ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

Lzen 10-31-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 9066171)
I've read that too and ESPN3 is like watching the game through a fishtank and Justintv et al don't always come through.

Oh yeah, I forgot there was one KU football game that was on ESPN3 (N. Illinois). That stream sucked.

Lzen 10-31-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9068174)
When they say that Traylor resembles T-Rob, as in playing style, they are not exaggerating. He had a put-back dunk that bumped a seismometer in Lindley Hall.

I agree. I didn't expect a whole lot from him, but I was pleasantly surprised. I can definitely see him contributing this year.

Braincase 10-31-2012 01:41 PM

A side note, the USAToday poll has KU's women ranked at #25.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-31-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9069101)
A side note, the USAToday poll has KU's women ranked at #25.

Girls? Playing sports? Who knew?

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-31-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9067346)
Went to the game.

Perry Ellis might be the most silky, smooth player I have ever seen in a Kansas uniform.

McLemore is an incredible athlete. His hang time on one rebound slam could've been measured with a sundial... but it was night time.

Traylor and Lucas came off the bench for Withey and Ellis came off. We'll still have Wesley and Young as well. Damn... the depth on this team is going to be sick.

Anrio Adams is quick, but needs polish.

Andrew White III is solid. solid. solid.

KU will not be waiting another four years to get back to the Final Four.

Thanks. I was just about to ask how the freshmen looked.

Glad to have the Jayhawks back!

ArrowheadHawk 10-31-2012 09:57 PM

Can we have another please. I hate waiting a week for another game.

Braincase 11-01-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9070293)
Can we have another please. I hate waiting a week for another game.

Understood. Lucked out and an old friend from High School is sending me her tix for next Monday night's game. All I had to do was arrange for a tour of KU's Engineering Department for her kid with my wife. Winning!

Braincase 11-01-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9069107)
Girls? Playing sports? Who knew?

There are at least three good reasons to pay attention to KU Women's Basketball in the coming years... check the recruiting, dude!

chiefsfan987 11-01-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9071915)
There are at least three good reasons to pay attention to KU Women's Basketball in the coming years... check the recruiting, dude!

Saw that. :thumb:

Speaking of women's sports the volleyball team is doing really well too. They're ranked #20 with an rpi of #10 and are having their best season ever.

Braincase 11-01-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 9072202)
Saw that. :thumb:

Speaking of women's sports the volleyball team is doing really well too. They're ranked #20 with an rpi of #10 and are having their best season ever.

They just dropped to Texas Tech in the Big 12 Tourney, so now they have to wait on the NCAA's. That said, easily the program's best showing since 2003.

chiefsfan987 11-01-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9072222)
They just dropped to Texas Tech in the Big 12 Tourney, so now they have to wait on the NCAA's. That said, easily the program's best showing since 2003.

That was the soccer team that just lost in the Big 12 tourney. They're not making the NCAA's. They were only two games over .500 on the season, losing conference record, rpi of around 75. They're not getting in. The volleyball season however is still going on and will make the NCAA tourney even if they crash and burn the final 6 games.

Imon Yourside 11-03-2012 12:54 AM

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?height=366&embedCode=doOG42NjrjbCvrIh1kmjkUAuKFG-GZle&video_pcode=01cmg6XlatzWlXMTh6vW4VF_pukW&width=650&deepLinkEmbedCode=doOG42NjrjbCvrIh1kmjkUAuKF G-GZle"></script>

After one view, Kansas no doubt better than predicted
Published 12 hours and 25 minutes ago Last updated 10 hours and 52 minutes ago
Mike DeCourcy Sporting News

LAWRENCE, Kan.—For anyone who makes predictions about sports and publishes them for public discussion, there are going to be moments when it becomes clear a prognostication is just flat wrong. Usually, that occurs after some games have been played but it turns out that is not a prerequisite.

I had been experiencing some second thoughts lately about Sporting News' decision to place Kansas as our No. 12 team ahead of the 2012-13 college basketball season, in part because it's quite obvious we did not factor in our own belief the Jayhawks lack a serious challenger for a ninth consecutive Big 12 championship. After all, we have no other team from the conference in our top 25.

After watching the Jayhawks practice Thursday along with Jay Bilas and Fran Fraschilla of ESPN and Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star, it's apparent that there's more to it.

KU is very good.

The Jayhawks have an abundance of players who can score and will develop into another of coach Bill Self's typically stingy defensive teams. It is not likely to be a No. 1 seed, though that's not impossible, but Kansas will be a fixture in the top 10.

I told those in attendance at "A Courtside View," a panel discussion Thursday night arranged by Self as a fundraiser for his foundation, that the practice convinced me that was our first error of the year. I told them we're already 0-for-1 on our picks, that the Jayhawks are better than what we've suggested.

That opinion was endorsed by each of the other panel members, save for Self, who insisted, "I don't think we're all that good."

He is viewing the Jayhawks as they are, which is his job.

Ours is to see them as they will be in March.

We missed on that. Only by a little, but a miss nonetheless.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...than-predicted

CoMoChief 11-03-2012 07:39 AM

It's a much more fun game to watch when you have tons of athleticism on the outside. Last season KU didn't have much of that.

Can't even imagine how good this team would be had TRob stayed another season

Braincase 11-03-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 9075833)
That was the soccer team that just lost in the Big 12 tourney. They're not making the NCAA's. They were only two games over .500 on the season, losing conference record, rpi of around 75. They're not getting in. The volleyball season however is still going on and will make the NCAA tourney even if they crash and burn the final 6 games.

You're right, my mistake. I was drawing from memory, didn't take time to look it up.

HolyHandgernade 11-03-2012 08:40 PM

KU Basketball, my last emotional tether to being a sports fan. Thank you Bill Self, thank you Jayhawks!