ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Borderlands 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256390)

Fairplay 09-20-2012 12:11 AM

I saved out my game and quit. Went back and played the slot machines.
Blew most of my hard earned money. I won a cheap gun. I didn't want it so
i got out of the game.

I got back into the the game.
It still showed most of my cash gone!

I won't do that again.

Imon Yourside 09-20-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 8929635)
I saved out my game and quit. Went back and played the slot machines.
Blew most of my hard earned money. I won a cheap gun. I didn't want it so
i got out of the game.

I got back into the the game.
It still showed most of my cash gone!

I won't do that again.

Ya i had a buddy that won an orange weapon from one, so it does occasionally pay out but it isn't worth it unless you have tons of cash to blow. Also of note i killed a badguy that had a slot machine on his back..i then proceeded to play a few rounds and won nothing..lolz should be if you're out in the middle of nowhere you can simply open up the machine and get your money back.... ROFL

QuikSsurfer 09-20-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8929561)
Ya i can't get over how awesome it looks graphically and I only have the ATI 7700, so i'm sure it looks a little better on Nvidia. Amazing gameplay as well.

I'm running with a 6870 -- if you don't have a nvidia card - physix runs through your CPU. I've got a i5 2500k OCed to 4.5
I'm running at max with Physx set to Medium. Ran Fraps last night on my first 3 hours and the game sat around 62 FPS. It dipped down to 32 in Sanctuary for a minute when there was a shit ton going on-screen. So far, I'm loving how well optimized this game is.

SLAG 09-20-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8929852)
I'm running with a 6870 -- if you don't have a nvidia card - physix runs through your CPU. I've got a i5 2500k OCed to 4.5
I'm running at max with Physx set to Medium. Ran Fraps last night on my first 3 hours and the game sat around 62 FPS. It dipped down to 32 in Sanctuary for a minute when there was a shit ton going on-screen. So far, I'm loving how well optimized this game is.

Yes!

I have a 6790 with Core i7 920

Runs great

Imon Yourside 09-20-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8929852)

I have an I7 core 860 with an Asus 7700 ati card and it runs well, but this game is optimized for Nvidia. It slows down once in a while and takes forever to come back framerate wise. Sometimes it works great but after a few hours I have to exit the game and come back.

QuikSsurfer 09-20-2012 07:47 AM

What are your main builds?
I'm running with Zero -- Only level 7 right now but I'm sticking with Jakobs pistols and a nasty 12-round shotgun (I forget the make). Cloaking and running up to a higher level enemy to shotgun them in the face is pretty satisfying.
I haven't found a single sniper rifle yet -- which is odd.

QuikSsurfer 09-20-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8929870)
I have an I7 core 860 with an Asus 7700 ati card and it runs well, but this game is optimized for Nvidia. It slows down once in a while and takes forever to come back framerate wise. Sometimes it works great but after a few hours I have to exit the game and come back.

Haven't experienced any serious slowdowns, while I've only played for just over 3 hours. Like I said, my FPS only dipped once and there happened to be quite a bit of particles on screen.

Fairplay 09-20-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8929875)
What are your main builds?
I'm running with Zero -- Only level 7 right now but I'm sticking with Jakobs pistols and a nasty 12-round shotgun (I forget the make). Cloaking and running up to a higher level enemy to shotgun them in the face is pretty satisfying.
I haven't found a single sniper rifle yet -- which is odd.

Do a mission from Sir Hammerlock called Bad Hair Day, then he will give you a sniper rifle.

QuikSsurfer 09-20-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 8929907)
Do a mission from Sir Hammerlock called Bad Hair Day, then he will give you a sniper rifle.

Ahh I actually accepted that mission but went ahead with Claptrap's instead. I'll do that next then, thanks.

Fairplay 09-20-2012 08:12 AM

I have to throw ferovore (sp?) projectiles to complete a mission. How do you do that, what key do you push on the PC.

Sofa King 09-20-2012 09:52 AM

http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/50/7...ds-cosplay.jpg

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/48/7...ds-cosplay.jpg

Imon Yourside 09-20-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 8929929)
I have to throw ferovore (sp?) projectiles to complete a mission. How do you do that, what key do you push on the PC.

When the launcher type starts throwing stuff at you, shoot at it. Best accomplished with a shotgun.

Fairplay 09-21-2012 02:00 AM

"Too close for missiles" is a fun quest. Plus you get a couple of real nice weapons
in it.

Imon Yourside 09-21-2012 09:44 AM

Knew it was only a matter of time...

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KLhMWsfT_UY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 09-21-2012 11:36 AM

Holy annoying.......I'm playing as Axton....and I haven't found one ****ing rifle....period.