ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Mass Effect 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238275)

keg in kc 03-05-2012 04:28 PM

Listening to more of the soundtrack, I'm finally hearing some things I like.

keg in kc 03-05-2012 08:25 PM

Played through Arrival again to finish my last ME2 achievement (beat all 5 waves). Ready to go!

Enjoyed Arrival again. Really like ME2 a ton. Not sure why I haven't played it more in the last 12 months.

Imon Yourside 03-05-2012 09:19 PM

Mass Effect 3 – No Import File Default Choices

The Mass Effect series features plenty of choice, and Bioware wants you to experience the consequences of your actions in Mass Effect 3. But, not everyone has played the previous games in the series, kept their save file, or switched systems to try Mass Effect on a new platform. Because of that, Mass Effect 3 starts with a set of default, generic, choices to get you started fast in Mass Effect 3. Sadly, these default choices won’t lead to some of the most interesting tidbits in Mass Effect 3, so another reply of Mass Effect 2 might be in order.

If you’re switching from 360 to PC, you’re in luck! Check out our guide to transferring save files from X-box to PC. Otherwise, check out our huge text and video walkthrough for Mass Effect 3 here.

Beware: MASSIVE MASS EFFECT 1 & 2 SPOILERS AHEAD

HOW DO I USE SPOILER TAGS?

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect...fault-choices/

keg in kc 03-06-2012 12:17 AM

I couldn't tell you why, but the real game seems so much more awesome than the demo. And I liked the demo a lot. Must be something about it being my old character starting the game at level 30.

veist 03-06-2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8420994)
I couldn't tell you why, but the real game seems so much more awesome than the demo. And I liked the demo a lot. Must be something about it being my old character starting the game at level 30.

After playing so much of the demo going back to ME2 tonight to mess with some things was jarring. Combat is so much more fluid in ME3 and just a lot less shitty. Plus I was right back to pining for the not shitty gear systems of ME/ME3. I still can't believe they managed to make something that was not just worse but significantly worse than the awful inventory system that ME employed.

keg in kc 03-06-2012 12:41 PM

I actually despised the inventory in ME1 so much that I thought losing it completely in ME2 was a tremendous improvement.

It took me 2+ hours just to get through the prologue last night. I'm loving the hell out of the early part of the game.

Johnny Vegas 03-06-2012 12:46 PM

I got it for the xbox. I can't wait. I'm geeking out.

keg in kc 03-06-2012 03:51 PM

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but scanning planets in this game is awesome.

Frazod 03-06-2012 04:48 PM

Is Miranda in ME3? I really liked Miranda. :drool:

I could do without Jack, though. Gag.

thecoffeeguy 03-06-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8422423)
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but scanning planets in this game is awesome.

Really? I hated that in ME2.

keg in kc 03-06-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8422556)
Is Miranda in ME3? I really liked Miranda. :drool:

I could do without Jack, though. Gag.

I believe they both are, but I don't know to what degree. I'm barely into the game. I've played the prologue (which took more than 2 hours), the dlc From Ashes and a couple of side missions. I haven't even done the first main quest after the prologue yet, although I've played over 6 hours.

(this is looking like a huge game...)
Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy (Post 8422573)
Really? I hated that in ME2.

It's like they combined the best parts of ME1 and ME2. You fly the ship around looking for anomalies, by using a scanner. But if you use the scanner too much, the Reapers are alerted and they kill you.

When you do find an anomaly, you only have to use a single probe. And you can get a wide variety of stuff. I've gotten 2 quest turn-ins from scanning, a bunch of credits, fuel, and various war assets (stuff you have to build to have any chance against the reapers).

I'm actually enjoying it, and not just for a relaxing brain-dead tedium of it.

Imon Yourside 03-07-2012 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8422605)
I believe they both are, but I don't know to what degree. I'm barely into the game. I've played the prologue (which took more than 2 hours), the dlc From Ashes and a couple of side missions. I haven't even done the first main quest after the prologue yet, although I've played over 6 hours.

(this is looking like a huge game...)It's like they combined the best parts of ME1 and ME2. You fly the ship around looking for anomalies, by using a scanner. But if you use the scanner too much, the Reapers are alerted and they kill you.

When you do find an anomaly, you only have to use a single probe. And you can get a wide variety of stuff. I've gotten 2 quest turn-ins from scanning, a bunch of credits, fuel, and various war assets (stuff you have to build to have any chance against the reapers).

I'm actually enjoying it, and not just for a relaxing brain-dead tedium of it.

Is there an actual battle? or it just plays a cutscene and the anti-awesome button kicks in?

veist 03-07-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8424079)
Is there an actual battle? or it just plays a cutscene and the anti-awesome button kicks in?

You only die if you are trying to die, what happens is the reapers come and chase you and you know where they are coming from by big red arrows at the edge of the system. You can pop out of the system and you're fine. You can even pop back into the system and keep scanning and running from them or grabbing the things you found and running from them. Or if you go do a mission you can come back and the Reapers are off doing whatever. The "hits" in the system will still be there so you don't have to re-scan them and their alert level is reset back to 0. The actual planet scanning is just the scanning for anomalies with the thing telling you what direction to go and the scan speed is turned up like in ME2 after the updates to scanning.

Saulbadguy 03-07-2012 12:08 PM

Played an hour of it so far, and I love it.

The only problem I have is that audio seems to be out of sync during cutscenes. The characters lips move before the audio comes in. Anyone else having this problem on PC?

keg in kc 03-07-2012 12:40 PM

The lip synch thing appears to resolve itself. I noticed it early on (also noticed it in the demo), but it hasn't been an issue for a while now.

I'm not sure it's related or not, but I think we may be hitting the uncanny valley with virtual acting.