ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Why do black people cross the street so slow? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282090)

aturnis 03-10-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10477509)
I may have brought it up before, don't know. But it's happened several times recently and I can't figure it out. It isn't me, I've sat several cars behind when it happened though one I was in front, dude looked at my car, and actually slowed down.
You're a douche but you aren't dumb. You know this isn't racist.

Isn't generalizing an entire race racist?

I have a question, why don't racists think they're racist? Or, why don't racists hose their racism?

Rausch 03-10-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10479148)
Isn't generalizing an entire race racist?

Why are all Irish people so white?

That racist?...

aturnis 03-10-2014 11:05 PM

I said race, not culture/heritage/nationality.

Rausch 03-10-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10479156)
I said race, not culture/heritage/nationality.

So it's ok to make fun of culture/heritage/nationality but not race?

And for the record there are genetic differences between whites just like there are asians or native americans.

aturnis 03-10-2014 11:15 PM

No. Culture/heritage/nationality is not race.

Rausch 03-10-2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10479173)
No. Culture/heritage/nationality is not race.

For the record I completely agree.

But why is making fun of one ok and not the other?...

aturnis 03-10-2014 11:18 PM

Did I say it was OK? Generalizing is a bad practice.

Rausch 03-10-2014 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10479184)
Did I say it was OK? Generalizing is a bad practice.

Typically, yes.

But hate (racism) seems to be tied to fear (real or imagined.) Most racism is tied to a fear of something. That's probably the hardest thing for any person to overcome.

On the other hand, some $3it is just true. We're all different. I don't get why people get so butthurt about admitting to it...

bevischief 03-10-2014 11:54 PM

ROFL

aturnis 03-10-2014 11:56 PM

I agree there are traditions held by different cultures. Or that other countries have MUCH different traffic habits, or customs, or even food. I'm not getting bent about making generalizations in general really. Just making a point. There is plenty of humor in who we are. I laugh at the religious every single day.

The real problem is that he is attributing this behavior SOLEY on race when nothing could be further from the truth.

It is more commonly a practice among disadvantaged socio-economic groups or rebellious youth.

I live in a city where 1.2% of the population is black. I do run into this problem with a lot of black people in a certain part of town, but that is an area of poverty which is predominantly black.

I more often run into young white punks from mostly middle-class or poorer areas, and less often from upper middle-class or richer neighborhoods.

It's being rebellious, apathetic, or cocky.

It's rampant among our youth.

Rausch 03-11-2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10479235)
I agree there are traditions held by different cultures. Or that other countries have MUCH different traffic habits, or customs, or even food. I'm not getting bent about making generalizations in general really. Just making a point. There is plenty of humor in who we are. I laugh at the religious every single day.

Fair enough.

Quote:

The real problem is that he is attributing this behavior SOLEY on race when nothing could be further from the truth.

We emulate the people we identify with.

That isn't always tied to race but it is more often than not.

Quote:

It's being rebellious, apathetic, or cocky.

It's rampant among our youth.

I'd agree its an expression of that.

But color does make a difference. White kids go uber-redneck, goth/emo, or militant metal.

Black kids go "ghetto."

I guess the biggest difference would be I'd actually speed up if a goth/emo kid was hogging the road...

aturnis 03-11-2014 12:14 AM

I don't know where you live, but young white kids are majority wannabe ghetto. Even most "redneck" kids from the town of 5000, I grew up in here in Iowa tend to emulate all the hip hop fashion and music. More popular from more underclass and lower class kids, just the lower class kids have more to be upset about.

Middle-class is a toss up.

ArrowheadRulez 03-11-2014 12:27 AM

Wow is this what people talk about on here?

Rausch 03-11-2014 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadRulez (Post 10479260)
Wow is this what people talk about on here?

No.

Mostly it's poop threads and misguided attempts to seek relationship advice...

loochy 03-11-2014 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10479151)
Why are all Irish people so white?

That racist?...

LMAO so I just googled "black irish people"

The results still only turn up white people