ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs announce that Derrick Johnson will be allowed to test free agency in March (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313913)

The Franchise 02-14-2018 10:28 AM

If we cut Parker and Hali.....our top 10 cap hits are:

1. Houston - $20.6M
2. Fisher - $13.9M
3. Berry - $13M
4. Kelce - $9.9M
5. Ford - $8.7M
6. Bailey - $7.9M
7. Schwartz - $7.7M
8. LDT - $5.3M
9. Sorensen - $4.8M
10. Mahomes - $3.7M

KCrockaholic 02-14-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13416603)
If we cut Parker and Hali.....our top 10 cap hits are:

1. Houston - $20.6M
2. Fisher - $13.9M
3. Berry - $13M
4. Kelce - $9.9M
5. Ford - $8.7M
6. Bailey - $7.9M
7. Schwartz - $7.7M
8. LDT - $5.3M
9. Sorensen - $4.8M
10. Mahomes - $3.7M

Half that list isn't deserving of those cap hits.

RunKC 02-14-2018 10:34 AM

Can’t see Bailey staying at that number either. Man...Veach might go full Howie Roseman.

Completely rebuild of the defense.

O.city 02-14-2018 10:35 AM

Yeah looks like they’re doing the right thing and rebuilding it from the bottom up.
I figure bailey and Parker are for sure on the list of likely cuts

The Franchise 02-14-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13416611)
Can’t see Bailey staying at that number either. Man...Veach might go full Howie Roseman.

Completely rebuild of the defense.

It NEEDS to happen. Yeah it's going to be tough to fill all of those holes in one offseason but it's ****ing time. Smith and DJ already have their replacements here. Hali technically does if Ford can stay healthy. We'd need to find a replacement for Parker and I think you can do that in FA or the draft.

Stryker 02-14-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13416593)
Good. Honestly....I'm hoping for a complete cutting of the old and dead weight on this team.

DJ
Hali
Parker
Zombo

This.

I too will miss DJ as he has always been one of my favorite players. There is no "testing" FA when you are 35 years old. That is ridiculous!

SuperChief 02-14-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13416617)
It NEEDS to happen. Yeah it's going to be tough to fill all of those holes in one offseason but it's ****ing time. Smith and DJ already have their replacements here. Hali technically does if Ford can stay healthy. We'd need to find a replacement for Parker and I think you can do that in FA or the draft.

Eric Reid, maybe?

Hammock Parties 02-14-2018 11:00 AM

I used to have arguments with you guys on here about DJ. I always loved him. And after a few years he was being shit on left and right, and I defended him tooth and nail.

He's one of the few Chiefs that was immune to being #Clayed. True greatness right there, folks.

Also another great thing about DJ was when he got drafted people AUTOMATICALLY wanted to compare him to Derrick Thomas, because he was fast, the same size and had the same first name. LMAO

We had a thread on here titled "DERRICK JOHNSON IS NOT DERRICK THOMAS" where people were fighting about it.

Good times, CP. Good times.

SuperChief 02-14-2018 11:01 AM

I can't imagine them NOT attempting to restructure Fisher's contract. Good GAWD what a waste.

DaneMcCloud 02-14-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 13416652)
I can't imagine them NOT attempting to restructure Fisher's contract. Good GAWD what a waste.

$12 million per puts Fisher as tied for the 7th highest paid LT in the NFL.

Out of the guys below him, maybe Alejandro Villanueva is the only guy not on his rookie contract that I'd take over Fisher.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Fisher's agent would accept a restructure.

SuperChief 02-14-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13416662)
$12 million per puts Fisher as tied for the 7th highest paid LT in the NFL.

Out of the guys below him, maybe Alejandro Villanueva is the only guy not on his rookie contract that I'd take over Fisher.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Fisher's agent would accept a restructure.

I agree with the bold, agree to disagree on taking several options over Fisher. I'm hoping Veach and co. are at least trying to make something happen in that regard. Granted, it could be worse and it's not a priority in comparison.

KCrockaholic 02-14-2018 11:16 AM

I remember the day we drafted him, I was watching channel 9 news that night and Len Dawson came on, talking about how he hopes this Derrick can be something as good as Derrick Thomas.

DJ ended up being pretty close in his own way. Obviously not as a pass rusher, but with everything else, the TFLs and the plays he made like the forced fumble on Ryan Mathews in that memorable opening day rain game. DJ certainly has a place in high regard in Chiefs history.

Dayze 02-14-2018 11:42 AM

DJ is everything I, as a fan, expect/want out of a pro athlete in my town.
we're lucky to have had him.

Shoes 02-14-2018 12:04 PM

Really impressed with Veach so far, not making the same mistakes Dorsey did. Seems like we are going to see a lot of turnover in personnel on the defense.

As for Derrick Johnson- what a consummate professional. Chiefs are very lucky to have had such an outstanding individual play for them for 13 seasons. All the best to DJ and hope he gets a chance at a ring wherever he goes- too bad we couldn't have more success with him.

TinyEvel 02-14-2018 12:49 PM

I will always remember his huge playoff sack that was actually a stop of forward progress. :rolleyes: