ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Sci-Fi geeks UNITE!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119615)

Frazod 03-11-2007 10:56 PM

January?

JANUARY????!!!!

:cuss:

:deevee:

007 03-11-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
January?

JANUARY????!!!!

:cuss:

:deevee:

Hey, if they run it like 24 and go 20-22 straight episodes, I am willing to wait for it.

keg in kc 03-20-2007 10:02 AM

A little surprised there wasn't any discussion about Sunday's first half of the season finale.

fucking Tigh's gone nuts. And Adama jr. is back to being the anti-dad.

keg in kc 03-20-2007 10:03 AM

FYI, if you TiVO Sunday, make sure you're set for 5 extra minutes, since it's going to run over.

Bowser 03-20-2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
A little surprised there wasn't any discussion about Sunday's first half of the season finale.

Heh. I thought that about Tighe as well. But maybe the music is how the Cylons are tracking Galactica? The trick then is how the hell can Tighe hear it?

Did Lee resign his commision? Or at least up until the next attack? No Apollo, no Starbuck.....

keg in kc 03-20-2007 10:14 AM

I think he did, yeah.

Tigh wasn't the only one hearing that music. I think, ah, what's-her-name, Roslin's assistant, Tori, maybe, and Starbuck's husband. I'm totally drawing a blank on names today.

Did you watch the preview for next week, and hear what Tyrol said?

Bowser 03-20-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

I think he did, yeah.

Tigh wasn't the only one hearing that music. I think, ah, what's-her-name, Roslin's assistant, Tori, maybe, and Starbuck's husband. I'm totally drawing a blank on names today.

Did you watch the preview for next week, and hear what Tyrol said?

Sam's the husband, and can't think of the assistant's name.

I missed most of the preview. I remember Chief saying something, but I was trying to deal with getting a kid to bed that didn't want to go. What was it, or is it spoiler rich?

keg in kc 03-20-2007 10:21 AM

He said something along the lines of...

(yes, spoilery)

We're Cylons

Bowser 03-20-2007 10:25 AM

Interesting. What do you want to bet that's the last line before the show ends?

I'm curious about that music. When Baltar was on the Base Ships, wasn't there always classical music playing in the background?

keg in kc 03-20-2007 10:30 AM

I would bet it's earlier in the show. My guess is that late in the show will be the battle and the reappearance of Starbuck. I just don't think she's dead.

It's really, really hard resisting the urge to read spoilers. There've been synopses of the entire episode available for weeks thanks to press screeners from about a month ago, but I've managed so far.

Frazod 03-20-2007 10:34 AM

Quote:

Lee's also vaulted to the top of Roslin's shit list. Good luck getting off that one.

I also have a theory about why the Cylons are suddenly able to track the fleet with ease. I'm thinking they may have a new leader with some special insight into how Adama's mind works... :hmmm:

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this coming episode doesn't end with a Picard/Locutus type showdown.

Bowser 03-20-2007 10:35 AM

I hear you. I stay away from all BG sites just for that reason. It's much more fun for me to speculate than to hear from a "confirmed inside source".

For instance - I believe Starbuck is going to show up piloting a Heavy Raider, or communicate with Galactica from a Base Ship.

keg in kc 03-20-2007 10:38 AM

I don't see why they couldn't be tracking the fleet through Six and/or Athena.

What if Athena is not Athena, but a Boomer masquerading as Athena, fooling everyone including her doting hubby. You know, the guy who commits treason and gets promoted. And they're freaking machines, why couldn't they transmit somehow?

What if another sleeper, a la the end of season one, has been activated.

(that's still maybe the best swerve/cliffhanger I've ever seen, Boomer shooting Adama. And what's most amazing is that you know she's a Cylon, the entire fucking season, and it's still an 'oh shit!' moment)

I was really surpised to hear Roslin's cancer was back, and I love the guy playing Lampkin. He stole the show in court.

I also liked that Lee struggled in court, and wasn't what you'd usually see on TV, i.e. the guy who can do everything, if he just puts his mind to it, doggone it! :shake:

I have a feeling we'll have a lot to talk about Sunday night.

007 03-20-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Lee's also vaulted to the top of Roslin's shit list. Good luck getting off that one.

I also have a theory about why the Cylons are suddenly able to track the fleet with ease. I'm thinking they may have a new leader with some special insight into how Adama's mind works... :hmmm:

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this coming episode doesn't end with a Picard/Locutus type showdown.

Best of Both Worlds. Outstanding episodes.

keg in kc 03-20-2007 11:34 AM

Yeah, that was the point where I really got into TNG.

Believe it or not, a young writer named Ronald D. Moore got a story editor credit on those episodes. He'd sold his first Next Generation script earlier that season.