ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   **** Official Rank the QB's of This Year's Draft Class**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274721)

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-17-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10193450)
Bryce Petty

And the Fart Breakers.

jspchief 11-17-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 10179039)
Seriously, tell me why Manziel is not even in the discussion. Is everybody retarted or is it me ???

So many things about him that go against what most NFL front offices want.

Not saying he can't be a good QB, but odds are against it.

Tribal Warfare 11-18-2013 09:32 PM

From what I've seen

1) Manziel

2) Mettenberger

3) Blake Bortles

Bewbies 11-20-2013 11:40 PM

When I watch Manziel am I the only one that sees him chuck horrible passes into traffic only to see his 10ft tall WR's come down with them every time?

He scares the shit out of me as a prospect. If those passes are what they look like his NFL career will be as long as Tebow. If those look terrible but are actually perfect throws where only his guy can get em, he's going to be an all time great....

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-21-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 10208667)
When I watch Manziel am I the only one that sees him chuck horrible passes into traffic only to see his 10ft tall WR's come down with them every time?

He scares the shit out of me as a prospect. If those passes are what they look like his NFL career will be as long as Tebow. If those look terrible but are actually perfect throws where only his guy can get em, he's going to be an all time great....

You should always be scared of prospects/CP Axl's

Canofbier 11-21-2013 09:13 AM

If Manziel falls to us (somewhere in the mid-late 20s, presumably), is there a chance that Dorsey pulls the trigger on him as he once did on Rodgers?

The dude brings drama, no question, but his instincts and athleticism are off the charts, and as others have mentioned, his passing game is underrated due to the excitement about his ability to run.

jd1020 11-21-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10209027)
If Manziel falls to us (somewhere in the mid-late 20s, presumably), is there a chance that Dorsey pulls the trigger on him as he once did on Rodgers?

Dorsey did not pull a trigger on Rodgers...

Dorsey was a scout in GB.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 11-21-2013 12:14 PM

1. Manziel

Canofbier 11-21-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10209369)
Dorsey did not pull a trigger on Rodgers...

Dorsey was a scout in GB.

Check yoself. Dorsey was the director of college scouting during that period, so don't pretend that he didn't have anything less than a commanding influence on the Packers' drafts during his tenure there.

jd1020 11-21-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10210788)
Check yoself. Dorsey was the director of college scouting during that period, so don't pretend that he didn't have anything less than a commanding influence on the Packers' drafts during his tenure there.

I'll check myself when you realize that Director of College Scouting does not equal General Manager.

There is no blueprint for how Dorsey drafts. All we know is that he spent 2 2nd round picks on Alex Smith (:doh!::banghead::facepalm:) and the Chiefs are yet again not likely to make a legitimate attempt at solidifying the most important position on the field.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-21-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10210813)
I'll check myself when you realize that Director of College Scouting does not equal General Manager.

There is no blueprint for how Dorsey drafts. All we know is that he spent 2 2nd round picks on Alex Smith (:doh!::banghead::facepalm:) and the Chiefs are yet again not likely to make a legitimate attempt at solidifying the most important position on the field.

Frankly, we don't KNOW how much Dorsey drafts. We DO know he's a ****ing stud in the FA market, so I'll put 2 and 2 together, and send Reid out for some ribs in the month of April.

ILChief 11-22-2013 06:15 AM

Do not want Mettenberger.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-25-2013 08:08 PM

Tyler Bray

ciaomichael 11-29-2013 09:42 AM

Don't fall for the "potential" of Logan Thomas. Believe me, as a VT fan I've seen him play plenty. Great physical specimen, but absolutely no football instincts. Has no touch on the ball - will fire a 100mph fastball to a receiver 5 yards away. Has absolutely no internal clock back in the pocket - will get nailed from his blind side every time. As far as accuracy, he'll look great for one game, but awful for the next 2 games. Has a terrible habit of sailing, overthrowing receivers. Personally committed 8 turnovers in back-to-back losses to Duke and Boston College. A project? Yes, but he was a project in college and as a 5th year senior hasn't really progressed since the day he stepped on campus.

Dante84 12-03-2013 10:37 PM

Welp, Mariota is out. Staying at Oregon.