ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Frozen Pizza and Life (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285298)

Zebedee DuBois 07-28-2014 05:07 PM

i'm just wondering if the fact that I am big fan of pizza, and that I have not had a frozen pizza in ~10 years, means that I am experiencing a quality of life that exceeds that of RainMan. That doesn't seem possible!

TribalElder 07-28-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10771836)
Thanks for the tip by the way. Taking the wife with me this week so that is a great plan for lunch.

Get a salad there to go along with your pizza. They cheese the **** out of those. They are bomb ass fuuuuuuuu

Rain Man 07-28-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 10772337)
i'm just wondering if the fact that I am big fan of pizza, and that I have not had a frozen pizza in ~10 years, means that I am experiencing a quality of life that exceeds that of RainMan. That doesn't seem possible!

It's hard to imagine a better life than mine, but based on the evidence you may have achieved it.

Donger 07-28-2014 05:35 PM

I'll probably get eviscerated for saying this, but I think that the best pizza I've had in years is from a chain: The Rock's Wood-Fired Pizza.

I hate the atmosphere, but their pizzas are heaven.

blake5676 07-28-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10772273)
Totinos are great at any price, the best one they still make is the canadian bacon, the ham is very sweet and tasty... and all for a buck?

Theres no shame in my game.

Read this entire thread this afternoon and caved. Picked up the canadian bacon Totino's on the way home and its getting crispy in the oven right now!

Zebedee DuBois 07-28-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10772366)
It's hard to imagine a better life than mine, but based on the evidence you may have achieved it.

Flying nearer the sun makes for a more perilous fall.

Buzz 07-28-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10771092)
and they'll find my mummified body in a chair, holding a piece of mummified Totino's.

You may be mummified, that pizza may never go bad.

Donger 07-28-2014 06:03 PM

What if you froze pizza that you got at a pizza place? Is that still "frozen pizza"?

mlyonsd 07-28-2014 06:04 PM

I don't always eat frozen pizza, but when I do I prefer Tombstone.

KChiefs1 07-28-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10772186)
Yeah, we've talked about Imo Pizza here before. It's one of those St. Louis things that we don't really get here in KC. They love White Castle, Steak n Shake, provel cheese on pizza, and think Maull's on a pork steak is BBQ. Whatever St. Louis.

I will admit, that Ted Drewe's is the shiznit for custard. And the Italian food on the hill kicks major ass. Otherwise, we've got you beat on food six ways to Sunday.

It's scary how much we think alike.

Hootie 07-28-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10772508)
What if you froze pizza that you got at a pizza place? Is that still "frozen pizza"?

Papa Del's will freeze their deep dish and send it to anywhere in the US. Expensive as ****...but thaw that baby for 3 hours, cook for another 35 minutes...and heaven awaits.

Fire Me Boy! 07-29-2014 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10771836)
Thanks for the tip by the way. Taking the wife with me this week so that is a great plan for lunch.

I expect a report back. :)

Nzoner 07-29-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10771839)
Hahaha I do this all the time! Contadina squeezable pizza sauce. Sliced pepperoni, can mushroom pieces, Cheese and Roma Italian or french bread. Toaster oven till cheeze is melted and yummy. If I have a green pepper hanging around I dice that.

I have done this with Garlic Texas Toast the frozen in box. Its ok but prefer the other method.

When I was in high school and mom on a budget we used a cheap can of biscuits.

NewChief 07-29-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10772186)
Yeah, we've talked about Imo Pizza here before. It's one of those St. Louis things that we don't really get here in KC. They love White Castle, Steak n Shake, provel cheese on pizza, and think Maull's on a pork steak is BBQ. Whatever St. Louis.

I will admit, that Ted Drewe's is the shiznit for custard. And the Italian food on the hill kicks major ass. Otherwise, we've got you beat on food six ways to Sunday.

The St. Louis food and drink scene is actually very, very good right now. Their BBQ scene is also coming up quite a bit.

Reaper16 07-29-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10773278)
The St. Louis food and drink scene is actually very, very good right now.

This is true. Also true: Kansas City's is still markedly better.