ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The state of the Kansas City Chiefs. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267254)

Red Beans 12-01-2012 03:47 PM

You know, I'm all for cleaning house and the number one pick. But in light of how everything went down, and in light of the fact that 2 additional wins gets us dropped in the draft, I want a win tomorrow.

If they're going to play the goddamn game, let's beat the shit out of the Panthers. A win won't change the outcome of this tragedy, and it certainly won't change the fact that Clark's cleaning out the shithouse at the end of the year. Something positive needs to happen...

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9168399)
You know, I'm all for cleaning house and the number one pick. But in light of how everything went down, and in light of the fact that 2 additional wins gets us dropped in the draft, I want a win tomorrow.

If they're going to play the goddamn game, let's beat the shit out of the Panthers. A win won't change the outcome of this tragedy, and it certainly won't change the fact that Clark's cleaning out the shithouse at the end of the year. Something positive needs to happen...

This.

Dave Lane 12-01-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9168399)

Explain the logic underlying your conclusion.

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 9168393)
Some people just cant be reasoned with I guess... have fun thinking Pioli didnt have any sort of hand in this. Workplace killings happen all the time, same with suicides... almost always comes back to something at the work place.

Please call me dense when you aren't actually comprehending what I am saying. I am not denying the possibility that the workplace caused this. No shit workplaces have been causes of suicide. But just because object A creates a response from object B doesn't mean object A is somehow legally or morally responsible. Pioli could have made Belcher's life worse, but he isn't to blame for what Belcher did.

sedated 12-01-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9168377)
This has to at least partially fall in Piolis lap no matter how small a contribution, the environment has to contribute something.

This is insanely stupid. So everytime someone kills themself, their boss should be fired for creating a negative environment?

I understand the hate for Pioli, but fandom is taken to a sickening level when he gets any sort of blame for something like this.

okoye35chiefs 12-01-2012 03:50 PM

in military training in the past and at my current work I have to attend "active shooter" and "suicide watch" programs once a year.

In both cases the trainers start with the characteristics of each of these individuals:

"there is NO characteristic for either"

That is the point. You have to treat every situation and be prepared for the worse.

Everyone is different. Because you get fired from your job is sometimes the trigger not the overwhelming full reason for either.

bevischief 12-01-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9168373)
do you or have you suffered from depression?

have you ever contemplated suicide?

counseling?

I can tell you in all of these cases Everyone is different.

family members and spouses sometimes have no idea what is going on.

My wife went thru this 2 yrs ago assh*** and we noticed it and got her help. I also had a cousin go thru the same thing when I was in high school and we got her help as well.

stevieray 12-01-2012 03:53 PM

that's it...I'm doing a vid commentary as First Down Elvis...damn the consequences...

it needs to be done.

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9168412)
Everyone is different. Because you get fired from your job is sometimes the trigger not the overwhelming full reason for either.

I don't think anyone is dismissing the claim that Arrowhead could be the trigger or part of the problem. At least I am not. I just don't think that means Pioli is somehow morally responsible for a part in this.

bevischief 12-01-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9168421)
that's it...I'm doing a vid commentary as First Down Elvis...damn the consequences...

it needs to be done.

Do it.

jspchief 12-01-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9168363)
You are so naive and stupid it is a sick JOKE.

Let's recap the situation:

1) Two Chiefs employees... one a player, one an employee in the stadium operations department both killed themselves and their significant others in murder suicides. These both happened within a 3 month period.

2) Detailed and first hand reports have come out from within the Chiefs organization describing the toxic morale within the organization created by Scott Pioli. This comes from both non-football and football employees.

This may be too much for your gutless self to absorb, but there could very well be a connection and it is worth at least considering.

Wow. I am a sick joke.

Obviously Scott Pioli was in the best position to recognize and affect the state of Belcher's mental health.

Lprechaun 12-01-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9168423)
I don't think anyone is dismissing the claim that Arrowhead could be the trigger or part of the problem. At least I am not. I just don't think that means Pioli is somehow morally responsible for a part in this.

Morally responsible and seeing the addition to an existing problem are two different things. No one here blamed Pioli for Belcher murdering someone or taking his life... what people are saying and myself included is a Pioli run team more than likely and positively could have added to the mentality of someone already in trouble.

okoye35chiefs 12-01-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9168419)
My wife went thru this 2 yrs ago assh*** and we noticed it and got her help. I also had a cousin go thru the same thing when I was in high school and we got her help as well.

And I have suffered from it for over 15.

My wife had no idea for 10 years..

I didn't show any symptoms, thats my point..

Everyone reacts different..

Thanks for the $%&hole comment... ..looking at my questions I wasn't trying to be disrespectful but I can see that is different for you

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 9168439)
Morally responsible and seeing the addition to an existing problem are two different things. No one here blamed Pioli for Belcher murdering someone or taking his life... what people are saying and myself included is a Pioli run team more than likely and positively could have added to the mentality of someone already in trouble.

Have I said anything to disagree with that last part? I think your original posts on this subject implied, or to me anyone, came off as putting actual blame on Pioli as the cause of this. Not that his environment could have been an additional factor, maybe a major one, in his life.

htismaqe 12-01-2012 04:05 PM

This was NOT a "workplace shooting".

The guy murdered his girlfriend and didn't have a ****ing clue what to do next so he went to the one "safe place" he knows. It seems pretty obvious to me.

Blaming Pioli for any of this is beyond crazy.