ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Minnesota man who killed teens in break-in charged with murder (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267133)

kcxiv 02-07-2013 06:37 AM

wow, Some of you mother****ers posting in here are just as batshit insane as the guy shooting people just cause you want them dead. lol At least it sounds like it.

Its like being in a ****ing fight and someone hits you for no reason and you get up and kick his ass but you just keep going and going til he's dead. There is no difference, you as a human should know when enough is enough.

jspchief 02-07-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9384244)
No, you should not. Threaten, attack, defeat, repel, neutralize, sure - but once that intruder is no longer a threat (say, because they're lying, bleeding on the floor from multiple gunshot wounds), you cannot gangland-style bullet-through-the-cranium execute anyone.

Agree to disagree then.

Amnorix 02-07-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 9157424)
i don't understand the murder charges. those teens gave up their rights when they broke into a home that wasn't theirs.

edit: i do agree he screwed up by not calling police immediately, and he handled it wrong. the executions may have been over the line.

Gee, really? Why, do you think?

Amnorix 02-07-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9384235)
You should be able to execute an intruder in your own home.

That is seriously ****ed up.

InChiefsHeaven 02-07-2013 07:21 AM

You don't have the right to EXECUTE someone. If you kill them in the process of defending yourself or your property, I have no problem with that. But damn, this is sick psycho serial killer shit. I think the old man's cheese has slipped off the cracker for sure, but I can't understand how anyone can justify the execution.

I get that the kids should not have been doing what they were doing, but this is beyond self defense. Hell, it's beyond revenge. This is just sick twisted shit.

Gary 02-07-2013 08:07 AM

In Florida, there is a rule called the Castle Doctrine that says there is implied intent to inflict harm when someone breaks into your home. However, the use of deadly force is only justified if the homeowner's life was in danger of imminent great bodily harm or death. Once those teenagers hit the ground the imminent danger of great bodily harm or death ended.

notorious 02-07-2013 08:23 AM

If they can prove he shot them execution-style, he is done.

This is similar to a story I heard in CCL class from a Wichita Detective. A store owner had been robbed many times, and he finally armed himself. The next time a robbery was attempted, he shot the perp.

He was still in the right until he walked around his counter and fired a shot into the scumbag's head. The store owner is now serving time for murder.

The kicker: His own store video showed the whole thing.

Old Dog 02-07-2013 08:26 AM

Now fry him and all three are out of the gene pool......win, win, win

Garcia Bronco 02-07-2013 08:29 AM

If you break into my home, I'll shoot you with a .45. You'll be dead, cause you are not coming back to my home. The only thing you need do to avoid this is to stay the **** outta my house uninvited.

Radar Chief 02-07-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9384326)

I think he pretty much came right out and said he did, and seemed proud of it.

seclark 02-07-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9384336)
I think he pretty much came right out and said he did, and seemed proud of it.

yep...old bastard's crazy, which i honestly think is the best thing he's got going for him right now.
sec

unlurking 02-07-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9384326)

This is similar to a story I heard in CCL class from a Wichita Detective. A store owner had been robbed many times, and he finally armed himself. The next time a robbery was attempted, he shot the perp.

He was still in the right until he walked around his counter and fired a shot into the scumbag's head. The store owner is now serving time for murder.

The kicker: His own store video showed the whole thing.

These people need to spend more time at the range and learn to double tap!

To society in general, there is a very real difference between killing someone in self defense, and leaning over a defenseless asshole and shooting him point blank in the head.

WhiteWhale 02-07-2013 08:52 AM

Killing a defenseless person is murder.

He's a murderer and should be punished accordingly.

WhiteWhale 02-07-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9384270)
Agree to disagree then.

Then you disagree with the law.

Killing a defenseless person is murder. Always.

The whole 'defenseless' throws a wrench in the 'self defense' argument.

WV 02-07-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9384369)
Killing a defenseless person is murder.

He's a murderer and should be punished accordingly.

What if he had killed them with only one shot? So you don't agree with protecting yourself from a burglar?