ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith is Sam Bradford (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270160)

Deberg_1990 02-19-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9414937)
1) Bradford played at a traditional power that was in the national title hunt both years he was healthy.

2) Bradford is white.

Unfortunately, im starting to believe just this.

Chiefnj2 02-19-2013 08:37 AM

A month ago Brooks compared Smith to Jason Campbell.

duncan_idaho 02-19-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9414941)
Unfortunately, im starting to believe just this.

Oh, also... Bradford is represented by Tom Condon of CAA...

jspchief 02-19-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9414915)
I wouldnt call Bradford a bust. He just doesnt seem like he has a high upside.

Hes pretty blah.....sort of like Alex Smith was at #1.

imo Bradford is better at this point in his career than Smith was. I thought he looked pretty good this year when Amendola was healthy. Maybe not yet #1 overall good, but he played well enough to give Rams fans hope. But I do see where you're coming from that he just doesn't seem to have that whatever it is.

I guess a point comes when you have to stop making excuses for a guy, but Bradford has had a really shitty line and crap for receivers for most of his career.

RyFo18 02-19-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9414951)
imo Bradford is better at this point in his career than Smith was. I thought he looked pretty good this year when Amendola was healthy. Maybe not yet #1 overall good, but he played well enough to give Rams fans hope. But I do see where you're coming from that he just doesn't seem to have that whatever it is.

I guess a point comes when you have to stop making excuses for a guy, but Bradford has had a really shitty line and crap for receivers for most of his career.

The common thing w/ Bradford and Smith was neither had any consistency in terms of coaching. I think Smith had like 6 OC's in 5 years and Bradford has had 3 in 3 years. This will be the first season where he's actually had some continuity. I think his game to the next level this season (and they get him some help at WR).

Easy 6 02-19-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9413452)
We're to assume that everyone thinks Bradford is a bust, so comparing Smith and Bradford makes Smith an automatic future bust. At least that's what I get from the passive aggressive feel of the thread title.

Then, there's the actual write up from the article, which doesn't exactly paint Geno in a terrible light....

Yeah, i'd say its far more positive than negative... if he's Bradford with a stronger arm, sign me up.

jspchief 02-19-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9414934)
Because at this point in time hindsight tells us that Bradford probably shouldn't have been the consensus #1?

Consensus 1? Maybe not. Top QB taken? Who else would you have taken? Should they have just sat on their hands for 2 years so they could have RG3?

And #1 overall in 2010 was a helluva lot bigger commitment than #1 overall is in 2013

jspchief 02-19-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9414957)
The common thing w/ Bradford and Smith was neither had any consistency in terms of coaching. I think Smith had like 6 OC's in 5 years and Bradford has had 3 in 3 years. This will be the first season where he's actually had some continuity. I think his game to the next level this season (and they get him some help at WR).

They have excuses.

And am I being a homer when I say I think KC is the best "worst team in football" in a long time?

patteeu 02-19-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9414923)
Rivers was "done" the day he was drafted.

Guys with his mental makeup will never win shit.

He's the guy I hear people comparing Geno Smith to when it comes to mental makeup/composure. I don't know how fair that comparison is, but it's one of the areas of concern for Smith.

RealSNR 02-19-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9415052)
They have excuses.

And am I being a homer when I say I think KC is the best "worst team in football" in a long time?

Considering the 0-16 Lions, 1-15 Rams, 1-15 Panthers, and already talent-depleted Colts minus Peyton Manning, no I don't think you'd be wrong saying that. I think we're the first team in a long time to reach that low point in spite of a magnificent ball carrier, pretty good offensive line, and some talent here and there at LB and secondary.

jspchief 02-19-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9415075)
He's the guy I hear people comparing Geno Smith to when it comes to mental makeup/composure. I don't know how fair that comparison is, but it's one of the areas of concern for Smith.

Really? I honestly don't see that at all. Hell, I'm trying to think of a single game where he lost his composure.

jspchief 02-19-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9415076)
Considering the 0-16 Lions, 1-15 Rams, 1-15 Panthers, and already talent-depleted Colts minus Peyton Manning, no I don't think you'd be wrong saying that. I think we're the first team in a long time to reach that low point in spite of a magnificent ball carrier, pretty good offensive line, and some talent here and there at LB and secondary.

Yeah, if we bring in a rookie QB, he's not coming into a trainwreck. But by the same token, he doesn't have as many excuses.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9415082)
Yeah, if we bring in a rookie QB, he's not coming into a trainwreck. But by the same token, he doesn't have as many excuses.

Absolutely no excuses.

A rook should be able to win 6 games with this team.

If they bring in a vet like Alex Smith, they should make the playoffs.

patteeu 02-19-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9415079)
Really? I honestly don't see that at all. Hell, I'm trying to think of a single game where he lost his composure.

I think it's based on a few sideline incidents. I didn't see those incidents, I'm just passing on what I heard. I believe Smith's coaches and teammates have downplayed those incidents too. That's why I said I wasn't sure how fair the comparisons are.

Messier 02-19-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9415079)

Pinstripe bowl