ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs DE Allen Bailey Miami (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244572)

Chiefnj2 05-02-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7614420)
So do you have faith in Jackson to develop? Is so, do you consider bulking up Dorsey to play the nose?

If nothing else, we seem to have a good rotation put together, no? If Powe can play 1st and 2nd down, you can move Dorsey to NT on passing downs alongside Jackson and Bailey to push upfield.

I wouldn't move Dorsey. Let Bailey rotate in for Dorsey and T Jax. Powe can back up Smith for a year or two. Pass rush should be (L to R) Gilberry, Bailey, Dorsey.

ChiefsCountry 05-02-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7614420)
So do you have faith in Jackson to develop? Is so, do you consider bulking up Dorsey to play the nose?

If nothing else, we seem to have a good rotation put together, no? If Powe can play 1st and 2nd down, you can move Dorsey to NT on passing downs alongside Jackson and Bailey to push upfield.

Jackson gets pulled and Gillberry comes in that scenario. Dorsey at Nose with Bailey and Giberry on the sides. With Hali and Houston coming from the outside.

Hammock Parties 05-02-2011 01:01 PM

Our nickel rush is going to be

Hali Dorsey Gilberry Houston

That is damn fine, son.

tyton75 05-02-2011 01:19 PM

I'm hearing some say that the plan may very well be to move Dorsey to nose, at least in the rotation at nose

HotRoute 05-02-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 7614494)
I'm hearing some say that the plan may very well be to move Dorsey to nose, at least in the rotation at nose

I would be hesitant to do this since he has just started to prove he can be a good DE

DJ's left nut 05-02-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotRoute (Post 7614527)
I would be hesitant to do this since he has just started to prove he can be a good DE

He's proven he can play DE at an acceptable level; that he's an NFL caliber starting 3-4 DE.

But I won't say 'good'. If they think they can put him at the NT, keep his quickness and help him possibly reach the potential he had as the #5 overall pick, I'd certainly like to see it tried.

He's a nice player and certainly not a 'bust'. But he's not an impact guy either. If they think they can get more out of him at the nose, he's not been so great at DE that I wouldn't make the move for fear of messing him up.

philfree 05-02-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 7614494)

I read a rumor on ESPN that Atlanta wants to trade for Dorsey. :shrug: Don't know what they have left to trade. Of course this would be after the league is open for business.

PhilFree:arrow:

Saul Good 05-02-2011 01:43 PM

The guy's got to learn to get off the line more quickly if he's going to be worth a shit. The guy screams Vernon Gholston to me.

Chiefnj2 05-02-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7614535)
He's not been so great at DE that I wouldn't make the move for fear of messing him up.

He was as good as he could be considering the rest of the DL.

HotRoute 05-02-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 7614549)
I read a rumor on ESPN that Atlanta wants to trade for Dorsey. :shrug: Don't know what they have left to trade. Of course this would be after the league is open for business.

HELL NO!!!

Los Pollos Hermanos 05-02-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 7614549)

Dorsey for Ryan.

HotRoute 05-02-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 7614599)
Dorsey for Ryan.

Dimitrioff would be trying to make up for trading so many picks by trading more of them?? (I doubt it) I dont see many players on their roster that be worth Dorsey's value

Hammock Parties 05-02-2011 02:01 PM

There is no ****ing way we should trade Dorsey. He is the best defensive lineman we have and our run defense would suffer greatly without him.

HotRoute 05-02-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7614624)
There is no ****ing way we should trade Dorsey. He is the best defensive lineman we have and our run defense would suffer greatly without him.

Exactly not to mention, Trade talks at this point in time are meaningless.

The CBA and lockout should be priority #1

TheGuardian 05-02-2011 02:09 PM

We're not trading Dorsey.

He won't be moved to nose tackle.

Back to reality folks.