ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Amazing Spider Man trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247350)

bevischief 05-23-2012 11:31 AM

I can't finish watching these trailers for this train wreck...

bowener 05-23-2012 02:57 PM

Interesting that the Daily Bugle is now a TV network. Small, but good change IMO.

Aries Walker 05-23-2012 03:28 PM

Has anyone tried calling the hotline?

Mr. Laz 05-23-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7759120)
ya........this has already been done recently........

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 7759217)
Meanwhile, several movie executives are hard at work already rebooting this movie.

spiderman is the most rebooting franchise in history

they have redone the same dozen storylines in comics,cartoons,movies etc for the last 40 years. Stan Lee has been a part of almost all those reboots.

I'm beginning to think that Lee won't let anyone write anything new.

Tribal Warfare 05-25-2012 11:11 PM

New Image Of The Lizard

http://starkindustries.ru/_ph/786/650569335.jpg

http://starkindustries.ru/_ph/786/705346798.jpg

http://starkindustries.ru/_ph/786/22346764.jpg

JD10367 05-26-2012 10:03 AM

Long 6-minute IMAX trailer was released with "MiB3". Looks decent. The 3D looks pretty good (on a giant screen, at least). They may have planned this movie as filler, to keep hold of the rights, but it's looking more and more like a flick that will make a little cash, especially with "Avengers" keeping Marvel/superheroes on the mind. "GI Joe" was yanked from release, probably because it was coming out days ahead of this film and would probably get assraped at the box office.

Red Brooklyn 05-27-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8634597)
spiderman is the most rebooting franchise in history

they have redone the same dozen storylines in comics,cartoons,movies etc for the last 40 years. Stan Lee has been a part of almost all those reboots.

I'm beginning to think that Lee won't let anyone write anything new.

Isn't the whole sub-plot about the mystery of Peter's parents brand new?

Tribal Warfare 06-12-2012 05:59 PM

'Venom' Movie May Tie into 'Amazing Spider-Man' Avengers-Style — EXCLUSIVE

Besides being one of the year's biggest box office winners, the success of The Avengers is already showing off its creative influence throughout Hollywood. For more than a decade, superhero movies and franchises were coveted summer tentpoles, recognizable characters with epic adventures ripe for adaptation — but Marvel's The Avengers upped the ante. The comic book titan's five years of strategic interconnectivity and world building, beginning with 2008's Iron Man, paid off with a grand crescendo, one that resulted in approval of fans and big returns.

Other studios foresaw the success even before Avengers hit theaters. Earlier this week, we learned DC/Warner Bros. is moving forward with their plan to assemble the Justice League, and based on Hollywood.com's conversation with The Amazing Spider-Man producers Avi Arad and Matthew Tolmach, the world of Spider-Man may be in the for the same interwoven storytelling.

While promoting Spider-Man, Arad and Tolmach alluded that their next project, Venom would be developed in a similar fashion that could potentially tie the films together. "What I'm trying to say to you without giving anything away is hopefully all these worlds will live together in peace someday," hinted Tolmach. Venom , which Chronicle director Josh Trank is rumored to helm, will follow Eddie Brock, a character previously introduced in Spider-Man 3. Don't expect any carryover, as Venom will be following Amazing Spider-Man's modern, realistic approach.

"It's an Eddie Brock story," explained Arad. "We want to be as close to the comics as possible. Especially in Eddie Brock's story. But again, pseudo-sceince is becoming science. All these tidbits about webs, artificial webs, is a huge industry now. Spiderwebs have unique qualities that will be huge for communications, fibers, and so forth. So we have taken the approach that we want to make the huge amazing movie about Eddie." Commitment to reality and tangibility is a key factor to Amazing Spider-Man. From Arad's description, the scientific slant will be a point of interest in Venom.

Tolmach and Arad insisted their Eddie Brock, who was drawn in early incarnations as a muscled man, would be more grounded. "He was a journalist. He had the wrong story, he got in trouble for it, he got fired," explains Tolmach, who also went on to describe his and Arad's approach to adapting Marvel properties. "The whole essence to us for the Marvel characters. Stay close to the bible, stay close to the emotional story, and the rest is fun."

When Venom eventually hits theaters, expect it to feel intrinsically connected to July's Amazing Spider-Man. As Tolmach puts it: "Look for the worlds to make sense with one another."

keg in kc 06-12-2012 06:21 PM

Not exactly related, but I read earlier that the Oscorp building was going to be in the Avengers as part of the city skyline, but didn't make it due to design scheduling problems or something like that. But Sony approved it and odds are we're going to see some more crossover/cooperation between Sony and Disney.

Chiefs Pantalones 06-12-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8675458)
Not exactly related, but I read earlier that the Oscorp building was going to be in the Avengers as part of the city skyline, but didn't make it due to design scheduling problems or something like that. But Sony approved it and odds are we're going to see some more crossover/cooperation between Sony and Disney.

I've heard on various message boards that Spider-Man will be in the next Avengers movie and there's rumors of a possible Fury appearance at the end of this movie.

Bowser 06-12-2012 11:00 PM

Ok.

In my humble opinion, you just can NOT have a Venom story come before the telling of the Secret Wars story. It IS where Venom comes from, afterall. Am I the only one that is bugged by that?

Maybe such a venture is just complete folly for live action. I would have no problem with it being some type of super modern animation

beach tribe 06-12-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8676292)
Ok.

In my humble opinion, you just can NOT have a Venom story come before the telling of the Secret Wars story. It IS where Venom comes from, afterall. Am I the only one that is bugged by that?

Maybe such a venture is just complete folly for live action. I would have no problem with it being some type of super modern animation

I've been wondering about all of this, and have come to the conclusion that SW is probably going to be written out of the on-screen Marvel universe. The time-lines are just too difficult to tie together. The alien will have to come from somewhere else.

Deberg_1990 06-29-2012 06:46 AM

Reviews are filtering out for this. Some good, some bad.....but the overall consensus is that its well made but a sort of been there done that. Just as ive thought all along.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man/

suds79 06-29-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8708868)
Reviews are filtering out for this. Some good, some bad.....but the overall consensus is that its well made but a sort of been there done that. Just as ive thought all along.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man/

Yep.

Where can I catch the trailer for the next remake of Ironman???

JD10367 06-29-2012 12:30 PM

79% on RT right now, not too shabby. Hell, as just a reboot of the original story, if it helps wash Tobey Maguire out of my mind it'll be worth it. Worst choice ever for a superhero.

Both my regular hard drive and IMAX hard drive are in. No keys yet, but as soon as they activate I'm watching that puppy and will post my review.