ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Are you happy with the Andy Reid hire? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268484)

crazycoffey 01-05-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9284302)
Clay also put up a stat about the Eagles being 7th in rushing attempts. Not sure if it was this year or last. Clock management has always seemed to be an issue with him, but to be honest, a lot of coaches struggle with that. Way too many than it should be considering the attention to detail they have everywhere else.

**** Clay, do your own research. It's not hard to open google and type in the words "rushing attempts by an Andy Reid offense".

Or do you want to entrust what's cool to grannie's cohabitant?

NJChiefsFan 01-05-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9284313)
**** Clay, do your own research. It's not hard to open google and type in the words "rushing attempts by an Andy Reid offense".

Or do you want to entrust what's cool to grannie's cohabitant?

At 7am falling asleep nearly 4 hours after I should have, I am going to trust him. Or leave it til tomorrow. Or should I say today.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9281358)
I'm okay with the Reid hire, but not ecstatic about it. I view him as being the next generation of Marty Schottenheimer, where the team will be good but won't ever be the dominant team in the league. A Super Bowl win would be a fluke.

However, after the last few years, consistent playoff appearances would be a cool drink of water, so I'm not going to grouse about him and I hope he comes in and does great. I can see where a coach like him is a logical hire when the goal is really to become respectable again...just like when Marty Schottenheimer arrived in 1999.

Does Reid ever talk about the gleam?

He's the main disciple of Mike Holmgren. I fully expect us to win a Super Bowl with Andy Reid at the helm. Yep. I just said it.

WhiteWhale 01-05-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9284302)
Clay also put up a stat about the Eagles being 7th in rushing attempts. Not sure if it was this year or last. Clock management has always seemed to be an issue with him, but to be honest, a lot of coaches struggle with that. Way too many than it should be considering the attention to detail they have everywhere else.

This is where they ranked on attempts every year of Reid's career starting with the first.

19, 24, 23, 5, 25, 31, 30, 27, 20, 17, 28, 15, 12, and 19.

In terms of yards he's fared much better. He's had a top 10 running attack in 5 of those 14 seasons.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 09:51 AM

Beats ranking first in rushing attempts and scoring 12 pts. a game by a COUNTRY MILE....or signing whatever slapdick coach still out there.

Easy 6 01-05-2013 09:52 AM

Ya damn skippy i'm happy!

htismaqe 01-05-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9284605)
Beats ranking first in rushing attempts and scoring 12 pts. a game by a COUNTRY MILE....or signing whatever slapdick coach still out there.

This.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9284581)
This is where they ranked on attempts every year of Reid's career starting with the first.

19, 24, 23, 5, 25, 31, 30, 27, 20, 17, 28, 15, 12, and 19.

In terms of yards he's fared much better. He's had a top 10 running attack in 5 of those 14 seasons.

The reason for that is because Reid utilizes his feature back much more exclusively. A lot of teams rack up rushing attempts slamming Thomas Jones or Payton Hillis into the backs of the linemen, which is a complete waste of time.

Reid uses short passes as a substitute for runs - far more efficient and a lot easier on your RBs body.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 10:00 AM

We've been watching RRPP since 06, knowing that is gone is reason enough to be a bit giddy.

WhiteWhale 01-05-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284626)
The reason for that is because Reid utilizes his feature back much more exclusively. A lot of teams rack up rushing attempts slamming Thomas Jones or Payton Hillis into the backs of the linemen, which is a complete waste of time.

Reid uses short passes as a substitute for runs - far more efficient and a lot easier on your RBs body.

I wasn't criticizing it, I was simply posting the fact. I don't need it explained to me, but thanks anyway. :)

WhiteWhale 01-05-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9284605)

As I said, he fares much better in production. One season he was 25th in attempts and top 10 in yards.

That's fine for me. Charles is more than capable of getting a lot of production from limited but quality carries. This is a passing league.

One thing i"m very excited about is what this means for Jamaal Charles, but I don't see this team winning a SB with Andy Reid. Not after what I've seen of his game management. He's not Sean Payton.

Predarat 01-05-2013 10:03 AM

Overall yes, a good hire, just hoping he is not burned out.

Sully 01-05-2013 10:05 AM

Can't vote on Tapatalk, but I keep thinking about this.
When Carl was fired and Pioli brought in, I was ecstatic. I thought the Chiefs world was going to be one of playoffs and championships. While I, like most people, get sick of dynasties (over-hype) I've always liked the Patriots, and really hoped we could have that kind of success here.
I think Pioli broke me.
I find it hard to be "excited" for the changes. I find it hard not to be very cynical and jaded, and in an eeyor sort of way just think, "How's this going to fail." Just like its human nature to remember insults people fling at you more vividly than compliments, for now I guess a part of my fandom is to wait for the bad more readily than the good.
I hope it's the right hire. Cognitively, I appreciate that Clark targeted his guy, and did what it took to get him. In some small ways it reminds me of the story of us signing James Hasty. I hope Reid, with a new perspective, has figured some things out. I hope that the Chiefs can be one of the best.
In short, I can't bring myself to "excitement," but... I hope.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9284635)
As I said, he fares much better in production. One season he was 25th in attempts and top 10 in yards.

That's fine for me. Charles is more than capable of getting a lot of production from limited but quality carries. This is a passing league.

One thing i"m very excited about is what this means for Jamaal Charles, but I don't see this team winning a SB with Andy Reid. Not after what I've seen of his game management. He's not Sean Payton.

We haven't won a playoff game in 20 years. Lets not jump to the Lombardi Trophy just yet.

WhiteWhale 01-05-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284670)
We haven't won a playoff game in 20 years. Lets not jump to the Lombardi Trophy just yet.

Our utter failure should not change where the bar of success is placed.

The goal should be to win championships.