ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto brake line fitting (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268378)

SAUTO 01-03-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9277690)
I don't trust anything you say anymore after your Fetzer valve replacement.

it's out of spec, and voided my warranty.

Should have let this dude do it
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze 01-03-2013 10:59 PM

typical small town mechanic

SAUTO 01-03-2013 11:00 PM

The fluid breaks down. Heat breaks it down.

If you never had a leak you would never have to bleed it, so IN THEORY the brake system would last forever. In theory, but not in the real world, where I work
Posted via Mobile Device

Exoter175 01-03-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9277680)
If you are getting air in your brake lines the compressability of the air will completely overwhelm the compressibility of the brake fluid. Exoter, how do you manage to keep the exact amount of air in each brake line so you don't get any pulling?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9277735)
Should have let this dude do it
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't really work with Fetzer stuff, I'm not radio shack.

Dayze 01-03-2013 11:02 PM

Fetzer is German. I should've made that clear. i have a VW

Exoter175 01-03-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9277747)
The fluid breaks down. Heat breaks it down.

If you never had a leak you would never have to bleed it, so IN THEORY the brake system would last forever. In theory, but not in the real world, where I work
Posted via Mobile Device

Well no shit fluid breaks down smarty pants, but we're talking about the braking system, not part of it, or the force that drives pressure, which isn't actually the fluid itself.

If you were right, we wouldn't have service calls on rubber brake lines. If you were right, we wouldn't have expansion issues in rubber brake lines due to over pressurization in the braking system.

How does over pressurization even happen?

If pressure doesn't matter, how can you create a seal under zero pressure?:spock:

Exoter175 01-03-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9277753)
Fetzer is German. I should've made that clear. i have a VW

If I'm not mistaken, Fetzer has to do with something in the booster circuit/amplification world, but I could be heinously wrong. I've worked on a lot of Audi/VW stuff in my day and own many specialty tools (of which there are many for VW/Audi) and I've never ran into a Fetzer problem. Of course, if VW/Audi uses some kind of mosfet/fetzer system in their audio systems, then perhaps I have and didn't know.

As of right now, I do not know, but I"m pretty sure this is an attempted troll maybe?

SAUTO 01-03-2013 11:07 PM

90 percent of the time that rubber brake line got RESTRICTED. that's why they fail.

That's why when you step on the brakes the car pulls.one way then straightens itself out, then drifts the other when letting off the pedal. The restriction slows the fluid to the wheel, then holds the fluid at the wheel longer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze 01-03-2013 11:07 PM

I think you're right. that sounds about right.
VW use inverted threads on their head bolts too. ****ing Germans

FlaChief58 01-03-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9277764)
If I'm not mistaken, Fetzer has to do with something in the booster circuit/amplification world, but I could be heinously wrong. I've worked on a lot of Audi/VW stuff in my day and own many specialty tools (of which there are many for VW/Audi) and I've never ran into a Fetzer problem. Of course, if VW/Audi uses some kind of mosfet/fetzer system in their audio systems, then perhaps I have and didn't know.

As of right now, I do not know, but I"m pretty sure this is an attempted troll maybe?

ROFL

boogblaster 01-03-2013 11:07 PM

Mo .. go to a salvage .. if ya wanta repair it cheap .. line should be teed at middle of rearend .. take it loose there and then pull wheel cylinder too .. replace it all fo few bucks .....

Dayze 01-03-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9277770)
90 percent of the time that rubber brake line got RESTRICTED. that's why they fail.

That's why when you step on the brakes the car pulls.one way then straightens itself out, then drifts the other when letting off the pedal. The restriction slows the fluid to the wheel, then holds the fluid at the wheel longer.
Posted via Mobile Device

for the record......I'm so glad you guys know WTF you're talking about lol. If I tried to do it myself, I'd probably die.
lol

I'd have better luck disarming a nuclear bomb than working on brakes, from the sounds of it

Dayze 01-03-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogblaster (Post 9277778)
Mo .. go to a salvage .. if ya wanta repair it cheap .. line should be teed at middle of rearend .. take it loose there and then pull wheel cylinder too .. replace it all fo few bucks .....

well said.

SAUTO 01-03-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogblaster (Post 9277778)

actually it's teed on the drivers side of the diff.

OMG the line he needs is longer with no prop valve in between them.

Lol at the prop valve talk. School boy
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze 01-03-2013 11:13 PM

'Sauto, your expertise is beyond my knowledge...

but if you need me to....I'll cut a bitch.
That's about all I can offer.

.....seriously though.......I have a knife.