ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265934)

vailpass 10-30-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9066413)
Did you watch the ****ing movie? LMAO

That's exactly what he was doing.

After Yoda reveals who he really is, he's a completely different friggin' character.

"I cannot teach him, the boy has no patience."

Christ almighty, Donger, you ****ing troll.

I like how you fullgrown fanz talk about it like it's real. LMAO

vailpass 10-30-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9066455)
They should make a star wars theme park add-on to disney world.

Of course they will. Disney doesn't acquire without a robust plan to market every piece of a property into oblivion.

Frosty 10-30-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9066467)
Yes. How is Yoda acting cute testing Luke in anyway?

Already explained. I think you completely missed the point of the scene.

DaneMcCloud 10-30-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9066467)
Yes. How is Yoda acting cute testing Luke in anyway?

He's totally testing his patience. He later says he's watched Luke for a long time and his mind was never focused, he was impatient, etc.

That's exactly what Yoda was testing during their initial encounter.

The sad part about this scene is that once again, Lucas negated it with the prequels. We were never shown Obi Wan as impatient or like Luke in any way, shape or form.

Oh, and then Yoda challenges Luke about his fear, which is something he abhors in the TPM.

Hammock Parties 10-30-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9066443)
Yes I watched the movie (obviously).

I understand that you believe that he was testing him, but I don't agree. It was just a cute scene.

Well, it's cool that you're OK with being wrong.

Donger 10-30-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9066483)
He's totally testing his patience. He later says he's watched Luke for a long time and his mind was never focused, he was impatient, etc.

That's exactly what Yoda was testing during their initial encounter.

The sad part about this scene is that once again, Lucas negated it with the prequels. We were never shown Obi Wan as impatient or like Luke in any way, shape or form.

Oh, and then Yoda challenges Luke about his fear, which is something he abhors in the TPM.

Okay, but I think it's more likely that Lucas was just showing a cute muppet. Unless of course you have some evidence that was Lucas' actual intention...

Donger 10-30-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9066485)
Well, it's cool that you're OK with being wrong.

Certainly, and if you can prove I am, I'll accept it

Swanman 10-30-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9066499)
Okay, but I think it's more likely that Lucas was just showing a cute muppet. Unless of course you have some evidence that was Lucas' actual intention...

There is nothing "cute" about the entirety of Empire Strikes Back. That was 100% Star Wars badassery.

Donger 10-30-2012 03:57 PM

What about some of han's lines? "Laugh it up, fuzz ball". Testing Chewy, I suppose...

vailpass 10-30-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9066510)
There is nothing "cute" about the entirety of Empire Strikes Back. That was 100% Star Wars badassery.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 10-30-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9066499)

"A cute muppet" would have been those idiots in Return of the Muppets (ROTJ).

If you're not convinced, go to the library and check out The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film.

It's very interesting and details character evolution before and during the movie making process.

Donger 10-30-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9066510)

Except the cute Yoda part, yes.

Donger 10-30-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9066520)

If you're not convinced, go to the library and check out The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film.

It's very interesting and details character evolution before and during the movie making process.

No, Yoda was a cute muppet during that scene. He got darker of course.

Buck 10-30-2012 04:00 PM

I don't know if we're past this argument or not yet, but by today's standards, all 6 Star Wars movies should be considered kiddie movies.

Donger 10-30-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9066520)

Does this book prove that Yoda was testing Luke with his cuteness?