ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251423)

ThaVirus 10-21-2011 12:18 AM

Well since my parents were about 20 years old when they had me, they didn't practice the best parenting techniques. They pretty much let me and my sister watch any movie and listen to any music they did so I saw it all. The scariest movies I remember were the Halloweens (can't tell you which ones) when I was around 4 years old probably. I had the biggest fear of Michael Myers for the longest time from that, I promise.

After that, I'd say The Ring was the next big movie to scare me. I was around 13 when I saw it. I remember wanting to move the TV out of my room for a few weeks after that one. Even more, the whole creep/crawly/snappy movement thing that developed from her crawling up the well always gets me. A bunch of movies adopted it right after, like The Grudge, The Messengers and a few others.

Fairplay 10-21-2011 12:31 AM

The movie where this girls head goes around and around. Plus she throws up on people, talks real scary and has to be tied to a bed.

listopencil 10-21-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 8021592)
The movie where this girls head goes around and around. Plus she throws up on people, talks real scary and has to be tied to a bed.

Sex In The City?

BigMeatballDave 10-21-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8021666)
Sex In The City?

LMAO

Nzoner 10-21-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8020869)
need this in this thread. See these movies....they'll change your life :)

Wickedson's Definitive List of Bad Ass kinda Horror but more Brutal Movies:

enjoy!

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the one from the 70's)

[Still #1 in my book]

Audition

I own this movie,absolutely wicked.

Hard Candy (you thought the little girl from Juno was cute...)

Own this one as well,let's just say this one made me very uneasy and I found myself squirming more than once.

Irreversible (the worst rape scene but movie is incredible)

Great call,the rape scene was sickening,however,the murder scene was easily the most brutal I've seen as well.

Posted some thoughts on some of your choices and would also suggest checking out.

Man Bites Dog

SPOORLOOS-the original of The Vanishing that starred Keifer Sutherland.

The Flock

ohiobronco2 10-21-2011 08:25 AM

Now, one of the worst I've ever seen was played on, "USA, UP ALL NIGHT". I believe it was called THE CHILDREN.

ReynardMuldrake 10-21-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8020869)
need this in this thread. See these movies....they'll change your life :)

Wickedson's Definitive List of Bad Ass kinda Horror but more Brutal Movies:

enjoy!

[...]

Dude you have ****ed-up taste in movies. You just named most of the movies I refuse to watch.

Cannibal Holocaust? How can you watch a film where they kill real animals onscreen? That shit is sickening.

frankotank 10-21-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 8007094)
American werewolf in London did it for me when I was a kid.

A naked American man stole my balloons!

Bwana 10-21-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8006731)
Even older than that was a movie called Trilogy Of Terror where a vodoo doll comes to life and terrorizes a woman in her apartment.

I forgot all about that little bastard voo-doo doll. If I remember correctly, there were three mini stories and that was one of them. I also think it was a made for TV gig, rather than something you went to see at the theater? I could be wrong though. It's been a lot of years, back when the crust of the earth was cooling.

frankotank 10-21-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 8006695)
The Legend of Boggy Creek

Nice! I was a kid living in the upper peninsula of Michigan when this came out. They had taken plaster casts of supposed bigfoot footprints at the lake all of us kids would swim in. Damn I forgot all about this one. It bothered me…..big time….

I’ve always loved scary movies. Still do, except that for the most part they just aren’t scary anymore. I was in 7th grade-ish and me and my best friend Donnie had my mom get us into the base theater (Whiteman) to see this scary movie. I used to race Donnie from street light to street light all the time, and me being white, him being black, he’d beat me every time. So about 20 minutes into this movie we decide…we can't deal, we gotta leave. We had to walk thru woods to get home and now it’s dark. So you do that thing where he gets ahead of you so you walk a little faster to get ahead of him and then a little faster and then you’re flat out sprinting. We were seriously freaked out. I dusted his ass! I was first out of the woods by a long shot. Fear….it’ll make you run like a mother****er!

Anyways, I’ve since seen the WHOLE movie. It was on a few years back and it’s really not that scary. It's actually pretty silly, but it sure as hell was scary back in 7th grade.
It’s Alive.
That frigging baby....sick.

http://cbowiephoto.files.wordpress.c.../its_alive.jpg

CosmicPal 10-21-2011 09:19 AM

The scariest movies to me are the ones that incorporate suspense, a feeling of isolation, the feeling that it can happen to you, and a captivating, eerie soundtrack to get your heart pumping. With that said, my personal favorites all share those elements:

1. Jaws
2. The Exorcist
3. The Shining
4. The Thing
5. Halloween
6. Silence of the Lambs
7. Rec
8. Alien
9. The Descent
10. The Devil's Backbone

lcarus 10-21-2011 10:00 AM

This was always hysterical to me...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qEllT1RHqa8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner 10-21-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8023738)
I forgot all about that little bastard voo-doo doll. If I remember correctly, there were three mini stories and that was one of them. I also think it was a made for TV gig, rather than something you went to see at the theater? I could be wrong though. It's been a lot of years, back when the crust of the earth was cooling.

You'd be correct

QuikSsurfer 10-21-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 8023837)
10. The Devil's Backbone

Great, great movie. Surprised it hasn't been listed before now.

Frazod 10-21-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8020926)
American Werewolf in London was pretty good.

Wasn't that early 80's?

Love this movie. I saw this in the theater when I was in high school. I was watching the movie with two girls, one on either side, who were clinging to me throughout the entire film. I had already seen it once, so I knew were all the scary parts were and didn't flinch. Plus, most of my friends were sitting a couple of rows behind us without dates. What a great night. :D