ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft We just might get a trade down yet. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272042)

Frankie 04-14-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9585270)
I'd love it if we could trade down and snag Austin. But Moeaki needs replaced at some point. Far to unreliable.

That would be nice too. But that would mean McCluster will be traded, and I think Reid likes him too much to trade him.

Coogs 04-14-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9585535)
That would be nice too. But that would mean McCluster will be traded, and I think Reid likes him too much to trade him.

Why? Look at the Packers WR corp. They have multiple speed guys. Bowe, Avery, Austin, McCluster would make a bad ass 4 WR set. Very toudh to defend. Put Charles in that mix at either lone RB or move him out to a 5 WR set, and out offense would be a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses.

Cannibal 04-14-2013 11:35 AM

I don't hate McCluster as much as some on here do, but he's too slow for his size. Austin would be a major upgrade that would also be a game breaker in the return game. I'd move McCluster to back up RB and give him about 10 touches / game.

milkman 04-14-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9585560)
I don't hate McCluster as much as some on here do, but he's too slow for his size. Austin would be a major upgrade that would also be a game breaker in the return game. I'd move McCluster to back up RB and give him about 10 touches / game.

I'd trade McCluster for a bag of Fritos and a box of Cheez-Its, and feel like I raped in the deal.

Coogs 04-14-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9585574)
I'd trade McCluster for a bag of Fritos and a box of Cheez-Its, and feel like I raped in the deal.

As our 3rd receiver with Bowe and Avery, yeah I think we could do better. However, as our 4th receiver in a set with Bowe, Avery, and Austin, I thnk he could be very effective.

He actually looked pretty good in the Denver game a couple of years ago with Orton at the QB spot... both as a runner and receiver when Bowe was in the game to take some heat off.

Will he ever live up to his draft position? Probably not. But he still could add a lot to this team as a 4th to 5th option that many teams wouldn't have.

milkman 04-14-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9585688)
As our 3rd receiver with Bowe and Avery, yeah I think we could do better. However, as our 4th receiver in a set with Bowe, Avery, and Austin, I thnk he could be very effective.

He actually looked pretty good in the Denver game a couple of years ago with Orton at the QB spot... both as a runner and receiver when Bowe was in the game to take some heat off.

Will he ever live up to his draft position? Probably not. But he still could add a lot to this team as a 4th to 5th option that many teams wouldn't have.

McCluster did nothing that any slapdick couldn't do when Orton was at QB.

All those games showed was how terrible Cassel was to the idiots that still defended that useless piece of garbage.

DTLB58 04-14-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Not with Gray on this team. I'd keep him over Dex.

rabblerouser 04-14-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9585574)

that's the truth!!

If I could trade him for the rights to Drew Bledsoe, I would do it and consider it rape.

rabblerouser 04-14-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9585724)

All those games showed was how terrible Cassel was to the idiots that still defended that useless piece of garbage.

It showed me why Haley hated Pioli and that ****ing 'quarterbacking corps' he had been saddled with, and then that's when I understood why he went insane.

SAUTO 04-14-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

True story
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 04-14-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

McCluster is faster and more agile than people on CP give him credit for, and I think the claims that he's not are a little ridiculous.

McCluster has sucked because he's making terrible decisions in the open field, he seems uncomfortable and unnatural running the ball in space or not in space unless he's a RB, and because of all that he looks tentative. He has to be coached out of that. But the idea that he can't improve is wrong. It's just becoming more and more of a longshot at this point.

rabblerouser 04-14-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9585842)
McCluster is faster and more agile than people on CP give him credit for, and I think the claims that he's not are a little ridiculous.

McCluster has sucked because he's making terrible decisions in the open field, he seems uncomfortable and unnatural running the ball in space or not in space unless he's a RB, and because of all that he looks tentative. He has to be coached out of that. But the idea that he can't improve is wrong. It's just becoming more and more of a longshot at this point.

I would've been uncomfortable on this team in 2011 and 2012 as well.

Mr. Laz 04-14-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

why would you possibly want to move an undersized guy who can't make people miss to RB?

talking about wasting a roster spot

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-14-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9585301)
Lol. Stop trying to compare this scenario to the Favre-Rodgers scenario. The two are incredibly different.

When did I say that in my post, asswipe? As of today, no it is not. Two years from now? It very well could be. And that, is one of many reasons John Dorsey needs to be around. Let Reid have his little man-crush, and let him learn from it. I'm glad that info came out; soooooooo glad. Puts the FAIL blame right where it belongs, and gives my man Dorsey a clean shrug of the shoulders when shit(read; Alice)goes south. Good times, mother****er. Good times.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-14-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9585357)
This is where I'm at. I wasn't thrilled with Reid, wasn't happy with Smith. I was however thrilled with the Dorsey hire. I think he's the key and hopefully has the brains to straighten things out for a change.

John Dorsey, if given the authority more often than not, will ABSOLUTELY build us one mother****er of a football team. The thought of KC having a Raji, Hawk, Matthews, and Rodgers of our own is just wood-inducing. I absolutely believe in John Dorsey. That mother****er wants BALLERS and not "value". **** value. :)
Posted via Mobile Device