ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Vick to KC? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268510)

milkman 01-04-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9283836)
I'd like to believe that since we have the #1 pick. But, who is saying that besides you, where is the evidence to support that conclusion?

Go back and look at the last 6 or 8 drafts, you dipshit.

KChiefsQT 01-04-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9283813)
Maybe Geno Smith. You do have a point, I just don't want Geno to learn from Vick. Geno might be able to start week 1, he's a smart kid and can pick up on things rather quickly. If we get Geno we don't need to worry to about veteran QB.

He's a great college QB... I'm not denying that but so was Carr, Leaf, Leinart, Russell...the list goes on and on. There have been many college greats that flopped in the NFL! You just never know! So to assume we're gonna draft him and he's going to be ready to go come week 1 is stretching it, in my opinion.

Line Judge 01-04-2013 11:19 PM

I Will never cheer for Atlanta or Philadelphia ever again just because Vick played there.
I have been a Chief fan since the mid 60s, gone to more than 10 training camps, worn a KC Chiefs wrist watch daily for almost 15 years etc. etc. If Vick comes to KC I will never be a Chiefs fan again.

It makes me sad that people who post here would overlook Vick's deficient moral character and actually want him associated with our Chiefs. We should not sell our souls just to win football games. The price is too high.

Pin Head 01-04-2013 11:20 PM

Geno will need 2 or 3 seasons before he's ready to play in the NFL.

Pin Head 01-04-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Detert (Post 9283848)
I Will never cheer for Atlanta or Philadelphia ever again just because Vick played there.
I have been a Chief fan since the mid 60s, gone to more than 10 training camps, worn a KC Chiefs wrist watch daily for almost 15 years etc. etc. If Vick comes to KC I will never be a Chiefs fan again.

It makes me sad that people who post here would overlook Vick's deficient moral character and actually want him associated with our Chiefs. We should not sell our souls just to win football games. The price is too high.

There's no way Chunt is onboard with Vick in a Chiefs uniform.

milkman 01-04-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefsQT (Post 9283845)
He's a great college QB... I'm not denying that but so was Carr, Leaf, Leinart, Russell...the list goes on and on. There have been many college greats that flopped in the NFL! You just never know! So to assume we're gonna draft him and he's going to be ready to go come week 1 is stretching it, in my opinion.

First, it's that kind of thinking that has this team constantly wasting our time.

You can't achieve greatness if you are too ****ing scared to reach for it.

Second, these kids are far more NFL ready than they ever have been before, which is why there are so many young QBs succeeding in the NFL today.

Oh Snap 01-04-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefsQT (Post 9283845)

Exactly. There have been equally, if not more, QB flops taken in the first round than not. Geno Smith could be the real deal in the pros. But I think a lot of peoples expectations are far too high. We've all been spoiled watching Newton, RGIII, Wilson, and Luck...I think they've ruined it for future draft classes. Geno has the tools to be a good NFL QB. How good has still yet to be seen. Again, he could pull a Cam Newton, or he could pull a Jamarcus Russell. Time will tell...then again, if we don't draft him, the point is moot anyways.

JohnnyV13 01-04-2013 11:27 PM

I fully expect Reid to get a veteran QB. If the rook can beat him out in camp, then great. If he can't, then you have a placeholder until the rook is ready. If the rook is never ready, you get another rook.

If that rook doesn't work out, you better polish your resume, because you're probably getting fired anyway, unless your placeholder turns into Rich Gannon.

Oh Snap 01-04-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

I don't know if I would go that extreme. I believe in giving people second chances. Vick served his time and paid his duties. I say let sleeping dogs lie. Ba-Dum-Tss!!!

RippedmyFlesh 01-04-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

This
Vick and anyone who wants him can DIAF
He sucks and he's a dog killer.

KChiefsQT 01-04-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9283871)
First, it's that kind of thinking that has this team constantly wasting our time.

You can't achieve greatness if you are too ****ing scared to reach for it.

Second, these kids are far more NFL ready than they ever have been before, which is why there are so many young QBs succeeding in the NFL today.

What kind of thinking are you referring to? I'm being realistic when I'm saying I don't think he'll be ready to be an NFL starter in week one. I'm not saying don't draft the kid BUT I think he would be of more value if he spent a year or two learning the system rather than throw him out there when he most likely won't be ready.

Out of curiosity... have you followed Geno's performance this year or just watched highlights? I'm curious what you've seen in him that you would be glad to throw him out there as a starter game one.

DeezNutz 01-04-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefsQT (Post 9283900)
Out of curiosity... have you followed Geno's performance this year or just watched highlights? I'm curious what you've seen in him that you would be glad to throw him out there as a starter game one.

Yep, sure have.

Tremendous accuracy and poise and awareness in the pocket. Additionally, he's been fearless in the face of pressure.

I'd start him week one and wouldn't think twice.

BigRedChief 01-04-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9283843)
Go back and look at the last 6 or 8 drafts, you dipshit.

I wasn't meaning to be an asshole. I was being serious. I've watched some highlights on youtube, thats it.

milkman 01-04-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefsQT (Post 9283900)
What kind of thinking are you referring to? I'm being realistic when I'm saying I don't think he'll be ready to be an NFL starter in week one. I'm not saying don't draft the kid BUT I think he would be of more value if he spent a year or two learning the system rather than throw him out there when he most likely won't be ready.

Yes, Ive watched his games.

Great pocket awareness, and extremely accurate, and the ability to esape pressure (which was constant) and keep his eyes downfield.

When he drives his hips through his passes, he has outstanding arm strength.

beach tribe 01-04-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9283190)
:facepalm:

3 months of Vick rumors is gonna be tough to stomach.

I heard that. Do not want. Any of it.