ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Whitlock prediction: Egoli gone tomorrow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266754)

Tribal Warfare 11-18-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9131090)
Clark is at every home game...just like his Dad was. If you think Clark is happy with what's going on your nuts.

Hell, any of Hunt brothers would've been there in Clark's place if he was gone chilling by his pool in Dallas.

Tribal Warfare 11-18-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9131167)
If Pioli were done people like Badguy would hear about it first and since he hasn't i'd say that's a pretty clear indication that he's not going to be fired soon.

Shit can hit the fan quickly, in the next 2 weeks will be telling.

Dave Lane 11-18-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9130063)
I will shit my pants.

It was way more than I dared hope for. I think we did it. I saw so many smiling faces and got thank yous so many times for the signs and the desire to get rid of our collective nightmare.

Chief_For_Life58 11-18-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTHOF (Post 9130602)
Clark wasn't watching he was in the war room of the soccer draft.

this. clark was pregaming at highland park country club for the mls game on tonight. big game. western conference final

RINGLEADER 11-18-2012 08:36 PM

I doubt it happens, but it must eventually.

Need new GM to bring in new coaching staff who has some history working with young QBs and can install an offense suited to whoever that new QB is going to be.

DJJasonp 11-18-2012 08:57 PM

I want status quo until we clinch the #1 pick and make it extremely difficult for RAC and Pioli to be hired again by anyone other than the pats.

Until then, carry on!

KCFaninSEA 11-18-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9131215)
It was way more than I dared hope for. I think we did it. I saw so many smiling faces and got thank yous so many times for the signs and the desire to get rid of our collective nightmare.

Mr. Hunt will not do anything for at least a couple of weeks and probably not until the end of the season. Maybe he thinks that if he does he gives credit to the movements and that is why he hasn't fired Pioli yet. What if he is saying behind closed doors that this is his team and if he ever gives in to pressure from fans, even if it seems like he gave in to fan pressure, he is ruined as an owner. Would any other owner do that? He would want this to happen on his terms. Maybe the pressure from the fans has delayed the firing of Pioli. He might already have been fired were it not for the amount of pressure he faces. Just something to think about.

Simply Red 11-18-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9129944)
‏@WhitlockJason

Prediction: Scott Egoli goes tomorrow. Just a prediction.

http://i.imgur.com/ZYWz3.gif

Mr_Tomahawk 11-18-2012 10:16 PM

Doubt it.

milkman 11-18-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9131090)
Clark is at every home game...just like his Dad was. If you think Clark is happy with what's going on your nuts.

How does Clark know what's going on his nuts?

ChiefsCountry 11-18-2012 10:18 PM

An asskicking at Arrowhead by our main rival, with the quarterback that the owner wanted that his main man couldn't get, could be the final straw.

Rain Man 11-18-2012 10:19 PM

Dumb question here, but what does a GM do during the season anyway, other than sign a few street free agents?

Frazod 11-18-2012 10:19 PM

Nothing would surprise me at this point, but IMO Clark needs to get Pioli out immediately. The team has quit, the fanbase is in open mutiny and it's now becoming a national story. The embarrassment that is Pioli has to end.

FAX 11-18-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFaninSEA (Post 9131999)
Mr. Hunt will not do anything for at least a couple of weeks and probably not until the end of the season. Maybe he thinks that if he does he gives credit to the movements and that is why he hasn't fired Pioli yet. What if he is saying behind closed doors that this is his team and if he ever gives in to pressure from fans, even if it seems like he gave in to fan pressure, he is ruined as an owner. Would any other owner do that? He would want this to happen on his terms. Maybe the pressure from the fans has delayed the firing of Pioli. He might already have been fired were it not for the amount of pressure he faces. Just something to think about.

It's an interesting thought, Mr. KCFaninSEA. And possibly true.

Still, Clark has plenty of reasons to fire Pioli that have nothing to do with "fan pressure". If you follow the cause/effect flow in this circumstance, the fans wouldn't be angry had Pioli done the job he was hired to do in the first place.

Pioli's judgment has been arguably horrible since day one which is demonstrated by our record. Clark can avoid appearing weak simply by citing the reasons for moving on ... namely that the team is less competitive now than they were 4 years ago. Were he to make the decision, he would appear stronger ... not weaker. And, most importantly, he would be viewed as an owner with a higher commitment to winning than to personal relationships or merely short-term financial gain.

FAX

notorious 11-18-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFaninSEA (Post 9131999)

Good point, but the pressure is only going to get worse.