find the field in Cleveland ($9m guaranteed...5 catches) led the NFL in TDs in 2010.

Haley MADE DJ's career...

Haley can definitely coach 'em up.

rico 09-05-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13710531)
But it kept him healthy...and effective.

6.3 ypc...

With Cassel at QB.

Haley should've been CotY over Rheem Morris or whoever won that year.

****ing DBowe LED THE LEAGUE IN TDs THAT YEAR.

The guy who couldn't find the field in Cleveland ($9m guaranteed...5 catches) led the NFL in TDs in 2010.

Haley MADE DJ's career...

Haley can definitely coach 'em up.

For sure.

Bowe was so weird. He would make these acrobatic catches where it looked like he was playing hacky sack with the football with his hands before finally catching it. Then he would drop a rare Cassel thrown ball right at his chest. He’d routinely missed the rare easy ones from Cassel. It was as if Cassel was so bad that Bowe grew used to only having poorly thrown footballs his way and grew accustomed to it... so then when a ball was thrown perfectly to him, it threw him off because he wasn’t used to it. LMAO

Strongside 09-05-2018 10:10 PM

I hate to say it...but I ****ing love Todd Haley on this show. He’s just a good dude.

MVChiefFan 09-05-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13710905)
I hate to say it...but I ****ing love Todd Haley on this show. He’s just a good dude.

My wife actually watched the show with me, and she’s not a sports fan. During the first episode I explained who Haley was and how he’s a real grade A douche. By the time the show ended, he made me look like an idiot. Lol He was actually alright.

Strongside 09-05-2018 10:44 PM

He’s genuinely a smart, funny, likeable guy. He wasn’t ready to be a HC...but he’s a damn good coach nonetheless.

rabblerouser 09-06-2018 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13710929)
He’s genuinely a smart, funny, likeable guy. He wasn’t ready to be a HC...but he’s a damn good coach nonetheless.

I don't think ANYONE is ready to be a head coach if Scott Pioli is the GM and Matt Cassel is the QB.

rico 09-06-2018 06:35 AM

Haley’s reaction when Palko threw that Hail Mary for a TD against the Bears (I think) was freaking hilarious. He was laughing on the sideline like, “holy shit, I can’t believe we just pulled that off with that guy.” LMAO

I won’t deny it. I like Haley and always have. Have always considered him the “fall guy” here.

chiefzilla1501 09-06-2018 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad (Post 13710092)
Eliot Wolfe comes across like a little twerp. Nepotism is such a joke in the NFL.

Who starts a phone call about being cut with "unfortunately." I don't think I've ever seen that on hard knocks. Maybe it helped the players blow off steam on the car ride. But it seemed more that Wolfe is in way over his head.

rabblerouser 09-06-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13710582)
For sure.

Bowe was so weird. He would make these acrobatic catches where it looked like he was playing hacky sack with the football with his hands before finally catching it. Then he would drop a rare Cassel thrown ball right at his chest. He’d routinely missed the rare easy ones from Cassel. It was as if Cassel was so bad that Bowe grew used to only having poorly thrown footballs his way and grew accustomed to it... so then when a ball was thrown perfectly to him, it threw him off because he wasn’t used to it. LMAO

I called him 'Mr. Clutch' for a similar reason :

It always seemed like he made those crazy acrobatic receptions on first and second down...but if it was 3rd or 4th?

Forget about it.

Remember that 4th down in the Indy playoff? He let that Colts defender ride him out of bounds...for a defender known for his physical nature, and he let that skinny punk DB ride him out of bounds.